NHL 2006 Playoffs

srebmun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. . .the orange and black" don't make me chuckle.

Agreed. i would much rather have NY take them than NJ. With goalie situation in the east...they have the a proven winner in net.

My main reason for watching Sabres games were to watch Max shoot from anywhere and everywhere, I remember acouple seasons a go, he let one rip from just inside the redline, what he was thinking, who knows. Also Miller was on my fantasy hockey team, he did real well until his injury. Afterwards he still played well, but never on the key weekends I needed him too. Im not too happy with that guy.

I can see the sabres being the lightning of last season in the playoffs.

Anyways, tonights the night.

ALso, what if the rangers/devils series goes 7 games how healthy will the winning team be going into the next round? Everyone knows these two teams LOVE to beat the shit out of eachother in playoffs....a long drawn out battle could cost either team an early exit from round 2.

This could mean an easy win for buffalo. Who knows.

There are going to be some great games though, thats for sure.

Guest nutsonmychin!

im learning about hockey.

im a big sports fan in general. my old roommate was a huge avalanche fan, so i eneded up watching hockey, and she ended up learning more about football. then i went to my first sharks game this season.

i dont really know that much at all, but, like i said...i love sports, so i am always down to learn more.

power play is when one team has one more player than the other because one of the other teams guys is in the penalty box.

hat trick is three goals by the same guy.

go me.

go me.

Yeah SSP, about time man. Unbelievable game on Friday, for those of you who missed it, 3 goals in last minute and a half, 2 by Sabres, one shorthanded, then one by the Sens, one with goalie pulled and 10.6 seconds left, then Drury 18 seconds into O.T. I'm really looking forward to tommorrow nights game, we got one, but if the first game is any indication it's going to be a wild ride. All you 12ozer's who's teams have lost, jump on the Sabres wagon, I'm looking at you TTBoy, Weapon X, etc. You can go back to hating next season:p .

Yeah SSP' date=' about time man. Unbelievable game on Friday, for those of you who missed it, 3 goals in last minute and a half, 2 by Sabres, one shorthanded, then one by the Sens, one with goalie pulled and 10.6 seconds left, then Drury 18 seconds into O.T. I'm really looking forward to tommorrow nights game, we got one, but if the first game is any indication it's going to be a wild ride. All you 12ozer's who's teams have lost, jump on the Sabres wagon, I'm looking at you TTBoy, Weapon X, etc. You can go back to hating next season:p .[/quote']

Funny that you mention that. You know just how much I hate the Sabres, but I couldn't help but have a little smile on my face when they won today in (another) awesome game. The Sens just couldn't catch a break. It's so obvious that they are winners, but even winners need some good luck.

That Carolina/NJ game was dope, too. Where's im not witty? He's gotta be celebrating.

I hear you on the winners/good luck issue, you know, if you look at it from another perspective, that Spezza breakaway was a great example of that. How white was I during that whole third period. It's no matter, but those refs called a loose game tonight, everyone was getting away with a lot of the old stuff. I would hate to be a player in the playoffs right now and not have a clue as to what was going to/not going to get called.

I am so pissed off at myself for missing the first two periods. MSG here had it on, but the digital cable guide said it was Premiership Soccer and somehow I forgot to check. I spent a good hour on the phone to Adelphia (cable provider) trying fruitlessly to get it by any other means, all the while listening to Rick and Jim call the game from the other room. That third period made it so worth the wait.

Despite my hate for all forms of, however well-meaning, unintentioned, corporate sponsorship, it's MillerTime baby.

It'd be really interesting to see a Sabres/'Canes series.

And, yeah, Oilers couldn't get anything done last night. And Pronger needs to shoot more! Their power play was a debacle!

Btw, I'm gonna give serious props to Buffalo's defensive grit.

Buffalo has been playing great defense, without a doubt...but their offense is killing it. With limited chances at the net, they have capitalized on almost every big chance they get. Thats the key.

Alfredson is playing like a pussy, even Don Cherry was giving him shit the other night...

I turned off the tv after that damn New Jersey goal with 20 seconds to go. Didnt realize what happened until I saw the score when I turned on oln for the sharks game. WTF. I hate it when I miss stuff like that. 25 years of watching hockey and I still havent learned to wait until the games over before turning it off, at least in the playoffs...

Great games on tv though!!!!

Guest spectr

isn't hockey cancelled? no seriously i thought it was still cancelled, wow missed a entire hockey season and didnt even know it was there until this thread fuck i was so happy until 2 minutes ago thanks yet again 12oz