The Leonids

Lush

My boyfriend mentioned a few weeks ago that soon we were going to go somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of friends, to watch a meteor shower. I thought he was crazy because it is november, it is freezing, and only one of our frends has a car. I forgot all about it and then he sent me this article today http://www.msnbc.com/news/653572.asp?pne=m...=msn&cp1=1#BODY

and I think it's going to be really cool. I'd never heard of the leonids before, and I'd never seen them. Anyway it sounds interesting, and I wouldn't mind staying up all night drinking, and watching meteors.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

And beardo, you won't catch much in the big city due to massive light pollution. You really have to get way the fuck out there to lose that problem. It's why observatories are usually in remote areas. The difference in the night sky is amazing, I was in western Canada one time and there was so much more to see (even just stationary stuff) than you can get near a city or, for that matter, on the eastern seaboard, which I believe has the worst light pollution on the planet.

Yes, the light pollution is why we're going to the country. I have a cottage about an hour and a half outside the city so we were thinking of going there. There's about 5 huge fields behind it so we can take out our lawnchairs, sleeping bags, pillows, and what have you to chill and watch the show.

Archived