>>> - SYDNEY - NSW - AUSTRALIA - <<<

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Any one with some RSL tags or panels (maybe Berl or ??).....they were the days, front runners on every line..or maybe some adc stuff (psew etc).....bring back some of those memoirs!!!!

Larry E bump ya post on the mid 90s in Newtown/Surrys movement.... any more would be much appreciated.....

true. graff seems to have be headed mainstream for the past 10 years....

the days of searching for paint and finding new and deserted walls to paint. With the battle and constant struggle to burn the guy underneath, the respect given to your enemies or your friends, the excitement of waiting for the latest issue of a magazine or the lending of the latest videos, the schooling from the old schoolers at hip hop shops or events, the techniques in blending cans for colours, making custom nozzles, finding pen pals from OS all made the days of painting a LIFESTYLE with loads of FUN! Separate from today which seems to be another way of seeking fun, by placing a PHOTO on the interent.

Straight up discipline and patience was required to learn that the ladder is long and the only way to get to the top is through constant determination and commitment. This is what separates the past from the new. Today people want to see results in minutes and this is due to the speed of life.

Today the majority of the competition lies within the internet. The competition seems to be wide spread- throughout the world. This is the reason why styles are uniting and the old days of having a style from a particular line remains as the minority.

Respect to the true writers that have put in the effort and or are still putting effort in today. Patience is the true way to this competitive sport.

Forums are about discussions not about bitching and whining... thats why its worth a long response to a good statement...

old guys aren't willing to give new guys time of day

maybe cos MOST new guys r ballet shoe wearing tossers with poofy haircuts that think they no better cos they surf the net til 3am every night when they should b sketching instead. it doestnt really look like this new generation gives 2much of a fuc about drawing n developing a style of their own,which i reckon is what used2 make graf good. the worst r those 'euro is fwesh' kinda fags,how can u b proud of a piece that shows no talent or style at all,just heaps of gay spots,mismatched colours n dog poo shaped letters?cant say i can think of 5 new writers from the last 5 years with anything interesting to offer,u just make slugs shit worth taking notice of even more.

true. graff seems to have be headed mainstream for the past 10 years....

the days of searching for paint and finding new and deserted walls to paint. With the battle and constant struggle to burn the guy underneath, the respect given to your enemies or your friends, the excitement of waiting for the latest issue of a magazine or the lending of the latest videos, the schooling from the old schoolers at hip hop shops or events, the techniques in blending cans for colours, making custom nozzles, finding pen pals from OS all made the days of painting a LIFESTYLE with loads of FUN! Separate from today which seems to be another way of seeking fun, by placing a PHOTO on the interent.

Straight up discipline and patience was required to learn that the ladder is long and the only way to get to the top is through constant determination and commitment. This is what separates the past from the new. Today people want to see results in minutes and this is due to the speed of life.

Today the majority of the competition lies within the internet. The competition seems to be wide spread- throughout the world. This is the reason why styles are uniting and the old days of having a style from a particular line remains as the minority.

Respect to the true writers that have put in the effort and or are still putting effort in today. Patience is the true way to this competitive sport.

Forums are about discussions not about bitching and whining... thats why its worth a long response to a good statement...

word... I think something that was once a culture, is now a 'scene'.

Part of it does seem that it is all too easy these days. When you had to really really put in work for something, you appreciated it, respected it.

maybe cos MOST new guys r ballet shoe wearing tossers with poofy haircuts that think they no better cos they surf the net til 3am every night when they should b sketching instead. it doestnt really look like this new generation gives 2much of a fuc about drawing n developing a style of their own,which i reckon is what used2 make graf good. the worst r those 'euro is fwesh' kinda fags,how can u b proud of a piece that shows no talent or style at all,just heaps of gay spots,mismatched colours n dog poo shaped letters?cant say i can think of 5 new writers from the last 5 years with anything interesting to offer,u just make slugs shit worth taking notice of even more.

fuk off cunt, you so called "old school" writers dont give any time or help to school the new cunts coming into the culture, what you guys have should have done is path a way for the up n commers in your period instead of being the selfish fuks you are, and now you have the right to say shit like SYDNEY'S SCENE IS SO SHIT, well guess what, part of it is your fault and yes part of it are the amounts of faggots who suddenly think graffiti is such a cool thing. Stop thinking you guys are the og of everything, as much respect if give you guys i also have a limit of the respect i give you cunts for the fact all you do is whinge when you could have done something about it before. Look at Melb's scene, look at Bris's scene. You sit on your high horse and all you do is talk

Word. I'm part of the newschool and I always asked for old info and old flicks? And for the most part all I got was oldschool hasbeens or pretenders who were full of hot air. They had their "You kids know nothing." attitude rocking until I asked them about the era I missed... then I was just met with silence. They're fine to talk about how much we don't know until we start asking them to share that history with us. I've been looking for flicks of a number of older writers whom everyone raves about, and for all the hype they get on the forums, no one seems to have any flicks... no info, no nothing. Most of the info we get is heavily biased and an incredibly narrow scope of interest. People would have us believe there were 3 crews in the 90s in Sydney...

I'd love to chat and get some info, if there was fucking anyone to share it.

• Like 1

Fuck you cunts...

19854882178801.jpg

Word. I'm part of the newschool and I always asked for old info and old flicks? And for the most part all I got was oldschool hasbeens or pretenders who were full of hot air. They had their "You kids know nothing." attitude rocking until I asked them about the era I missed... then I was just met with silence. They're fine to talk about how much we don't know until we start asking them to share that history with us. I've been looking for flicks of a number of older writers whom everyone raves about, and for all the hype they get on the forums, no one seems to have any flicks... no info, no nothing. Most of the info we get is heavily biased and an incredibly narrow scope of interest. People would have us believe there were 3 crews in the 90s in Sydney...

I'd love to chat and get some info, if there was fucking anyone to share it.

Hmm depends who you talk to but like you said you can never get a real basis on some good storys of who was killing it etc and a proper point of few from people.

Shit go.

ive come across only a handful who'd tell me things from back in the days, besides that, i'll do my own research but can only do so much and know so much. there is a few out there who do help recent writers out, or even not be big headed but hang talk paint with the new generation, but most are up tight high horse douches, that said, ive painted with a few old school guys and there top blokes, but the others i have come across, eat a dick.

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF PICS OLD SCHOOL WRITERS HAVE TAKEN SCANNED AND SHARED, IM CONSTANTLY TRYING TO PASS ON KNOWLEDGE TO THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED. YOULL FIND OUT MUCH MORE FROM AN OLDER WRITER THAN YOU CAN OFF THE INTERNET.

PS THIS WEEK IVE SEEN A "BLAZE" "RIME" "KADE" "KEYS" "SCUM" "DEAL" "RACK" "NEON" "RISK" AND ABOUT FOUR DIFFERENT "JOKER" TAGS ALL ORIGINAL, KILLS ME HOW KIDS PICK A WORD THESE DAYS. JUST OUT OF THE BLUE LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER WRITEN OR THOUGHT OF THAT WORD BEFORE???? ANYONE ELSE WANT TO ADD?

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF PICS OLD SCHOOL WRITERS HAVE TAKEN SCANNED AND SHARED, IM CONSTANTLY TRYING TO PASS ON KNOWLEDGE TO THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED. YOULL FIND OUT MUCH MORE FROM AN OLDER WRITER THAN YOU CAN OFF THE INTERNET.

PS THIS WEEK IVE SEEN A "BLAZE" "RIME" "KADE" "KEYS" "SCUM" "DEAL" "RACK" "NEON" "RISK" AND ABOUT FOUR DIFFERENT "JOKER" TAGS ALL ORIGINAL, KILLS ME HOW KIDS PICK A WORD THESE DAYS. JUST OUT OF THE BLUE LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER WRITEN OR THOUGHT OF THAT WORD BEFORE???? ANYONE ELSE WANT TO ADD?

mesk, ghost, acid, krime are some common ones.

and for the guy that asked if younger people read subway art, i finished having a flick through of my 25th anniversary edition before i read that :lol: