Blackbook Techniques.

HandPickedGod

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ginger Bread Man

i just read through the entire thread and...

WOW...

did no one see the can two piece posted? if you didnt ill repost it for this reason alone.

01_in_web.jpg

very few times in my life have i gawked at a piece like this one. why am i even making an effort to paint when someone is able to do this? too sick

as far as technique and tricks..

go BASIC. in my opinion<which isnt worth much> every writer should have a plethora of simple letters therefore one should commence in letter structure before even getting into colour theory and what not.

even before the simple shit one MUST practice the art of handstyles. i hate looking at a semi decent piece /sketch whatever with decent colours only to see the hand is beyond wack.

definitely place something under the page you are working on so as to not bleed on the next page. this is usefull when using prismas heavily as they tend to smudge over to the next page.

experiment: try something that seems as if it could work, dont throw ur ideas out, come back to them later. there are sketches that took me 3 months to complete because i wasnt feeling it at the time. even after complete i didnt paint it for 3 years.

most of the sketches i do are meant to be painted and to be truthful i have done maybe 5 colour joints in my life. someone pointed nature as a good source for colour ideas. this is sound advice. look anywhere you are, heck look at a computer and see the colors used for certain things and apply that to what you are doing.

pen and ink is a good way to really flex. or more like to show how well you are able to flex...

thats about enough of that . i quite...

that cantwo... man o man

o and as hecz said. make sure u are better than or at the level of skill the person you are learning

also, when you're new and are having trouble figuring out how to even construct a letter

look to the thousands of examples that have been completed before you.

lots of greats have done big pieces that, in relative terms, are really simple.

''a good artist doesn't copy... he steals.''

you're of course going to need to be able to do your own stuff but that comes with it.

for example, say you're looking at a blocky sp.one piece but the name you write maybe has none of the same letters. practice the sp.one then see how you can create your own letters in a similar style, then grow your own style from there.

there's nothing wrong in looking up to the best.

just so long as you keep your own.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

heres the begining to a sketch im doing for hecz... repost i know however it reflects a few techniques

heczdz5.jpg

someone pointed out the shadow under to the side or above the line u would like to give the impression of depth..

also

VANISHING POINTS.... they ARE necessary. they keep your 3d looking nice and correct.

i hate out of place 3d

lasty SHINES or highlights or whatever u call them... they should go directly opposite your 3d... this is corect lighting at least

• 1 month later...

here's one that helped me with my overall drawing skills.it's a book called "(the new)drawing on the right side of the brain".sometimes boring,but very informative.do the exercises in the book and you will get that endorphin rush that dizEspelz metioned.for those of you who are not farmiliar with that endorphin rush,you'll be be hooked like a crackhead.

Go for Twin Touch Markers you can get them from graphotism of 4graffiti.co.uk/.com bit pricey but still awesome markers they are the same lines as copics also try searchin on Ebay just found a shit load of them

just search lad for fuck sake what do you fink google is for LOL!!!!

<SLINK>

• 2 weeks later...