Car Accidents/Insurance Claims

alure

So.. long story short. got in accident. father's daughter is a dickhead. having to file claim. ugly situation.. and she was at fault..

So what about everyone else? Ever been in an accident? What happeneed? Whose fault was it.. did you win the claim, or have to pay the damage... or did you even have any insurance?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ran into the back of somebody....I was hungover at 8 am going to work

definitely my fault

my insurance covered the damamges to his car - progressive insurance.....liability

liability = save money and fix your own car if you wreck it

after his car was fixed my insurance went up like $100 a year

well yeah its definately bullshit because in his daughters favor i agreed to met up with him and try to do it without the insurance.. but he had to be such a fucking asshole and try intimadate me..and make me feel foolish ..we had a scream out at the dealership..and i basically told him to go to hell .. he was such an idiot..

and i'm not even trying to scam him..or make a big deal out of this shit.. i just want my fucking car fixed..and it should be even a LESS of a deal..because its a minor scratch..

but i contacted his insurance company (after going to the police to get info cause the asshole wouldnt give it to me).. and i hope it goes through..cause i dont want to have to pay a $500 deductable through mine..

you may already know what i've been through

two cars totalled by drivers running red lights and basically uninsured..first time i was fine, second time i broke eight bones and punctured three organs.

as a passenger, i've been in three cars hit while stopped at either a stop sign or a red light..once by a tractor trailor that ripped the entire front end off the car... and in two cars that ran into stopped objects

i've been on the back of a motorcycle that got hit

and i did a face plant on my bike because of a sudden, unsignalled abrubt turn that was just as abrubtly halted.

Originally posted by symbols@Apr 3 2006, 12:01 PM

you may already know what i've been through

two cars totalled by drivers running red lights and basically uninsured..first time i was fine, second time i broke eight bones and punctured three organs.

as a passenger, i've been in three cars hit while stopped at either a stop sign or a red light..once by a tractor trailor that ripped the entire front end off the car... and in two cars that ran into stopped objects

i've been on the back of a motorcycle that got hit

and i did a face plant on my bike because of a sudden, unsignalled abrubt turn that was just as abrubtly halted.

Might i suggest staying inside?

always get a police report...even if you have to file it later. some asian kid sideswiped my car and then pretended to not understand English after I pulled a Starsky and Hutch style block stop. Dude gave me bogus info, but I had a license plate number. Went to the vehicle registration place, filled out a form and $5 later I had a name, insurance company and address. Called the insurance agent and let her know what happened. She called back and told me that the owner of the car had just sold it that morning and good luck. I countered with the, I have a police report with your insure's license plate # on it and I really don't give a shit where the money comes from...but my car will get fixed. Amazingly enough...he manged to remember who he sold the car to and his agent called me back and got everything squared away.

Guest Resurrection
Originally posted by alure@Apr 3 2006, 03:24 PM

So.. long story short. got in accident. father's daughter is a dickhead. having to file claim. ugly situation.. and she was at fault..

So what about everyone else? Ever been in an accident? What happeneed? Whose fault was it.. did you win the claim, or have to pay the damage... or did you even have any insurance?

ALURE, DESPITE ALL OF THIS, I'VE GOT SOME GREAT NEWS. I JUST SAVED A BUNCH OF MONEY ON MY CAR INSURANCE BY SWITCHING TO GEICO.

Guest Resurrection

THEY SAID ON THE NEWS ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AGO THAT SURVEYS SHOWED WOMEN WERE BETTER DRIVERS THAN MEN. THEY DIDN'T ELABORATE ON IT, BUT I LAUGHED. EVEN THE MALE ANCHOR WAS LAUGHING AS HE SAID IT. THE FEMALE ANCHOR NEXT TO HIM WAS ALL RUBBING IT IN HIS FACE.

THEN I DECIDED TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER. I DID SOME INTERNET SEARCHING AND SAW THAT THE SURVEY WAS TAKEN ONE TIME WITH HANDFUL OF PEOPLE, AND CONSISTED OF JUST ANSWERING QUESTIONS ON A PAPER AND NO ACTUAL DRIVING. NO WONDER THEY DIDN'T WANT TO ELABORATE. PROBABLY SOME FEMINISTS BEHIND THE SCENES PULLING ALL THE STRINGS MAKING SURE NONE OF THAT HAPPENED.

Once while driving through the midwest in January (bad idea) i got off the freeway to get some gas in the middle of nowhere, the offramp had not been salted at all so it was all ice, slid past the stop sign at the end of the offramp and got t-boned by some farmer lady driving a mini van, totalled my whip, and hers. I got a tickets for careless driving, and a failure to stop. The careless driving (which was for a failure to yeild to road conditions) jacked my insurance through the roof, previously I was paying around 120/month and after that ticket it went up to 300/month.

Got into another accident shortly thereafter with my moms car, which was my fault again. The other driver didnt want to report it because he said he didnt want his insurance to go up (i thought he probably didnt even have insurance) so we agreed to settle it by ourselves. We exchanged phone numbers and he never got back to me, which i thought was good because the damage to my moms car came to around $900

If you arent at fault, and the other person is being a bitch, handle that business, file a claim with her company.

I was eatin some mcDonalds and dropped a fry and a red light, when I tried to pick it up I eased off the brake and bumped this van in front of me. It was cool cause they were mexican and prolly didnt have insurance either

This is some freaky shit. So I'm just drivin back to my apt from track practice and am slowin down at a red light behind some cars. I catch a mean cramp and like hit the gas instead of the brake. I probably had 3 inches between me and the car in front of me. PHEW!

With my old old car this asshole was tail gating me for miles and miles even when he clearly could gone around me, but he didnt so i slammed on my brakes and tried to speed off to send him the message to fuck off or go around. he didnt seem to catch my drift so i do it again and this time he slams into my bumper, we pull over and he gets out looks at his destroyed headlights and grill and hanging bumper and says "whos gonna pay for this you fucking asshole!" to me. seeing as my car was a 1981 piece-o-shit i reply "not me" i hop into my car and go home, its been two years now.

i think people in general are shitty drivers..

i mean i was hit..by a drunk driver..who was a man and fled the scene..

and some guy ran into me..and he was at fault..

oh..

and when i was 7 1/2 months pregnant.. some guy hit me at a light.. rammed into me going at least 30 miles per hour..

sooo..

i wouldnt just say women suck at driving..

and i've never been at blame during an accident.

Guest Resurrection
Originally posted by ^ . ^@Apr 3 2006, 07:06 PM

resurrection, fuck off.

alure. brick their car once they get it fixed, and good luck getting your car fixed. hope it works out.

YOU SOUND LIKE ONE OF THOSE ANGRY CHICKS THAT HAVE A CARREER OUT OF THROWING BRICKS THROUGH WINDOWS.

I think Americans in general are just bad drivers. I've gotten into about 3 accidents on base (none of which were my fault), but none off base. I think it's because it costs over $3000 to get a licence in Japan while in the states it can cost around $150 I think.

what timing. while the zero was down, my car was involved in an accident too...

i get a phone call from my dad saying he got hit in my car...

so i go to the scene, and my rear end of my car and trunk is smashed pretty bad... and it turns out it was butt raped by a fuckin hummer. and the hummer had a crooked license plate frame for damage... fucking a

well anyway, my dad actually got the lady who hit my car to write and sign that she was at fault on a peice of paper..

so now im cruisin in a pontiac g6 or something.