the IRS can munch my butt

HESHIANDET

i have always done my own taxes

they are easy unless you are itemizing deductions

then they are not easy, but they aren't hardt either, just a hassle.

i will clock back over $2,300 this year from my government

and i want every fucking penny.

i'll add also that my state tax rate went down a lot, so i am actually pleasantly surprised by the enormity of my state return

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^yeah i'm pretty surprised how many people are dropping the ball on this one

knowing more than a few people who have been audited, i think blowing shit off is a total crapshoot

the day they come knocking at your door you won't ever be able to get away from them

I sat down, calmly did my taxes and now i am getting almost $800 back from the IRS in a few weeks....an amazing upset.

However, the state tax form is ridiculous...I sent them all my W-2 forms and told them in a letter to figure it out for me since they could not provide me with a form that made any sort of sense

you guys that aren't doing your taxes....why?!?!?

It's not that difficult to calculate this stuff. They don't call it form 1040 EZ (Easy) for nothing.

Seriously, i thought I was going to get dicked but I'm pulling in a fat return and you could too.

And don't think the IRS forgets that you didn't do your taxes either. You think you have to pay a lot in taxes now? Consider the interest they start tacking on for all the time you forgo paying your dues. The $100 you owe now is going to become something like $300-$400 after a few years ON TOP of the taxes you end up owing for all those subsequent years.

Don't lag, just get up and do it....

....or not

i didn't file at all for 3 years. the first year I was 1099 so i owed a couple thousand and my logic was that I would have 0 deductions for a couple years and break even. it sort of worked. I got about 3600 dollars back for the past two years, but I ended up paying about 1000 in late fees for the year i didn't file and walked with 600.

i win, i guess