Don't you ever get sick of graffiti ????

raildeviant

Of course we all love what we do in some form or other...but seriously, don't you guys get sick of all this shit ? All the crap we have to put up with, all the drama that everyone bitches about, all the times that could have been spent in the bar instead of the yard (this does not apply to Xide, who brings his OWN bar with him when he hits the yard!!).

I'm just really tired of all the crap I hear out of people's mouths about graffiti....can't everyone just shut the fuck up and enjoy it ? Seriously, I cannot for the life of me understand why so many writers take themselves and what they do so seriously....get over it....its just not nearly as important as many of you have made it out to be. Sure its important on a personal level, but beyond that, in the grand scheme of things, it hardly means shit. If everyone was doing it for themselves like they claim, then all this talking and bullshit wouldn't even exist, but clearly that's not the case.....

so, are you sick of it yet ? Or are you just sick of me rambling like a retard sitting in front of his computer waiting to go to work for another days pay ? Yeah, I thought so too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by raildeviant

I'm just really tired of all the crap I hear out of people's mouths about graffiti....can't everyone just shut the fuck up and enjoy it ?

honestly, i dont think people can shut up... so instead i just dont listen. surround yourself with better people and you'll hear more positive stuff. graffiti isnt anything in my life, but its everything... ya know?

it shits me.

i am totally down with what you're saying here. all the graf kids i know here in atlanta, with very few exceptions, are cool as fuck, and it was hanging out with them that first got me interested in getting up. but what i think is the major difference is the fact that we are all a bit older and have long since realized that competition is no longer an issue. it's not about beef with other writers and name dropping and calling the new guy a 'toy'. it's about getting out in the city or the yard with your boys and doing your thing and having fun while you do it. i have a strong suspicion that the majority of kids who post here are something-teen whiners, living at home with mom and dad. "hope my mom doesn't find my black book" type bullshit coming from kids who are at an age when high school cliques are the most important things in a person's life. reading some of these posts, seeing a newbie get blasted for wanting to learn something new about his interest is almost enough to put me off of graf forever. thank god i have down to earth friends in the game to keep it real. it's not like any of us are curing cancer here. when it comes down to it, we write our names on a fucking wall without the owner's permission. so to a lot of people here, get off your high horses (you're not ANY fucking cooler than me because you have posted 1,500 times), shut the fuck up with the trash talk, and go out there and paint. remember why you do this shit in the first place.

Re: Re: Don't you ever get sick of graffiti ????

Originally posted by seeking innocence

honestly, i dont think people can shut up... so instead i just dont listen. surround yourself with better people and you'll hear more positive stuff. graffiti isnt anything in my life, but its everything... ya know?

yes'sir,im with brother seeking, in so many ways grafitti is who i am,and all at the same time grafitti is the farthest thing from me.positive people are important to surround yourself with in all aspects of your life,i personally dont know/hang out with many grafitti writters,mostly the few people i learned with(like seeking)and a couple people ive met along the way,but for the most part i avoid other writters in general,specifally because of the drama it carries(even on 12oz i mostly avoid grafitti topics and only talk bikes and music,see bicycletas).grafitti defines so much of how i look at the world and the people i know or meet.sometimes this is a great asset and at others its a great burdon.grafitti makes me cautious of all people i meet,and how close to them i can become,grafitti gives us all the oppurtunity to live a very strange double life.some people,the writters i do associate with and my closest most trusted friends know what i do and who i am.but for the other 80% of the people i know, the secret is locked up never to be told.that at times is a stress i wish i didnt live with.that along with the other dangers of grafitti,cops,near death occurances,money,dangerous people/heroes in the night,etc.but then grafitti gives us the oppurtunity to see and experience things normal people dont ever get to see,like xiderock mentioned,laying down in the yard starring at the full moon,or the quiet that consumes a city at 3 or 4 am,your heart raccing because of a close call with the law as your hidding,letting you know what it means to be alive,to really live.most people dont really live,but part of grafitti is getting out there and really experiencing life first hand.i woulndt trade that for anything,the experiences that ive been a part of i will never get sick of.

holy shit,did i just write all that,coffee,blame it on the coffee.

if sick of graffiti uining my life, yet i love it to death...

i hate how i draw so fucking much in class when i need to be paying attention. it seems i do my best work when im angry or suppost to be doing something else. it bothers me that i draw in class though cuz i know im messing with my future.

the thing i like most about graffiti is the originality of it, the whole aspect of creating it, and most of all, not everyone can do it. sure people can do art in other aspects....but most cant do the best, which is graffiti.

ibteaser<~

My take is this...alot of people wil come and go out of graff..so I don't pay too much attention to them.There impact on me is very little.Ihave my crew...some of still paint, some moved on to other things.The rest of the graff world can eat a dick, really.I am an old man now..I got fucked with the other night by johnnie law..and he is all you are how old?..and doing this shit....blah, blah...and for a while I was like, no shit..grow up..but then after the unpleasant memory faded, I felt like a writer again.I am pretty open with it..to most people and I enjoy letting them in on it...helping them understand what it is we do, why , and what it means, to us and them. I also think hope for the day it goes back to the

hands of the few. After this long, I can sit by and watch, and take part in all of the BS..knowing that where I stand with it, can not be changed.

I will be old and gray catching scribes in payphones.beleive that.

left hand side.

Love to hate it.

Guest --zeSto--

to paraphrase CLOWN TITS...

"the best thing I ever did was stop being a 'writer' and just be a guy who paints on walls."

that's my mantra too.

Originally posted by --zeSto--

to paraphrase CLOWN TITS...

"the best thing I ever did was stop being a 'writer' and just be a guy who paints on walls."

that's my mantra too.

one of the best quotes i've heard in some time.

I'm lucky enough to have met a lot of super cool cats throughout my time in this graffiti game. I'm also surrounded by a crew of very skilled and very positive writers, more than that, friends.....

I just don't understand why some writers make a big fucking deal about what they do, who they are and where they are going with it...I just wanna grab their skull and shake the shit out of it and tell them to get over it....we haven't started a revolution, haven't saved the world from the forthcoming extermination of it all.....haven't even helped an old lady cross the street. It's incredible how seriously people take themselves....life is far to short to live like that.

No doubt most of the kids I'm talking about are just that, kids. They have so much to learn about life, and about how fitting in isn't the end all of existence. Yet I listen to a lot of older guys who still bitch and try to act hardcore as if they were 15 years old....its really quite pathetic.

That CLOWN quote was on point....I wish more people would take his words to heart. I feel much the same way as he does, and I love it when the kids tell me I'm not a writer because I don't bomb like they do, don't scribble where they do.....because I have never EVER wanted to be a writer....i just wanna paint with the crew and friends and enjoy this while its still around. nuff said.

I get sick

I get sick of graffiti, especially when dudes are just pissing me off, the only thing graffiti has made hard in my life, is I got caught once, and it says im an active gang member on my record even though im not.FUCk i also get sick of writing when!! Im sick from the paint coughing it up and shit i got to get a mask

may be depressing but he's right. when i was 'coming up' [i still am in many ways] i was way too serious about this shit. i used to throw things when i wouldnt get it right and i used to bitch constantly when i couldnt go paint. yeah sure you take graff away from me all i am is a professional loser..but damit..graff's all i've got to stand out from the rest of society. i constantly check myself..make sure i'm not going at things too seriously. i think there's a point of fun and a point of addiction. question then is...where are you?

Lately i have just lost all motivation to go out painting or skating or anything. I think about why i waste my money on paint (i dont rack, cos i got caught for it) for such fleeting happiness. My blackbook is gathering dust, my close friends are all getting caught, I hate all the shit that goes with writing, egos etc....its all bullshit

Guest ctrl+alt+del

yeah, i do. i am right now. i dont have that many people to paint with so when me and my "friends" plan to go out the night before and i call them the next morning and they say dont feel like it , it really pisses me off and makes me want to quit graff alltogether and get rid of all my friends and only talk to girls. but of course that doesnt work because girls are even more treacherous.:confused:

I've seen some valid point discussed here. However as I grow older in this Graff Game I think that as long as you keep an even balance with all the other shit in your life and tune out the haters and negitivity you'll be aiight and not get burned out. What it cums down to is everything in moderation or at least for me.

I myself would rather skip the corny bar scene and listen to spoken word, mc's, jazz ect.

Peace love and Deodorant;)

think about this.........every time you get tired or bored of the grafflife scene do this............go take a walk or a drive by yourself to somepleace you have never been..think about the first time you saw any element of graff.....remember?....look around.......see if you see any graff at all....if you do then go and look at it and think about where it came from and why is it there.......if you don't see any then drop a quick tag/etch/throwie/hollow/pickupaturdandsmearyername...etc.......just do anything...........................................................................................the point is this......graff is dependent upon every writer everywhere at every level........everytime an established writer calls it quits, we need fifty toys to take their place with the hope that one out those will push the graff boundaries even further........graff is a pool that is constantly evaporating......it is our duty to make sure the well never dries up....every little molecule we put into that pool contributes....sometimes people drop truckloads at one time....sometimes a glass a month.....sometimes spit and piss.........but everything counts..... i understand that the game has low points that make it real hard to see the good.....but persevere raildeviant and come out with the firehose......:idea: :idea:

Archived