>>> - SYDNEY - NSW - AUSTRALIA - <<<

so you want people to be original but stick to classic sydney style?

Your statement re Blade and Comet, "they didn't know any better" denotes all of your previous and future post as being void of significance.

Im not a big fan of Petro's work but most people do graff to have fun, and it looks like he was having more fun than you are today.

With all your opinions, I hope your contribution to graff has been more than the creation of the term 'wibble-wobble'.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Your statement re Blade and Comet, "they didn't know any better" denotes all of your previous and future post as being void of significance.

Im not a big fan of Petro's work but most people do graff to have fun, and it looks like he was having more fun than you are today.

With all your opinions, I hope your contribution to graff has been more than the creation of the term 'wibble-wobble'.

Define classic Sydney Style?

I just like what I like and I'm narrow minded towards styles that don't have good letter structure.

How does my comment about blade and comet denote all my posts as being "void of significance"?

Blade and comet among others were pioneering letter forms from simple tags.

They started using bubble/throwup styles to form letters out of blobs, adding connections and loops etc, experimenting with fills.

To say their stuff is whack is ignorant because they were not from a signwriting background, they were figuring this shit out for themselves and spray paint was also a new medium. I've never dissed blade or comet.

I am directing my comments towards those who base their style on an early, 1970's, developmental stage of graffiti.

It's like these street artists today whose characters look like kids drawings. They pass it off as a style, but it's just a free ghetto pass to be part of a scene without having to work hard to be respected, it's an excuse for being shit at drawing things in proportion.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's "abstract", maybe it symbolizes the artists inner struggle and desire to wear tight jeans in surry hills while riding a fixie to the oxford art factory.

I don't give a fuck about contributing to the Sydney scene which appreciates trendy blow-ins over real writers, so we do this for ourselves.

-'80's era-NYC-train-graffiti' inspired graffiti painted in Sydney.

-Yeah cool, I read 'they didnt know any better' as a diss and Im sure they would too.

-I like it when accomplished writers that can do a straight letter pay homage to the past eg 70's era, but when newjacks that dont have any style pass it off as '70's style', its like they dont give a shit about those that broke ground or how bad their own work is. So in some instances I think we actually agree.

-I do the wibble-wobble for myself, some dig it, you dont, cool...

You're on the money about graff being for fun. But as usual, it's only gonna be a matter of time before what a bunch of established and skilled writers, who'd done most everything else stylewise were doing for fun and for a kick, will become de rigeur for newer and shitter writers to bite into the horizon. I'm not knocking them, but soon enough everything will start looking like that Tiger guy, or Kerupt's new steez, and believe me, you won't want to see what that looks like when others are gonna try it.

Sydney, probably even more so than other places, has about 5% of it's writers looking forward stylewise and going for it, and the other 95% going round in ever narrowing circles.

You're on the money about graff being for fun. But as usual, it's only gonna be a matter of time before what a bunch of established and skilled writers, who'd done most everything else stylewise were doing for fun and for a kick, will become de rigeur for newer and shitter writers to bite into the horizon. I'm not knocking them, but soon enough everything will start looking like that Tiger guy, or Kerupt's new steez, and believe me, you won't want to see what that looks like when others are gonna try it.

Sydney, probably even more so than other places, has about 5% of it's writers looking forward stylewise and going for it, and the other 95% going round in ever narrowing circles.

yea sofle biters.

Oooooh Petro - wow how original.

Someone post some more 70's throwback style wibble-wobble polka-dot bubble letters.

Seriously why do people do this whack sh*t?

Blade and Comet were pioneers, they didn't know any better.

What's your excuse blow-ins?

Yeah except Petro has been rockin that style since i first seen his stuff back in the late 90's.

2567365693_66cce593e5.jpg

Stolen.

705815394eacffcd738b.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]705815394eacffcd738b.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

crown1.jpg"]crown1.jpg[/url]

nipsta2a.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]nipsta2a.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

redhot2.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]redhot2.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

redhot1.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]redhot1.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

scan0060qp.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]scan0060qp.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

trainq.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us"]trainq.jpg Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url]

Yeah except Petro has been rockin that style since i first seen his stuff back in the late 90's.

2567365693_66cce593e5.jpg

nah, he was rocking some piss poor tpr knock-off hippy type shit hybridised with the strap-on nyc retro gayness back then, so technically you're both right.

god damn it that comment about early writers not having any other choice/knowing any better but cunts now having no excuse was fucking spectacular!