Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seeking

how can black comedians be so funny, yet black comedy movies be so bad?

cause i'm serectly dating Nicloas Cage.

i saw the weather man.

it was strange.

kinda got a creepy vibe from Camel toe with a bow and arrow.

chris rock is hillarious. dave chappelle is hillarious. martin' date=' all those kings of comedy dudes. there are a shit load of intelligent, funny black comedians. why the hell arent they making movies? why are we getting bullshit like 'booty call' and 'white chicks'?!.[/quote']

Dude, have you seen Dave Chappelle's Block Party (btw, my friend was in that movie, he was a lil bit outta focus when Dave Chappelle was playing basketball) that movie blew chunks yo. It was basically a movie about music, but all of Dave's uncensored jokes were like korny to da max.

But its true, I never noticed that movies starring black people jus ain't funny. Only one that comes to mind is Medea's Family Reunion (seriously, some of that shit had my diein laughin in da theaters, even though the whole love story was cheesy as fuck), and thats only cuz it was an intelligent comedy, it wasn't about like ganstas and the likes.

you're right. i'd like to make a general exemption for many wayans family movies. damon wayans has made some awesome movies.

menace and blankman being notable winners.

That's a really good question, but I think Scary Movies are great. I think they're the best slapstick movies made since...idunno, Naked Gun movies, maybe?

for some reason, that doesnt surprise me.

i believe you also wear button up shirts with cartoon characters printed across the entire thing.

things like that need to be taken into consideration when weighing your opinion.

nobody mentioned CB4? c'monnnnnnnn. oh, and nicholas cage, is really, really awful. lets just say his best movie was Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and he ain't even listed in the credits.

all of them suck. you're high. that is the lowest common demoninator of humor. it's like an hour and a half of fart jokes, but less funny even.

cb4 was awesome. written by chris rock. who is funny as shit, and also had just as large of a white following as he did black.

oh' date=' and nicholas cage, is really, really awful. lets just say his best movie was Fast Times at Ridgemont High, and he ain't even listed in the credits.[/b']

double true!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now