yeah yeah yeahs (I really love X-Treme Moto-X)

seeking

firstly, i hate not having a 'subtitle' line to write in. that shit was awesome.

ok, so, does anyone have the new yeah yeah yeahs record? is it total garbage? i heard their new song (gold lion) and for whatever reason, shit is awesome to me. i downloaded a bunch of their old shit, but its fucking garbage. i hate it. if anyone likes them and is willing to admit to that publicly, and let me know what the new record is like, i'd appreciate it.

alternately, if you have a link to a torrent for it, that would be bring you mucho propos.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: yeah yeah yeahs

from what i gather it's rather different to the last album, and i hate when bands change their sound. thankfully i'm the type of person that can listen to an old record alot and not get bored (i'm still rocking yo bum rush the show nearly 20 years after the fact)

its a lot more mellow...more 'grown up' maybe. theres quite a few bands ive been hearing lately that sound similar to this that i've been into. kind of arcade fire-ish, but i hate them cause they just bite the talking heads, but its a similar sort of feel. i think im becoming an adult. it's weird.

Yeah, their sound is completely different.

See, when I first heard them I thought Karen O was way annoying. My bf would blast it and I would get headaches.

But then I started liking it..gets me all rowdy. That factor is null in their new cd.

Plus, Karen O is hot...in a crazy kind of way. Hard to find good pics of her b/c of this.

Photo_FeverTo2_300RGB.jpg

i think im becoming an adult. it's weird.

i've commented before on how my music tastes are getting wussier the older i get. it happens to everybody.

let's face it, if you reach 40 and are still listening to hobbit metal, then you're a sad individual

fuck that. she's exactly like a million other trashy alcoholic bar sluts all over the world. she's the type of girl that would think having some gnarly ass stubbly nana was hot and the dude should just lap it up for hours. naw'brah, it aint that kinda party. wash yo' butt.

yeah, but i still love the descendents and the misfits. i think there are some things that are just so ingrained (like the first four PE records) that they never stop being relelvent to you. there is a lot of shit though, that i'm just like...ehhhh, maybe not so much anymore.

yeah' date=' but i still love the descendents and the misfits. i think there are some things that are just so ingrained (like the first four PE records) that they never stop being relelvent to you. there is a lot of shit though, that i'm just like...ehhhh, maybe not so much anymore.[/quote']

a classic album, no matter the genre, will be live forever. but that obscure noise that only you thought was cool when you were 15? already forgotten

not directed at you personally, but moreso 15 year olds in general. i know i listened to some absolute rubbish at 15 that i swore up and down was the greatest shit ever at the time, but now i look back and realise i (and the music) were completely retarded

I still don't know what to make of the new album

I like the beginning half of it. Phenomena is ace.

Some songs sound too country, too tegan and sara, too slow

I guess as they get older they can no longer sound as wild as they used to.

blah

David Chase(drummer) is in another band called The Seconds, I like them.

and Nick Zinner has been working with Tigs...which If the yeah yeah yeahs were going to stick with slow tunes, I'd prefer hearing Tigs rather than Karen.

Tigs site

not directed at you personally' date=' but moreso 15 year olds in general. i know i listened to some absolute rubbish at 15 that i swore up and down was the greatest shit ever at the time, but now i look back and realise i (and the music) were completely retarded[/quote']

you think you can get away with this that easy, i want band names