NHL 2006 Playoffs

srebmun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-0 now. FUCK man I'm a huge Avs fan, since quebec so get off my case, But I live in the bay. It was so possible to see them play the sharks if both would've won. But now my Avs got swept by a team that's looking horrible going into game 3. Shit never works out the way you want unless your a Yankees fan ha! sorry just ranting and pissed cause my avs have lost Roy, Forsberg, Borque, Foote, C. Lemuix, Drury, Salanne, Kariya, and now Joe Sakic, my favorite player, and Rob Blake are up through with their current contracts. Fuck the damn year long gap, we as fans missed out on some great hockey. I do like the "new" nhl setup it's definately more of an offensive focus, which is exciting. But because of it, it will make it easier for new jacks to break records that perviously would have been next to impossible to reach, like the Great One's. Blah blah blah i know. Canes are about to win; there's about 8 mins left and it's 5-0 with a powerplay. It's over pretty much. 2-0 goin back to Edmonton. Kinda Bias with the western conference, not too partial with this year's cup, but still love an underdog so Let's go OiLeRs!

Article from Fox Sports this morning....cry baby pussy

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Edmonton Oilers forward Shawn Horcoff isn't impressed by the faceoff technique of Carolina captain Rod Brind'Amour.

In fact, he doesn't even think it's legal.

Brind'Amour has won 310 of his 514 faceoffs (60.31 percent) in the playoffs - including 28 of 34 in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. He was third in the NHL during the regular season at 59.1 percent and has finished in the top five in three of four seasons.

Horcoff who dropped 18 of 27 in the Oilers' 5-1 loss in the opener has already complained about Brind'Amour's methods and the things he is allowed to get away with.

"It's just a problem that I tried to talk to the linesman a little about," Horcoff said Wednesday before the Carolina's 5-0 win in Game 2. "It's not really anything that I really need to comment on, it's just the fact that I thought he was cheating a little bit and hopefully we'll change that."

Horcoff had enjoyed success on faceoffs before the finals, taking 55 percent against Detroit, San Jose and Anaheim.

Brind'Amour didn't buy into the claim that he gets special treatment from the officials.

"I can't even comment on that. I've never heard of that," Brind'Amour said. "I'd be surprised if there was special treatment, but I'd sign up for it."

it could be cheating or it could the the fact that brind'amour is stronger than all of canadas hockey teams combined. the guy is a hoss...end of story

Dunno, looks like the oil is back, them dudes done it before. I don't like Brind anymore anymore. I liked him before Carolina, he was the only Flyer I liked for a while, something in him has died. Or maybe it's me. . .Damn it, I think I'm ready to start watching some hockey again, go OIL. We're about to drop our reserves on you, flood the market, no water, no rain, no hurricane. RIP Wardo.

As I didn't see any of the game I don't know what the fuck you are talking about, but I'm assuming your an Edmontonian as I would be suprised that a Carolina fan would knock anyone for taking garbage goals after the amount they took last series.

what a fuckin cheap garbage goal.... i cant believe that fool would even want to take credit for that shit

a goal is a goal

smyth isn't exactly a finesse player, he just did what he does best and it paid off and they won.

the oil were down 2-0 to the sharks, came back to edmonton won in OT and then won 3 more straight.

fuck this caroline bulsh. I want torres to lay staal out.