You know when you get into a fight and later remember things you should have said?

Soup BDC

Re: You know when you get into a fight and later remember things you should have said

would you still be a graphic designer if you didnt have adobe illustrator?

cliche as fuck

word.

looks like the billabong logo a little.

i like the top one better, the red on the second ones a bit too clutterd over the blue.

depends on the shit-wit client.

just an opinion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring your teacher an apple.

Really the only way to save this one is apologize for being "an asshole", and just try your best and hope she starts to grade your shit better.

This may very well be the best advise on this thread. Apologize for being "an asshole" and be sincere when doing it. The smoothest kids in the world are only smooth because they are real.

your work is a good start.......... i like it alot. but i believe you have potential to do doper shit, so all they're doing is pushing you. push yourself more. get away from all that cliche type shit... try to see if you can develope your own style, that would be awsome.

dee: graphicdesignerdegreeandhateitoner.

apologize to her too. you probably look like a fucking jerk and maybe she was judging you wrong. i didnt like the kids who thought they were the shit designers in school either. most of the time we'd clown them during critique. just try to keep humble okay. kiss some ass sometimes if you have to

Re: You know when you get into a fight and later remember things you should have said

My laptop's about to run out of juice.

photos2sm.jpg

AAUMastersSwimOld.gif

13.gif

Rule was 2" square, five of the same letters, specific font type, minimal number of colors.

nigga are you serious?!?

of course they wanna kick your gay ass out. your walking around thinking your work is all off the food stamp when its just like every other motherfuckers shit out there. if you wanna gloat you better be proper, other wise someone, some where is gonna get real on your ass and put you in your place. dont diss your own shit either cause then you look like a fag, which if your a design major(or in art school for that matter) theres an %97.623 you already do. find that line between humble and confidence. that bitch wouldn't have told you why your shit sucks even if you had asked cause people dont wanna go to all the explaining just to have you blow them off.

^and you know this^

Okay retard, it's time to put up your work. Better yet, because I can see you over there looking for work to say is yours, post up anything you like. Graphic design, illustration, whatever. Then if it's better than what's already been posted of mine, I'll slowly one up you because I want to spend as minimal effort shutting your dumbass up.

And go.

As for "fulfilling criteria," it not like I'm not. I've talked to students from every one of her classes, and they all like my work. None of the students in any of her classes have a feel for what "fulfilling the criteria" means, and when you ask anyone who gets an A why they think they got it, they'll say the haven't a clue.

But i'm in the process of rewriting the entire class with my student advocate, the teacher, and the director of the graphic design department... since either they rewrite it, or I'd go to the dean with a signed patition from all of her students asking for a new teacher.

It's not just me that hates this teacher, but my experience was that's the tipping point. Always remember that if you don't like a teacher, it may not just be you and if you think you're being treated unfairly, ask around before you conform to what that teacher wants.

Bring your teacher an apple.

Really the only way to save this one is apologize for being "an asshole", and just try your best and hope she starts to grade your shit better.

Seriously I once had a uni assignment I needed* a second extension on (this just isn't meant to happen). I was sitting in an outdoors area before class thinking about the best way to deal with the situation. A friend walks up with a flower in her hair, gives it to me. I walk into a lecture and give it to my lecturer (she's in her 30's and pretty goodlooking). She laughs and says "teachers pet". I say "well no, I'm just buttering you up for another extension". She says "hows a week?".

Yeah, I was quite pleased. I still see that lecturer around to. She comes off as a nice person, and there's whisps of sexual tension. Which never hurts.

As far as your problem goes. I'm sad to say that social skills often count for as much as actual skill in these kinds of situations (people are idiots). My advice is to go back to your director and ask for advice on how you can make your work better. Ask non confrontation questions and take notes. She'll like you better. Then maybe see about getting more time to get your shit redone later in the week.

Also maybe your shit is terrible? I honestly wouldn't have a clue. So some advice could be good anyway. At any rate it will give you a better understanding of what they are after. Just try not to get brainwashed into doing the shit everyone else does by the end of it.

Yeah, I was quite pleased. I still see that lecturer around to. She comes off as a nice person, and there's whisps of sexual tension. Which never hurts.

As far as your problem goes. I'm sad to say that social skills often count for as much as actual skill in these kinds of situations (people are idiots). My advice is to go back to your director and ask for advice on how you can make your work better. Ask non confrontation questions and take notes. She'll like you better. Then maybe see about getting more time to get your shit redone later in the week.

Oh it's beyond this point. I feel like noone reads my shit because I'm certain ive said it before, but whatev.

The Director's a dumbass. My teacher is too, neither of them have much tallent in them. AAU's whole deal is that they hire people from the industry when my teacher has been very proud to say things like "She's always worked freelance, [never been hired] now only teaches since she makes more money doing this than she did as a graphic designer [her clientelle must've been all broke-ass animal shelters and non profit organizations]" She's also admitted she can't draw, which right there I'm a better artist than her then.

As for the Director, she's just an angry lesbian. When i sat down to talk to her, she said I was being cocky since I was remaining cool under fire instead of busting out sobbing begging for my life and shit. I can talk to her as much as I can talk to my teacher.

Here's an example I dont know if I've typed out before or not.

We had a project that we graded in class by everyone putting their work on the wall, and the class put the best to worst left to right. I wasnt there that day, but the next day a classmate told me mine was all the way on the left as the best in the class. The teacher gave me a C on the assignment and when I asked her about it she told me it was one of the worst in the classes. I called over my classmate who told me it was one of the best, and he recalled the class to the teacher. The teacher got into it with the classmate, loud enough for the rest of the class to overhear. That's when the rest of the class started yelling at the teacher that she was wrong. Instead of admitting she was wrong, she denounced the entire class at only a volume I could hear for standing next to her, by saying "Well this is my worst class anyway."

Great thing too because the next week, a student from another one of her classes was in our class, so I asked him how our work compared to the other classes and he said it's all the same level. He was also one of the kids getting A's from her, so I asked him why, and he hadn't a clue, just that the teacher thought he talked alot at critiques even when he doesn't. The guy was just very clean cut, probably gay, and this teacher's like a grandmother type, baking cookies all day long and shit. So I could come with a crew neck sweater tied under my chin and talk with a lisp, but even then it's not a for certain A.

This whole department is horrible, and if I didn't have my GED I would transfer (AAU doesnt even care about highschool diplomas) but since I can't transfer, and I can't tone down my "cocky attitude," I'll just have to patition the entire school against the director and this teacher... because at least I'm smooth enough to do that.

har har har.

Whatever dude' date=' I don't even know why you're at that school if it's so fucked up. You sound full of teenaged angst.[/quote']

Hahah what the hell? Teenage angst? What gay conservative college are you attending?

I don't attend college, I go to university. And I'm pretty much done with that. I spend most of my time racking up cash, partying and painting.

and now onto other matters, from what I gather your teachers do sound like retards but those particular retards it seems have chosen to be cunts to you for good reason. You come off like a pretentious faggot. And it is at this point that we shall part ways. Goodbye.

dude, you seriously need to slow your roll.

why are you getting so bent out of shape about who does and doesn't listen to you on a message board? you talked to the right people and handled your situation, who gives a shit about anything else?

people are responding to your know-it-all attitude, not your work. the second you start talking about how good you are, you remove yourself from the general population and people immediately view you as such. your work is definitely passing, but again, it's nothing special, which, to be honest, it shouldn't be. the first year projects you do are not to shine, they're to weed out the people who won't even put in the base level of effort, or can't handle the confines of a teaching environment.

quit worrying so god damn much about being 'right' to everyone, be glad you were able to fix your situation and shut up already. nobody likes a whiner. (and i mean that in a very nice, brotherly, tough love kind of way).

Okay retard, it's time to put up your work. Better yet, because I can see you over there looking for work to say is yours, post up anything you like. Graphic design, illustration, whatever. Then if it's better than what's already been posted of mine, I'll slowly one up you because I want to spend as minimal effort shutting your dumbass up.

And go.

shit nigga, you wanna go one for one? photo major vs design fag? fuck it lets roll this dutchie. 2 for 2? 6 for 6? and you already got a head start! suck me like its your momas tit and stop crying bout school like you actually got problems.

daylight.jpg

ghostface2.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

for all the DC niggas here.. you know bout it..

arrest1.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

hoops.jpg

^butter^

You know, the french have a phrase for that... when you think up something later that would have been perfect to say before... I have been trying to remember it since oyu started this thread but I can't. Anyway, it basically translates to something like 'the wisdom of the backstairs'...

It's nice to see you can still whine about stuff.