Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A year or so I was turned onto the music of this guy Adam Green, a young dude, early, maybe now mid-twenties, who at first may sound like a 48 year old retiree in Florida sipping margaritas. A member of his own band right now under his name, and an ex-member of the

musical duo band, The Moldy Peaches, which was semi-succesful and started in the shadow of The Strokes

1055936109a.jpg

adamgreen.jpg

If I had to classify his music into some sort of category (I'm not lifting any sentences from reviews of this guy) it would be kind of hard, because it's a real good mix. Imagine a Johnny Cash from the north without an accent, singing guitar, and old school folkish songs about shocking subjects, or anything at all.

A lot of his lyrics are comprised of normal topics, mixed with whatver is coming from this guys mind, for instance a couple lines are.

"Marriachi clothes look good on everyone, Klu Klux Klans men dance around the mountain."

"Carolina, she's from Texas, red bricks drop from her vagina, her lips taste just like sunk ships, but her breasts taste just like breakfast, there's her hand now, on the cock sock, filled with white tears, from the thrift store."

"And it don't mean I don't love you, when I put a gun to your face, it just means I wanna get rough with you..."

"There's no wrong way to fuck a girl with no legs."

and on the other side he has more casual lyrics about odd topics such as Jessica Simpson, or Dancing with women across america in the song Emily.

I'd suggest to anyone who likes slightly demented simple music to at least check out a few of this guys songs, here are a couple links and I hope those of you who are interested enjoy.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=34893722

Check out some songs on myspace.

Enjoy his music players.

-Kniggazindemstreetz.

"Marriachi clothes look good on everyone, Klu Klux Klans men dance around the mountain."

"Carolina, she's from Texas, red bricks drop from her vagina, her lips taste just like sunk ships, but her breasts taste just like breakfast, there's her hand now, on the cock sock, filled with white tears, from the thrift store."

"And it don't mean I don't love you, when I put a gun to your face, it just means I wanna get rough with you..."

"There's no wrong way to fuck a girl with no legs."

I honestly can't even picture someone sayin this shit with a straight face

his abstract lyrics ends up sounding waycorny.

yup yup.

Have to revive this thread.

Has anyone heard his new album, Jacket Full of Danger, a lot of ace tracks on it. 12oz would probably most appreciate "White Women".

"You know I want to bone you,

I want to make a hole in you,

I'm gonna get fat,

You know I get a hat for you too,

fuck fuck me baby,

now where have you gone,

I'm a little bit older,

I know what I want.

i read a little of the first post, but not really

i just felt like a pointless post

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now