Crossfire is dead.

Soup BDC

creating crossfire took a lot of substance out of Channel Zero. those type of "debates" that were traditionally in ch. 0 have now moved to a forum that not many people visit. if you get into that type of "debate" here you are asked to move it to crossfire.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
crossfire is where all the Boston 12ozers go to argue

tell that to the retards who keep showin up in the boston thread to argue then....

i come on 12oz to joke around and get a laugh..... its not that i cant get all intellectual and philosophical, its just not always all that entertaining to do so.... and it saddens me to see how retarded some peoples way of thinking is...

i just get a lot more out of talkin about pink dildos and peein in butts... and if you dont then chances are youll be over in crossfire where i dont have to put up with your maturity....

Seriously' date=' someone needs to go back there and start some new threads. That hardy har har faggot is starting to venture into other forums..[/quote']

I'm glad I made an impression on you. But, calling me a faggot is just wishful thinking on your part. Take that shit to paperchase.

ill explain why crossfire is and will always be boring. take 100% of the 12oz population...looks like 27,396 people from what i see here. now pull out about 4% of the people who are actually intelligent enough to read, form a coherent sentence, ect.....which leaves you with 1,095 people. now pull out 5% of that which represents the people in that 1,095 who actually give a shit about discussing politics on the internet or people who havent figured out that debating issues is a waste of time because most people over the age of 15 have firmly rooted beliefs that arent going to change...this leaves you with 54 people. now go to a message board that has 54 members and stare at my point....

ill explain why crossfire is and will always be boring. take 100% of the 12oz population...looks like 27' date='396 people from what i see here. now pull out about 4% of the people who are actually intelligent enough to read, form a coherent sentence, ect.....which leaves you with 1,095 people. now pull out 5% of that which represents the people in that 1,095 who actually give a shit about discussing politics on the internet or people who havent figured out that debating issues is a waste of time because most people over the age of 15 have firmly rooted beliefs that arent going to change...this leaves you with 54 people. now go to a message board that has 54 members and stare at my point....[/quote']

Actually, I think the less people on a message board the better. Just look at all the useless, stupid, pointless shit on Channel Zero. 54 members is more than enough for intelligent discourse.

I liked Crossfire a lot when the Katrina mess was going down. That's easily one of my best 12 oz. memories, and it left a lasting impression that there were intelligent people on the board who cared about things besides the four B's (bombing, beer, bitches, and bud).

But, lately I just see a lot of circular arguments. To wit-

"You're wrong."

"No, you're wrong."

"Well, you're an apologist."

"Oh, yeah? Well, you're a conspiracy nut."

And on and on and on, ad nauseam, blah blah blah, hail Mary, forever and ever, Amen.

I tried to stay interested, but there isn't much for me to say in an A-B conversation/argument. I'm all for constructive debate, but it doesn't exist there at this point, and sadly it may be a thing of the past.

Oh, well. I like Ch. 0 just fine. We talk about peeing in butts and forehead application here, which is a lot more entertaining and refreshing than finding out that someone you respect has some backward-ass views about the world.