12oz Colors: Grey/Grey Vs. Black/White

Tyler Durden

What do you think of the new color scheme?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

raven' date=' i know this is your board and shit, but i dont understand when the majority of people agree that there are many things wrong with the color scheme why cant changes be made? if you dont want grey anymore fine, but at least do something about the boldness, this website was like looking into the sun last night when i was drunkj[/b']

because for starters there arent enough hours in the day to do everything we'd like. secondly, everyone hates everything each time we make changes. last time we had a major change, there we're just as many threads hating on what we'd done. a year from now when there's another huge change, everyone will complain about how they liked the 'old' board better. it never changes...

personally, i was just sick of grey. seems like all graffiti sites are either black or grey and feature graphics with all kinds of drops and tags, or pictures of trains or tunnels. we've been doing that sort of look for over a decade, and its just tired. i figured i'd do something different this time around, and punk came to mind since before hip hop was anything, punk was part of the scene. i think there's a lot of parallels between the two when you look at it from a late 70's / early 80's NYC perspective. i'm sure there's tons of people that feel this new look isnt hip hop enough or appropriate for a graff site, but fuck it, i thought it was pretty funny and if nothing else is original. plus the fact that so many people either really like it, or really hate means more then everyone sitting on the fence thinking its just ok.

anyhow, with time people will adjust and i'll bet that most will like it better in the end. if not, you can just wait until the next update.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an extension for Firefox called Greasemonkey that you can use to modify the way websites are displayed on your browser. You can write custom scripts for it.

I found a Page Recolorizer script but it's way too simple, I need something a little more robust... I might end up writing one myself but I gotta learn how to do it first.

There's an extension for Firefox called Greasemonkey that you can use to modify the way websites are displayed on your browser. You can write custom scripts for it.

I found a Page Recolorizer script but it's way too simple, I need something a little more robust... I might end up writing one myself but I gotta learn how to do it first.

Props.

because for starters there arent enough hours in the day to do everything we'd like. secondly, everyone hates everything each time we make changes. last time we had a major change, there we're just as many threads hating on what we'd done. a year from now when there's another huge change, everyone will complain about how they liked the 'old' board better. it never changes...

personally, i was just sick of grey. seems like all graffiti sites are either black or grey and feature graphics with all kinds of drops and tags, or pictures of trains or tunnels. we've been doing that sort of look for over a decade, and its just tired. i figured i'd do something different this time around, and punk came to mind since before hip hop was anything, punk was part of the scene. i think there's a lot of parallels between the two when you look at it from a late 70's / early 80's NYC perspective. i'm sure there's tons of people that feel this new look isnt hip hop enough or appropriate for a graff site, but fuck it, i thought it was pretty funny and if nothing else is original. plus the fact that so many people either really like it, or really hate means more then everyone sitting on the fence thinking its just ok.

anyhow, with time people will adjust and i'll bet that most will like it better in the end. if not, you can just wait until the next update.

i dont think people care about cetrain colors being graffiti related? it just hurts my eyes.

I like the new design of the site itself, but for forums (which require extensive reading) a nicer subtle grey would be better for the background of text bodies. The small font, mixed with a high contrast black/white text makes it a bit of a strain on the eyes after a while.

I give up trying to read anything after Ravens response.

But I will say this. I don't remember any real complaints last time 12oz was changed, but it seems to be the common concensus that this new setup fucking blows.

My eyes are giving me a fucking migrane and I don't even get migrains!

Can't post pics without them being links??? what the fuck???

Are people really complaining that the color white is "too bright"? You guys would be driven absolutely crazy if you lived where I live: white walls, white paper, white light bulbs, white skin, and sometimes white snow...its TOO BRIGHT, MY EYES ARE ABOUT TO EXPLODE ALL OVER MY MONITOR!