getting nigrahs out of NEW YORK

NightOwl

with all the news... and there's a lot of it... there was a quik story on how "blacks" are leaving new york and it leaves room for " white PEOPLE" to move in...

i thought that was the most racist shit i've seen in a long time.. be that it may be a fact that black people are movine out of new york. no reason so slide in that white people are movin in.

and i love the way the news calls black people BLACKS

and when they mention white people, they add in the PEOPLE

i dont know.. it was a goodmornin trip to me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's called gentrification.

The yuppies (mostly white) buy up the hood and jack the rent to where only other yuppies can afford to move in. The exsisting landlords in the neighborhood find out how much the yuppies are making and cream their pants and jack up their rents to where the people that live/grew up there (mostly black or latino) can't afford to live there anymore and are forced out. Not to mention that a police state style crackdown on everything usually follows the yuppie invasion so the niggas that somehow avoided getting locked up in the sweep might want to get the fuck out before they do.

I'm living in an area with VERY heavy gentrification and it's in the news all the time.

I've read all these articles and there's one thing I always call on being bullshit.

Crime rates DO NOT GO DOWN when poor people get bounced and rich yuppies move in. IT GOES UP.

Tons of studies show this. Why? Because there's nothing to steal in poor neighbourhoods.

Once the money moves in, why go across town to rip someone off?

Why bother going to hustle fake drugs at the bus station when you can do it at the gas station?

oakland is the same, when neighborhoods start to burn down because of "gang disputes" then they gentrify the area when they rebuild the areas doesnt happen anymore but this is what used to happen a couple of years ago. my house got sold to these crazy aussie lawyers who made look like a house in the middle of the house, stone pillars, sand paths, white tacky paint, 800grand house in the middle of 400grand neighborhood. the house sticks out of the landscape like a skyscraper, its huge and white around small brown houses.

This is why I enjoy walking around the newly gentrified neighborhoods keying nice cars and just making a mess. Stay in Manhattan you yuppie pieces of shit.

The racism about this shit here is very thinly veiled, if its veiled at all. And what makes it more interesting is that the suburbs here (Long island, Westchester....) are pretty well to do in general. Theres some bad areas in each, but really.... it's still pretty expensive to live in a bad area of LI/Westchester, so the "bad element" that the yuppies force out either have to go upstate to cities like Troy, Albany, etc..... where places are cheaper, or down to the southern states.

Things are going to get real interesting here soon as the whites start to push into the last real "dangerous" neighborhoods (Brownsville, Ocean Hill, ENY.... although ENY has started to see the first trickle of "pioneers", as they call themselves). Given the dismal state of the minimum wage and the decreasing amount of affordable housing and rent controlled/stabilized homes with the influx of whites buying up all the space they can to develop into condos, you cant help but wonder if race riots will be far behind.

Although, this could all be part of an ebb and flow in how trendy it is to live in the city. In the 50's when Levittown was built and the whole migration to the suburbs started, a good portion of the white people left to follow that whole dream, later.... combined with the loss of good paying manfacturing jobs, a serious problem with youth unemployment, and the introduction of crack, you saw even more of the whites who had the means to flee do so. Now, you see alot of the children of the baby-boomers moving back into the city after finding out how growing up in the suburbs can leave you jaded and disillusioned, and you have the 30-something yuppies buying "taking back" the brownstone mansions that their grandparents fled from years before. In short, will the process repeat itself in a generation or two when our kids "re-discover" the burbs?

oh yeah, and rag head too........Don't get me started Saddam.

If this thread was about sand niggers, they wouldve crawled out the

woodwork to find more abusive terms, cartoons, etc. etc.

xenaphobia, ha,ha

next thing you know all the white women will want to be muslim.

It really is.

"SoBro".

Give me a fucking break....

Soon enough, this entire city will be comprised of the "haves and the have-mores".... The only problem is, where are all the "low class" people who have to serve the rich yuppies in their restaurants and stores going to reside? Far Rock is going to get built up. Maybe Jamaica?

I'm sure theyve got "people" thinking up solutions to that problem though. Maybe they can bus them in from Newark....

I'm just playing devils advocate here....

Let's say you own a property which is in run down condition. And the average tenant makes 18K a year. Then all of a sudden you start getting tenants that have the financial growth potential to earn 6 figures. That tenant atracts more people from his/ her peer group who are interested in lower rent. You ( the property ) owner see it as a good time to renovate because it will attract more people from a higher income bracket. After you invest about 1 million dollars on restoration and renevoation. What is your next course of action...... RAISE YOUR RENTS TO COVER YOUR COST. As a property owner it's not your responsibilty to keep your rent low for someone who makes minimum wage. The higher income bracket attracts more business into the area generating more income property owers. What's wrong with that? If that neighborhood ( PRE- Yuppie ) had gotten together as a community and kept there neighborhoods clean and flurishing, and owned by the members of the community ( no absenty landlords) there would be no room for gentrification. The bigger problem is that the Government ( local/ state/ federal ) is not supporting small buisness. They are more concerned with large multinationals who contribute to political campaigns. The average American has become lazy. They are no longer involved in the governing of themselves. And we will all pay for that.

*** or you can look at it this way. The housing bubble will burst. Interest rates will reach 1970's hights and the majority of those interest only loans will be called in and you will be able to get a 400K home for 100K..... as long as you have some cash.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

good thoughts tabloid. i lived in brooklyn bushwix back in like 93 from what i hear from the boys bushwix is been on the come up for years now. f all that jazz. just keep it riding dirty

and i love the way the news calls black people BLACKS

and when they mention white people, they add in the PEOPLEquote]

im sorry,

but shut up.

i read on here recently that the word "nigger" is banned on all major tv channels, but words such as "cracker" and "honkie" are allowed.

to be honest, i dont really give a shit if someone is racist about white people i just think theyr'e ignorant (apart from perhaps the principle of someone simply trying to insult me)

racism has such a stigma around it its stupid, its like youre so fuckin insecure about your race you have to make a big deal about it whenever its brought up.

i would like to make clear that i am in no way a racist, but i do think that political correctness gets fuckin stupid, and its not helped by stupid comments like that. the news obviously didnt do that intentionally.

a white person in south africa (or any other place where whites recieve the majority or racial abuse) could write a thread saying "ooo look i love the way they say blacks but when they say white people they have to remind you that whites are people"

so im sorry to sound like im havin ago, but this sorta thing just pisses me off, just take it easy and dont worry so much about what could possibly be percieved as the slightest of racist remarks

I'm just playing devils advocate here....

Let's say you own a property which is in run down condition. And the average tenant makes 18K a year. Then all of a sudden you start getting tenants that have the financial growth potential to earn 6 figures. That tenant atracts more people from his/ her peer group who are interested in lower rent. You ( the property ) owner see it as a good time to renovate because it will attract more people from a higher income bracket. After you invest about 1 million dollars on restoration and renevoation. What is your next course of action...... RAISE YOUR RENTS TO COVER YOUR COST. As a property owner it's not your responsibilty to keep your rent low for someone who makes minimum wage. The higher income bracket attracts more business into the area generating more income property owers. What's wrong with that? If that neighborhood ( PRE- Yuppie ) had gotten together as a community and kept there neighborhoods clean and flurishing, and owned by the members of the community ( no absenty landlords) there would be no room for gentrification. The bigger problem is that the Government ( local/ state/ federal ) is not supporting small buisness. They are more concerned with large multinationals who contribute to political campaigns. The average American has become lazy. They are no longer involved in the governing of themselves. And we will all pay for that.

*** or you can look at it this way. The housing bubble will burst. Interest rates will reach 1970's hights and the majority of those interest only loans will be called in and you will be able to get a 400K home for 100K..... as long as you have some cash.

You raise some good points, none of which are particularly wrong by any means.

However, the general feeling that I get around here is that the landlords arent particularly doing major renovations and then raising rents to cover their costs. I would venture to say that the majority of the time theyre JUST raising rents because they know they can get more now that more well-to-do people are moving in.

I would also say that even more frequently than raising the rents soley for the sake of having a higher monthly rentroll, they're pulling the move of raising the rents to force out the lower income tenants and then sell the building off to a developer for a condo conversion, or they do the condo conversion themselves and sell the apartments off that way. It's a much bigger and faster cash out for them. This is happening ALOT here right now. Go on any real estate blog and check out all the new condo conversions. Long term, I would imagine this is going to create more problems as the amount of "affordable" housing in the city is already incredibly strained, and more and more landlords are deciding to do away with rentals and go straight to condo conversions, thereby reducing the amount of rentable apartments for everyone.

As for the idea that the people in the neighborhoods should have purchased their homes or banded together as a community to keep the area clean and keep rents affordable, this isnt always so easy, especially in an area that may be considered "high crime". For instance, a neighborhood by the name of "Greenwood Heights" is a nice, working-class enclave.... but developers have been waging a war with residents anyway. Theres supposedly great community groups fighting to keep these developers out, but they've still managed to buy up a few entire blocks worth of houses from long time residents so that they can tear it down in order to construct large condo buildings that dont fit in with the neighborhoods overall "look" and will probably be out of the price-range of many of the residents.

Theres also a whole other issue of Bruce Ratner building a stadium smack in the middle of Downtown Brooklyn, as well as a number of office buildings and skyscraper apartment buildings.... all of which are supposed to bring more "economic vitality" to the area. All I see it bringing is the promise of huge traffic issues and more yuppies to live in the Gehry designed towers. I find it HIGHLY amusing when politicians can even work up the nerve to talk about all the "jobs" that are going to be brought in by shit like this. What sort of jobs? More minimum wage retail jobs? Nice. No one can support a family on those wages anyway. So who are you really helping.....?

The campaign contributors.

Rather than worry about creating more $8.00/hour jobs, why dont you get involved in somehow bringing back manufacturing jobs to the city? Theres ALOT of huge factories, especially those in Sunset Park that line the waters edge, that are all but vacant to my knowledge. Manufacturing jobs tend to pay fairly well, well enough to support a family on at least, but that might not be good for the large corporations who find that theyd rather line their pockets further by shipping more jobs overseas, this time white collar jobs rather than the blue collar ones that left decades ago.....

Really, the whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.