Blackbook Techniques.

HandPickedGod

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The new Bic Markit pack is out with 29 colors including lots of pastels and light and dark grey.

Mix that with Sharpies and you have the poor-man's prismas.

Also: bought some blowpens. DEFINATELY worth the price. Not only do they not fuck up permanent markers but you can get nice effects depending on angle, how close you are and shit like that. Hold the blowpen close to the page and blow extra hard. Then blow that around on the page for insane drips that go all sorts of psycho places.

Trust me... it's the shit.

I'd like to share a few things I've noticed...

Use your darker color first and blend in with your lighter color. The lighter colors tend to have more alcohol or other thinning agents and despite what you remember from grade school, it won't fuck the markers up.

Use those gray markers! They can do wonders for shading. You can also shade with a pencil and the marker will reflect that when you're done.

For tight-ass highlights, paint pens are great but you can get thin, detailed lines with a colored pencil. I use Prisma pencils for that too but you don't have to throw fifty bucks on a full set. Any place that sells them (Michaels) will sell them individually. The white pencils will be opaque enough to get the effect over.

yea blending markers r a waste of time for me, like everyone else said, the easiest way to do it, is to lay ur dark color down first, then right away do tight circles using ur lighter color over the dark color, then if u cant get it the way u want go back to ur dark and go over the light a little bit, jus keep experimentin and practice, ull get it

Back to blackbook techniques...

Anyone have problems with markers on a page that's been spraypainted?

06050701.jpg

I did that and it killed every marker I used on it... hence the fading fill...

Any advice on that shit? I'm thinking I'll spray paint the page after next time and just let the splatter fall where they want...

i never knew you was this good EBA...damn you good !

• 2 weeks later...

The prisma colorless blender marker is for blending with their colored pencils.

Decocolors have the worst white, its like penis puddin. I heard pentel are the shizit.

For blending like you guys say "lay down the dark color first" doesnt work well with waterbased markeres cuz the lighter color gets dirty from the dark color. (thats why it didnt work in grdade school, cuz they give the kids non-toxic "water" based not "alcohol"

I should have pointed out that the darker color marker first trick only works like he said... with non-water-based markers. If you're using water-based like crayola or roseart and blend dark to light it will fuck up your markers.

prismacolors are not made for dry paper, so a fade can be tricky. canson makes a paper for artist markers. its silky not dry, so a fade is pretty easy. it looks a little watery though. i usually use sharpie ultra fine point markers for the letter outline and in a detailed fill in. regular tiped shrapies for the outline. sharpie aslo makes a ultra fine point white/silver paint marker. sharpie only makes 29 or so colors, so not much of a selection. trial and error, and practice is really the only tip.