recipe for a 12oz cock sucker competition

GamblersGrin

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=1875386

Recipe for a Web Hoax of Air Force One: a Rented 747, a BLOW Job, and a Video Camera

WASHINGTON Apr 21, 2006 (AP)— A startling Internet video that shows someone spraying graffiti on President Bush's jet looked so authentic that the Air Force wasn't immediately certain whether the plane had been targeted.

It was all a hoax. No one actually sprayed the slogan "Still Free" on the cowling of Air Force One.

The pranksters responsible for the grainy, two-minute Web video employed by a New York fashion company revealed Friday how they pulled it off: a rented 747 in California painted to look almost exactly like Air Force One.

"I wanted to do something culturally significant, wanted to create a real pop-culture moment," said Marc Ecko of Marc Ecko Enterprises. "It's this completely irreverent, over-the-top thing that could really never happen: this five-dollar can of paint putting a pimple on this Goliath."

The video shows hooded graffiti artists climbing barbed-wire fences and sneaking past guards with dogs to approach the jumbo jet. They spray-paint a slogan associated with free expression.

After the video began circulating on the Web on Tuesday, the Air Force checked to see whether the plane had been vandalized.

"We're looking at it, too," said Lt. Col. Bruce Alexander, a spokesman for the Air Mobility Command's 89th Airlift Wing, which operates Air Force One. "It looks very real."

Alexander later confirmed that no such spray-painting had occurred.

Ecko acknowledged Friday that his company had rented a 747 cargo jet at San Bernardino's airport and covertly painted one side to look like Air Force One. Employees signed secrecy agreements and worked inside a giant hangar until the night the video was made. Ecko declined to say how much the stunt cost.

"It's not cheap," he said. "You have to be rich."

On the Net:

Hoax video: http://www.stillfree.com

Air Force One: http://public.andrews.amc.af.mil

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistrib

now i'll be like the rest of the chanel zero's, "discuss." duh. duh. inject bayer into your fucking face.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

when i first saw the video i was like wtf this nigga is crazy.. i str8 up shet my pantalones. then i read the article and i was soooo pissed like wtf is this hipster onb

It is a pretty cool concept, but it's not that original. It looks just like any real, illegal graff DVD where people are painting transit, or something else hot, except it probably cost him three hundred thousand dollars to fake.

This guy claims to be glorifying the graffiti culture, when he is in fact selling it out in the most shameless way possible. If dude is so into the fucking lifestyle, he should go out and bomb, do clean trains, whatever-- if he gets busted, he could afford a good lawyer, whatever fines he caught, etc., for probably less than he spent to try and trick the world into thinking he is actually living that shit. He's not going to do time, and therefore he wouldn't be taking the same risks as a lot of the real writers, but it would count for something.

At the same time, stunts like this make a mockery of the people who actually devote themselves to this life. The people who take real risks to go out and live it, and then don't post it all over the internet-- the people with photo albums full of flicks of transit they've painted in major cities around the world, that they only show to their closest friends. They make huge sacrifices, financially and pesonally, to contribute to a culture that they believe in, and then Marc Ecko spends a couple of days and a couple hundred thousand bucks to "buy" the same rep that they have earned. And bringing that kind of activity to the attention of the fucking secret service and armed forces is stupid, selfish, irresponsible, and ultimately, probably going to harm the culture more than a video game or movie ever will.

At the same time' date=' stunts like this make a mockery of the people who actually devote themselves to this life.[/quote']

Writers want exposure and acknowledgement for writing their names on things that don't belong to them.

Mark Ecko wants money, fame and exposure for stitching his name on something that doesn't belong to him.

The problem is it's one big contradiction: 80% of writers disrespect/mock the fuck out of everything, then they get all butthurt when someone comes along and does the exact same thing to them.

Nothing's sacred. Get over it.

See where I'm going with this?

26, I do see where you're going, but here's my problem: Ecko isn't trying to mock graffiti culture, he's trying to buy his way into it. He's inadvertently mocking the people he's trying to emulate.

Also, some writers do it for recognition, fame, exposure, etc. Others (the remainder of that 80% you mentioned) do it for their own, personal reasons, and those are the ones who I respect the most, and associate with most. A lot of the dudes doing transit and other serious missions (if anything in graffiti could be considered sacred, its this sort of thing) fall into that latter category. And they are the ones who are going to feel increased heat because of bullshit stunts like this.

And the worst part is that Marc Ecko tried to pass it off as real. It's literally the biggest toy move that I can think of in the fucking history of graffiti.

still free is a nice little slogan.

too bad ecko is just a gimmick.

I agree. I'd have loved to use "Still Free" as something legitimate.

The problem is, Marc Ecko approaches graffiti like a toy, and has the money to blow on those stupid "toy" ideas you had when you didn't know shit from shinola about what's up. It's really too bad he doesn't pour this money into sponsoring writers, setting up legitimate events that will further the scene, make a traveling tour, with a team of great writers, to showcase the art of graff around the world, or anything else that will actually contribute to graffiti.

Instead he sinks a quarter million into a retarded publicity stunt.

I'm guessing he doesn't care one bit about graff, and is just trying to get in on something from the ground level, (to the public mainstream culture) and reap the benefits as an "originator". Then he'll be making millions more in the future, when you can go buy Belton and tips at the local mall, and every shitsplat town in the US has a little wall attached to the local prefab skatepark.

I smell ya, paloma.

I'm not saying what he's doing is right and people should just accept it and not bitch. I realize that there are a lot of heads that genuinely pour their heart (that sounds lame as fuck) into graffiti and do it for entirely personal, noble reasons; well, as noble as you can get for what the act actually entails, i guess. I also know that the increases heat is seriously lame as anarchy t-shirts for people who go out of their way to be invisible as far as painting goes. All of those reasons are legitimate as fuck, there's no way to deny it. I just can't help but point out glaring contradictions.

Mark Ecko seems like the Vanilla Ice of the graff world, but a thousand times gayer. Like if Vanilla Ice tried to hop on a track with Ras Kass after dropping that rap-rock thing he did 5 years ago. If you've already made millions off of being a successful designer that knows how to market your shit you'd think you'd give up on being 'accepted' as something you're not and thank the 'culture' for it's influence and do it the respect of leaving it the fuck alone.

Someone needs to do a fillin on the side of dude's car, house and headquarters and see how he responds. If he presses charges he should kill himself stat.

You are all fucking stupid.

You can't go around painting, scratching, and acid-etching your name into other peoples shit and get all upset when some toy ass bitch wastes a bunch of money on a video. For all the bullshit people spout about artistic expression and youth empowerment, graffiti is ultimately about fucking other peoples shit up.

This video is fucking stupid. "Cultural moment?" Bullshit. This is a promotion for his video game and an excuse for someone who has always sucked at graffiti (someone on the ounce tracked down the 2 pieces he's done. they suck exceptionally hard) to pretend that he bombs; not any sort of politcal/cultural commentary.

You are all fucking stupid.

You can't go around painting, scratching, and acid-etching your name into other peoples shit and get all upset when some toy ass bitch wastes a bunch of money on a video. For all the bullshit people spout about artistic expression and youth empowerment, graffiti is ultimately about fucking other peoples shit up.

This video is fucking stupid. "Cultural moment?" Bullshit. This is a promotion for his video game and an excuse for someone who has always sucked at graffiti (someone on the ounce tracked down the 2 pieces he's done. they suck exceptionally hard) to pretend that he bombs; not any sort of politcal/cultural commentary.

i cant figure out which way your goin with this

Basically this whole argument about "selling out the graffiti lifestyle" is stupid.

The outlaw artist image has been exploited to death, but people still go out and manage to get themselves arrested for graffiti. All this video game does is make it accessible for people who don't have the balls to go out and actually do it.

What was he trying to say with this video? "ooh, look how badass we are, we got past the secret service!" It might have been cool if he'd actually, you know, done it. As it stands it's just a total herb wet dream.

that video is dope.. i dont care if your fat glass-dick sucking mom made it. the concept is ill.

The concept is "I have no balls and a lot of money, how can I make it look like I'm the baddest motherfucker out there?"

If I was him I would have used a double to play him, so at least his handstyle was halfway decent.

Fucking moron.

I do like ABC tho, for being quick to get this out there. Abc gets props.