double bass; anything less is faggot pussy shit for queers and girls!

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest serpent of the light

the locust is good???

they're funny, but i dono about good, in the vain of anal cunt...

yeah, double bass kills with power. deicide all the way

on another bass subject, anyone else heard manowar play 'flight of the bumblebee' on a 12 string bass???????? i shat my pants upon hearing this, it was incredible.

xxx303

Originally posted by *ZEMONEDOE$

mosdef got some new shit with his new band.

he plays bass with another guy on a new cut,its slamin.

the keyboardist from parlament

the guitar players from bad brains(so ill)

the bassist from living color

and drumer fromsomeone good that i cant rember.

go cop dat shit sucka

what the name of the band? anyway, i dont like rock music but i know that double bass shit is kinda tight.

Marvin Smitty Smith

I have been playing drums for almost 10 years, I don't use double bass.

In my opinion there are few drummers out there that use double bass tastefully.

While we are on the topic of drummers,...

list you top 5 favorite drummers.

Not including Buddy Rich, Max Roach, or any of those jazz drummers that EVERYONE lists.

My favorite drummers are constantly changing..so here are some off the top of my noggin:

1.Damon Che - Don Cabellero

2.Dave Witte - Burnt by the sun

3.Chris Pennie - Dillenger Escape Plan

4.Dave Wagenshutz - Good Riddance/Kid Dynamite

5.Tim Latona - Botch

im not talking about using double bass tastefully, im talking abotu using it to fucking pummle the opposition. danny carey from tool uses it 'tastefully' but the guy from pantera uses it to kick your fucking ass. kittie, while they might suck, use the double bass as a dick to fuck you in your soft, brown little asshole.... thats what seperates the boys from the men... it might not take much skill to rock hard, but this thread isnt about skill, its about speed, power and destruction.

Originally posted by ohnoone

i know shit all about drums, except that the drummer from dillinger escape plan will rip it till all you pussies are fuckin dead as dirt.

Oh fuck, Dillinger... how could I forget them!

When I was Mr. Fucking-look-at-me-because-i'm-in-a-band we played with Dillinger and Drowningman and watching their drummer was seriously drop-jaw amazing. That dude's a machine. That whole band kills everything it touches.

And Botch destroys you too. Get at me with all that tech shit, I'm all about it.

Variations on a Cocktail Dress.

double bass is for pussy drummers.. ive been playin drums for almost 6 years now..i played a double bass for about a year, and man was it dumb.. yeah you can do fast sixteenth notes and stuff.. but that gets boring, repetative and takes no talent or coordination..yes, sometimes it can sound okay, but sometimes doods will go way to far with it.. like vinnie paul of pantera.. the dude goes crazy on the double bass and it sounds reallly bad.... but whatever...

Originally posted by Umpa Loompa

double bass is for pussy drummers.. sometimes doods will go way to far with it.. like vinnie paul of pantera.. the dude goes crazy on the double bass and it sounds reallly bad....

awww, whats the matter? is some one a pole smoker? hey pillow biter, is the double bass too much for you to deal with? did you get picked on by the fury of a death metal assault when you were just a wee little tot? TOO FUCKING BAD QUEER BATE! double bass is where its at, and you, you writhing little pussy fart, you are not where its at! bow down to the awesome force of a double bass cyclone and ask for its fucking forgiveness before it bashes your god damn skull into tiny fragments, you fucking SISSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

seeking/dave lombadro with a modem

if we are going to talk about crazy fast double bass...my favorite, your favorite, CANNIBAL MOTHER FUCKING CORPSE!!

Granted Dillinger and Burnt By The Sun get honorable mentions too.

ZENYTH, your not aloowed to comment because everytime I watch you play drums your counting and I always end up counting along with you...just joshin ya

Guest serpent of the light

how come everyone's tiny concept of metal always ends up around pantera and sepultura? it seems those who diss metal have no idea about its extent in the world. fuck em

secondly, pantera sucks, dont use them as an argument against double bass. get some cannbibal corpse and deicide and tell me that has "little to no talent' those guys can play circles around your w/ their arms cut off. all you bashers shut the hell up

xxx303

ps poison the well is emocore, NOT hardcore, extremely different scenes.

Seeking should learn to play drums already..

Anyone Joe Schmoe can learn double bass and hit a fucking china cymbal.

Here are some other drummers that I love watching/listening to..that use double bass tastefully or in a full throttle-blow your ass off-type of way.

The guy from Assuck...

The guy from At The Gates...

Darren Zentek from Kerosene 454

Dennis from Earth Crisis <----bad band (the old stuff was tolerable), amazing drummer

George from Hot Water Music <--The fuel for the hate game LP has lots of awesome double bass parts

Derek Grant - Alkaline Trio/Gyga/Thoughts of Ionesco/Suicide Machines

And as much as it hurts to saw it,....fat black dude from the Dave Matthews band is pretty rad

Archived