>>> - SYDNEY - NSW - AUSTRALIA - <<<

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Okay, a flashback to the early 90s. Who remembers THK? Those guys wrecked it properly from about 1991 to 1993 until they became engrossed in the rave scene and later on by heroin, which kind of ended their run.

THK was WISH, ARTS, RASKEL, WAKE, TOWEL-2WEL, BASS, JIGELO and others I forget now (some of those tags being aliases). Towel / 2wel destroyed it, as did Jigelo.

THK stood for Trip Happy Kids, Take Happy Kapsules, The Heroin Kids and some other stuff I can't remember now.

I think "Paul HOLD-UP" was one of their main members with a new tag for THK (not sure which one), but I might be mistaken?

They didn't rock many pieces but made up for it in damage. For a while there you couldn't go anywhere in the inner Sydney without seeing their shit.

I have a bunch of photos of their damage which I'll find and scan.

Just a random post about a crew that got up hard that no-one talks about these days....

Bit past my time, that sevn up the page was more me.

Some of you may remember a few years back me talking about a pretty comprehensive photo album from the 80s that "ended up" in some one else's possession that I was trying to track down. Well, I tracked the bloke down who had it, he's still in Sydney and we're going to catch up next time I'm up that way. Fingers crossed that he still has it. If he does I'll be scanning that kit up. Had heaps of old tdf, rcf, fab4, Tudor, MTV, MRE, prins, etc. (think i had some stuff from san fran in there as well) from that time. Can't be too sure he still has it, this was all 25 years back, fingers crossed though.

I've got my fingers crossed too. If you can track down that album and share those flicks you'll be doing Sydney graff heads a massive favour. There are so many albums of '80s graffiti sitting in people's parents

garages and cupboards that will probably rot before they can be shared...

I found some of the THK flicks. The lower case thk was their trademark, I actually can't remember seeing it in upper case, smart considering lower case Ts and Hs allow for more funk (IMO).

No scanner unfortunately, so these are crappy photos of photos. Best I could do.

10216777794_7bfefdb678_b.jpg

THK - Jigelo / Wish / Wake / Repel / Toowell - Balmain, Sydney - Early 1990s by Eddie Haskel's Sydney Graffiti Flicks II, on Flickr

10216817434_12cef88a3f_b.jpg

THK crew - Balmain, Sydney - Early 1990s by Eddie Haskel's Sydney Graffiti Flicks II, on Flickr

10216923715_85fd17e545_b.jpg

THK Toowell / Wish / Ica / Arts / Wake / Repel - Balmain - Early 1990s by Eddie Haskel's Sydney Graffiti Flicks II, on Flickr

Nice Eddie! I remember THK well, bombed lots around Balmain, North Syd, and bit in the eastside, i took a flick 6mnths ago of a towel that is still up- kinda showes how much they used to get up.

Talking early 90s random stuff- has anyone got any DAK crews (doing another crime) photos from northside- i liked their stuff....

^^ Nice Posts guys, keep them coming. Love seeing the old bombing crews that have been forgotten over the years. Alot of history was lost because no body wanted to waste their photos on bombing pics, but they are what im probably most interested in.

Here is a random mix from around the traps.. Click on them to make them bigger.

1035.png

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg