>>> - SYDNEY - NSW - AUSTRALIA - <<<

like what?

its gotta be the most racked book in history, i remember a time in sydney where not one local library still had its copy. ordered my copy from dymocks on george st, took a month to get it in. since then ive aquired a bunch of different copies all with some sweet sydney oldschool tags through them...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Is it just me or is this older stuff a thousand times better to look at than most of the current shit getting put out these days, given all the luxuries we got now with paint/colour/cap choices how did we end up going backwards?

one of the more intelligent comments on this thread airassualt

100% agree. example.

siks burner, basic colours superior dope styles, flawless, timeless, minimal

random 2011 piece, billion colours, wack style, etc.. pass the spew bag..

5552741659_3532b2d2ac.jpg

5552760063_e9bdc58a61.jpg

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF PICS OLD SCHOOL WRITERS HAVE TAKEN SCANNED AND SHARED, IM CONSTANTLY TRYING TO PASS ON KNOWLEDGE TO THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED. YOULL FIND OUT MUCH MORE FROM AN OLDER WRITER THAN YOU CAN OFF THE INTERNET.

PS THIS WEEK IVE SEEN A "BLAZE" "RIME" "KADE" "KEYS" "SCUM" "DEAL" "RACK" "NEON" "RISK" AND ABOUT FOUR DIFFERENT "JOKER" TAGS ALL ORIGINAL, KILLS ME HOW KIDS PICK A WORD THESE DAYS. JUST OUT OF THE BLUE LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER WRITEN OR THOUGHT OF THAT WORD BEFORE???? ANYONE ELSE WANT TO ADD?

maybe we should have a poll, "the most overused tags in sydney"

my top picks..."crime" and "joker"

another bitch is the choice of tag for todays writer.

fucken choose a tag with style. too many random bullshit no meaning tags today that just add to toyness. how can i take someone called "sofles", "wafles" or "water" seriously?? WTF??

I think one of reason sydneys behind the rest of australia is the constant buff. Take a ride down a melbourne Train line and theres history before your eyes dating back 10,15,20 years. Sydneys consistent buff is a downer..who can be arsed doing a trackside when you know its gunna be gone in under a week,when you can sit back rock a legal and at the end of the day still end up with the same result/ flick for the album. ps seen Bloe Sunk and tame up this week in my travels kinda sad in a way no cunts there to set people like this straight...

fuk off cunt, you so called "old school" writers dont give any time or help to school the new cunts coming into the culture, what you guys have should have done is path a way for the up n commers in your period instead of being the selfish fuks you are, and now you have the right to say shit like SYDNEY'S SCENE IS SO SHIT, well guess what, part of it is your fault and yes part of it are the amounts of faggots who suddenly think graffiti is such a cool thing. Stop thinking you guys are the og of everything, as much respect if give you guys i also have a limit of the respect i give you cunts for the fact all you do is whinge when you could have done something about it before. Look at Melb's scene, look at Bris's scene. You sit on your high horse and all you do is talk

Word. I'm part of the newschool and I always asked for old info and old flicks? And for the most part all I got was oldschool hasbeens or pretenders who were full of hot air. They had their "You kids know nothing." attitude rocking until I asked them about the era I missed... then I was just met with silence. They're fine to talk about how much we don't know until we start asking them to share that history with us. I've been looking for flicks of a number of older writers whom everyone raves about, and for all the hype they get on the forums, no one seems to have any flicks... no info, no nothing. Most of the info we get is heavily biased and an incredibly narrow scope of interest. People would have us believe there were 3 crews in the 90s in Sydney...

I'd love to chat and get some info, if there was fucking anyone to share it.

Is this just some kind of automated response? There are probably more relevant things these days.

It's not a bad book, but people beat off over it ad nauseum...

There are other things I'd probably recommend first.

Y'all both from the North Shore right...

5553833174_673a7e1cf5.jpg

I screwed a girl in Sf that was in this crew... cool fucking story...

maybe cos MOST new guys r ballet shoe wearing tossers with poofy haircuts that think they no better cos they surf the net til 3am every night when they should b sketching instead. it doestnt really look like this new generation gives 2much of a fuc about drawing n developing a style of their own,which i reckon is what used2 make graf good. the worst r those 'euro is fwesh' kinda fags,how can u b proud of a piece that shows no talent or style at all,just heaps of gay spots,mismatched colours n dog poo shaped letters?cant say i can think of 5 new writers from the last 5 years with anything interesting to offer,u just make slugs shit worth taking notice of even more.

In my oppinion, It's just the scene evolving.. I find that sydney went through the same stage with all the public styles. No good in the past 5 years? Nuaks / Pank? - Poofy haircuts? As I said, The scenes evolved.. It's not cool to be a scummy lad with a putrid haircut anymore.. Time to grow up boys, The lad saga has ended...

p.s How you can criticise euro is beyond me, There's no set image of what graffiti can and can't be, What it should look like etc..

pp.s No disrespect.

someone was writing kaeput awhile ago not knowing there was an old ML one, theres a cunt who writes aeons when clearly there is a writer who has been writing for quite some time in melb, some toy writing klue when clearly there already is one in ML who had a random sting 2 yrs ago bombing again. then you got a heap of toys writing shit tags, and no i aint from the north shore, i aint a rich, mansion rocking, pancy little fairy.

hahaha kingcobra, who fukin cares how a person dresses? or how they look, isnt graff a culture where everyone is out to the same thing, regardless of how they look.

100% agree. example.

Give me a spew bag for your lovely critique.

Can u school me lad??

someone was writing kaeput awhile ago not knowing there was an old ML one, theres a cunt who writes aeons when clearly there is a writer who has been writing for quite some time in melb, some toy writing klue when clearly there already is one in ML who had a random sting 2 yrs ago bombing again. then you got a heap of toys writing shit tags, and no i aint from the north shore, i aint a rich, mansion rocking, pancy little fairy.

hahaha kingcobra, who fukin cares how a person dresses? or how they look, isnt graff a culture where everyone is out to the same thing, regardless of how they look.

Real writers wear full sergio tracksuits and dont get paint splatters on them.

Without trying to sound like a wanker, I find it funny when I hear talk of old school but I never hear names or crews like Blaze, Tudor, Chase, Joker, Fatal, New, TDF, RCF, CIS, TFP, Sevn, Boo, Unique, Mr.E, etc.

I don't recognise any of the guys you cats are calling old school.

I'm going for a Bex and a ly down now........

U picked the least important part of what i said 2 try n rock me on,i dont give a fuc if u got pineapple quiksilver shorts n a cowboy hat on,if thats you then do u,but if ur some little homo with an emo fringe in bright white rabens walking round tryin 2 talk like a mad crim then can u blame us for not wanting 2bother taking u seriously?ur obviously cut bout some past incident that ive reminded u about. if u have a look i been scanning any old flic i can get my hands on so little cum junkies like u can hopefully better themselves,but i guess u got too many tears in your eyes to notice. either that or your fringe is in the way. go take your nuerofen n learn how to show some gratuity.

and for whoever brought pank up as some1 worth mentioning,u prob think he invented that style himself yeh?if his letter structure was a womens body shed b one of those frumpy little moles u swap fotos with after your parents have muzzed out on the back verandah.

also on the topic of stolen tags, been thru the northside a bit this summer on the way2the beach, those cunts r in a world of their own up there, they got their own unique,desta,clue,ouch,faser,rude,zeus,even another tsc...

100% agree. example.

Part of the problem seems to be the effects of commercialization of this culture... One of these pictures looks like a typical style of piece / advertisement for a 'graffiti paint brand'. These type of pieces are promoted heavily by paint companies with the intention of selling more paint. Twenty cans per piece makes them a lot more money than 5 cans per piece.

bit ironic when say the lads from the 90's and before havent schooled younger generations over time. as there has been quite a few cases of new schoolers been schooled up only after awhile of time to think there better and start talking shit about the boys who schooled them... but even then before the net was around, you went around and caught trains and spoke with writers and learned ur history. But these days it's all about being able to google it up and bite styles and attempt to learn what brief history u can from forums... Graf to me was always about the letters and sketching over and over working on styles, so stop bitching about not getting schooled and keep refining ur own shit and keep ur mouths shut as to many of these young kids do less than 10 pieces and start talking it up like there some sort of king already...

bit ironic when say the lads from the 90's and before havent schooled younger generations over time. as there has been quite a few cases of new schoolers been schooled up only after awhile of time to think there better and start talking shit about the boys who schooled them... but even then before the net was around, you went around and caught trains and spoke with writers and learned ur history. But these days it's all about being able to google it up and bite styles and attempt to learn what brief history u can from forums... Graf to me was always about the letters and sketching over and over working on styles, so stop bitching about not getting schooled and keep refining ur own shit and keep ur mouths shut as to many of these young kids do less than 10 pieces and start talking it up like there some sort of king already...

i know exactly who you are talking about in the first part of the the paragraph. i aint complaining about being schooled, i dont care that i wasnt schooled, im happy i did my own and learnt from my own mistakes, and lucky had a friend who critised alot my things when i started which made me know what to do and what not to do. im just saying how the older generation could have lend a hand in some way, forget about schooling letters etc, im talking principals, morals and ethics. cause they have clearly gone out the way, you see kids now doing trains after 2 pieces...