***HSA CREW X TORONTO***

IROCKHOES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

We would like to introduce you all to the newest member of HSA....

Daser.

Bio:

In the late 1970ds and early 80ds I became fascinated with

watching trains and used to draw them all the time. In 1982 I saw a CBC Documentary on the South Bronx showing of course the subways. Doing my first graph piece in the spring of 83 spawned by the movie Dreams Don't Die, then Style Wars, and Beat Street, by the mid 1980ds I was completely taken over by Hip Hop.

Back then the inspiration came from taping radio mix shows, attempting graph (Spraycan Art) at the local bridges, buying records and trying to break like Rock Steady and the New York City Breakers. Living in Kingston made it very difficult, my only exposures To Hip Hop was through the media, no personal mentors or contacts.

In the mid 90ds Graph here in Canada finally broke loose and by that time I had hooked up with the TCM crew in Toronto. The last 10 or so years to follow were the most expansive and trying.

Now after more than 20 years time has manefested itself and It is a matter of heading into the future fast. With an arsonal of murals, paintings, sculptures, and photo images, for the next couple decades, I will be producing at an alarming rate so that I can inspire You!

Medium(s): Acrylics, aerosol paints, pen & ink, records...

Influences: Italian futurism Science fiction Detroit techno Hip Hop culture

Other Arts: DJ mixing

Date / Place of Birth: May 1970 Canada

Mentors: My Parents, Ren & Kid C TCM

Education: Life unfolding

Motivation: To break down barriers artistically, socially and to prove that it has not all been done !

Goals: to produce top level art respected world wide.

Practicing Since: 1983