>>> - SYDNEY - NSW - AUSTRALIA - <<<

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
thats rubbish. if you guys think thats any good then your opinions are worthless.

no wonder sydney graff is turning to shit. you guys have no standards....

Of course they have standards, when it comes to peoples opinions on style---much like "art" the subject matter becomes "subjective" (relating experience or knowledge as conditioned by personal mental characteristics or states).

I'd like to hear your list of standards....

and by the way i dont particularly like that piece either, although i've seen a couple by him that i did like.

Of course they have standards, when it comes to peoples opinions on style---much like "art" the subject matter becomes "subjective" (relating experience or knowledge as conditioned by personal mental characteristics or states).

I'd like to hear your list of standards....

and by the way i dont particularly like that piece either, although i've seen a couple by him that i did like.

OK.

Letters. its about lettering. make them look good.

you should be able to remove any single letter from the piece and it should stand alone....

Colours. there is infinate colour range available, budget or no-budget.

if you cant do letters at least you can distract the viewer with a

12 colour fade, 4 colour 3d, and 32 bubble colours.

Location. if you have time to put in some effort, you should....

and

personal mental characteristics or states come into play when considering Letters, Colours and Location.

yeah?

just cause you like Bannana paddle pops doesn't mean i have to get 1 too. knowhaimsayin?

i generally agree with what you're saying and that yes graffiti in Sydney isn't what it used to be, doesn't mean we all have to hate on someone thats doing something different...

OK.

Letters. its about lettering. make them look good.

you should be able to remove any single letter from the piece and it should stand alone....

Colours. there is infinate colour range available, budget or no-budget.

if you cant do letters at least you can distract the viewer with a

12 colour fade, 4 colour 3d, and 32 bubble colours.

Location. if you have time to put in some effort, you should....

thats rubbish. if you guys think thats any good then your opinions are worthless.

no wonder sydney graff is turning to shit. you guys have no standards....

mate i couldn't give a toss what you or pretty much anyone else in sydney thinks of my opinion....sounds like you got a right chip on ya shoulder though.

soon enough commuters have to start realise that graffit on their railway system is a minor problem when compared to other issues

form news.com.au

===========================================================================

SYDNEY'S train system boasted performance levels hopelessly below every major city from Europe to South America, according to a damning independent report yet to be presented by CityRail.

Rail experts from Hong Kong were paid by CityRail to compare Sydney with metro systems around the world for efficiency, cost effectiveness, reliability and maintenance.

They found that Sydney lagged behind every city on every key indicator - even compared with the rail systems of Santiago in Chile, Bangkok and Moscow.

The results were so embarrassing that, despite having received the report midway through last year, CityRail chief executive Vince Graham still hadn't presented the findings to the RailCorp board or Transport Minister John Watkins.

NSW Premier Morris Iemma today said the report had made unfair comparisons.

"To compare the Sydney network, with some 2000 kilometres of track, with the Moscow track which has some 200 is not a valid comparison, nor is the comparison with Hong Kong at 56 stations and the CityRail network with more than 300," he said.

"However, the Government has heard the message loud and clear that the people do want their services improved and expanded and rail is the Government's number one priority."

The findings included:

CITYRAIL trains travelled on average just 32km before getting delayed more than five minutes, whereas trains in Hong Kong travelled 396km before being delayed;

CITYRAIL'S operating costs were a whopping $6.70 per passenger, compared with 98c in Europe and 69c in Asia;

THE cost of running a Sydney train station was four times the international average; and

CITYRAIL drivers were behind the controls for less than three hours of any seven-hour shift compared with nearly five in Hong Kong.

Surfacing just a week after the network meltdown that trapped 4000 commuters and stranded 40,000 more, the confidential report by Hong Kong's Mass Transit Railway Corporation vindicated the public perception that Sydney's system was woefully inadequate.

"CityRail shows high overall cost as well as high station staff cost compared to MTR and other railways, coupled with relatively low efficiency," the authors noted.

"Reliability levels are well below MTR and international benchmarks."

Last night Mr Graham said the spread of Sydney's network made comparisons with more compact metros fraught.

"This increases the operating costs of the RailCorp network when compared to other rail systems," he said.

"As an example, the London Underground has almost four times the patronage of the RailCorp system (1 billion compared with 275 million), with less than half the network size."

RailCorp executives were well aware of London's peculiarities.

Sources at RailCorp said Station Operations Manager Tony Eid returned this week from a month-long trip to study the London Underground.

Last year 17 RailCorp executives flew to mainly European destinations for conferences at a cost to the taxpayer of $250,000.

Despite the insistence of Mr Graham, Mr Watkins and Premier Morris Iemma that CityRail's service was improving, commuters are still waiting too long - particularly in the afternoon peak period.

Transport Minister John Watkins said last night he had not been shown the report.

"This report by an overseas operator is clearly flawed and that is why it has not been presented to the Government," he said.

Rail unions last night said they expected RailCorp to use the findings to justify slashing up to 1000 more station staff after Saturday's election.

============================================================

cityrail wankers