High School Question.

i got caught up too much in the fun..being able to walk around the halls all day and hit on random chicks..leaving school one period to walk up to mcdonalds,smoke a couple bowls and then come right back..at one point my report card read-DDDUUUU

soo i ended up dropping out,i plan on going to community college but my best advice is to try your hardest and dont slack off.

haha this describes what i did all four years to the fullest.......props

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was pretty much the same way when i was in high school. i didn't really care and skated by with a minimal effort. i graduated with a 1.8 i think.

i did pretty well on my act's though and got into a major midwest university that a ton of more qualified people get denied from.

of course, gpa is important, but there are other aspects to your application that schools look at (act's, essays, etc).

my advice to you would be to try and bring up your gpa as much as possible in the next two years, you could probably still bring it up to close to a 3.

• 8 months later...

college is something to look forward to. i think i'm giving up. don't you hate getting boners in class. i keep getting them, maybe it shows how i view school, "fuck it". think of all the hot babes when we see them at the colleges we seen. you know!? hot babes. college man, do it up cause it's not too late.

if you're planning to go to an art school you dont need any ACTS or SATS or even good grades. alot of places dont even look at portfolios, most have an open admissions policy. i got d's throughout highschool and graduated by the skin on my teeth. but once i entered college i graduated with a 3.8 gpa because i was paying for that shit. so you better know how to write a paper. columbia, saic take anyone. academy of art do check portfolios but again take anyone. its all what you make of it. id say just focus on graduating hs on time. also have a clear plan on what you want to use your BA for. because you certainly wont be handed a job after school finishes just because you have an art degree. for where i was going a BA was the minimum i needed in order to get a visa. you may not need a BA if you can teach yourself the software required by your desired field.

I didn't do shit in high school. I skipped half my classes and made B's and C's. Trust me when i tell you the only thing that matters is your ACT SAT scores. I got a 32 and got free money out the ass. Scholarships pay big. If your not smart to begin with, then do your homework and get good grades. if your good at art, make a very very good portfolio and show it to an art college. I made a halfway decent one and got a 5 grand scholarship for it. Fuck high school.

I did shitty in high school and i regret it so much. college is so much harder, if i realized how easy high school was I would have aced that so easily. Anyway, do your best. Art schools are easy as hell to get into, so if you are sure you want to do that then don't worry about it, but if you change your mind you want ot have options, so do your best.

you could always attend a community college, get good grades there for two years, get your AA degree, and transfer. it's easier to get in to a good university through a community college than through high school since the classes are harder.

truth. this is what I'm doing right now. I'm killing this shit too, 3.8 gpa and dean's list. I think I got two semesters then I'm off to wherever.

I didn't do shit in high school. I skipped half my classes and made B's and C's. Trust me when i tell you the only thing that matters is your ACT SAT scores. I got a 32 and got free money out the ass. Scholarships pay big. If your not smart to begin with, then do your homework and get good grades. if your good at art, make a very very good portfolio and show it to an art college. I made a halfway decent one and got a 5 grand scholarship for it. Fuck high school.

This is the worst advice I have ever heard. Have you ever seen any research in to the recent move away from test scores as solely indicative of placement and monetary reward in schools? There are many schools that don't even take SAT's or ACT's anymore. AP's are the same way. My school doesn't use AP's beyond allowing certain classes to be taken first year. There is no credit given, nothing. School's have largely intense selection processes.

DO NOT JUST RELY ON SAT OR ACT'S. YOU NEED A VARYING RANGE OF ASPECTS THAT MAKE YOU APPRECIABLE TO SCHOOLS. GOOD CLASS LOADS, SOME EXTRCURRICULARS, GOOD ENTRANCE ESSAYS, A GOOD LETTER OF REC OR TWO, AND SOME GRADES.

it would help if the your grade's are good, but they don't need to be. Just don't fail shit, and your good.

I did shitty in high school and i regret it so much. college is so much harder, if i realized how easy high school was I would have aced that so easily. Anyway, do your best. Art schools are easy as hell to get into, so if you are sure you want to do that then don't worry about it, but if you change your mind you want to have options, so do your best.

Where did you end up Issac? If I may ask. Weren't you a senior(hs) last year?

And please, make a list of schools to apply to. Putting all your eggs in one basket is where people get fucked. Do early desicion for one school which is your first choice. If you get in fuckin good job. If not, you have an entire set of other schools to which you are regularly applying to. Five or so schools is a good number. Application costs do add up though.