Hardcore kids

wasted youth

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody else chuckling at the EARTH CRISIS reunion tour?

i am. i got to see them a couple times towards the end. they were real bad then. i'm not that excited about it. actually more excited that SHAI HULUD is on the tour. should be a fun show though...

I'm on a tour? Fuck, I'm always the last one to know...better go pack. Oh, wait. NVM

Anyone in the East Bay should check out Punfest this weekend.

I figured it wasn't rehab.

I never liked HC/SXE much since I am neither and don't go in for scene bullshit. Gorilla Biscuits are a good band. Shai Hulud was fun the one time I saw them about ten years ago but I don't think I have any of their music.

Truth be told, the older I get the more I appreciate old emo (Cap'n Jazz, Polvo, Rites Of Spring) and math rock (Rumah Sakit, June Of 44, The Shipping News). At times, that shit was as brutal as anything I've seen HC bands play.

nowadays, the overwhelming majority of hardcore sucks so hard.

not to mention that, on the rare occasion i still go to a show, i'm way to embarrassed to even be there due to the overwhelming amount of douchebags and 15 year olds.... you know the ones.

*co-sign on cap'n jazz being fucking awesome.

peep game:

^^^first show, 95'

i hardly even go to shows anymore.

the last "real hardcore" show i wen to... i don't remember actually. i go to lots of metal shows.

unearth used to be 'boston hardcore' now their shirts say 'boston metal' which they most certainly are.

but technically thats the last hardcore band i saw.

i saw murphy's law and no redeeming social value recently. relatively few 15 YO emo faggots there.

i always liked shit like tsol, verbal abuse, dri, discarge, cromags...

i still don't understand how bad death metal became hardcore.

Now you're talking. Throw Municipal Waste and Crumbsuckers in there and you got it.

Municipal Waste shows are fucking insane.

In other news, for anyone who is a fan of Modern Life Is War, they're breaking up and doing one last tour. And Holding On is playing 2 reunion shows for their last two shows. I'm psyched as fuck. Holding On rules you all, and i wouldn't be surprised if none of you have heard them.

cool dudes chillin

CDC mother fuckers. I have been blessed to see them 3 times soo far.

I do have to say i think my last "show" i went to, i have to saw was a month ago Death Before Dishonor, Wisdom in chains, Madball, and Sick of it All. One of the best damn things i have seen come across this town.

i still don't understand how bad death metal became hardcore.

it just blew up. integrity. tooth and nail records. north carolina. trustkill brought a lot of shitty bands into the spotlight... myspace even.

most metalcore sucks.

but that which is good is my favorite type of music.

heaven shall burn.

shai hulud.

older unearth.

prayer for cleansing.

strongarm.

age of ruin.

botch.

curlupanddie.

so much good stuff.

for sure bump CDC but on the real....i have been digging the shit out of MUNICIPAL WASTE!!!tried to get some response from some folks in the what are you listening to thread about them..any info gladly appreciated. last two shows i went to in tejas were BAIN and Murphys law,got a sweet shirt but its got the fucking jager logo it....

i saw dangers play both a nirvana cover and a botch cover in the same set once. that was pretty crazy, graf orlock was definetly better than they were though.

i went to the seattle show on that tour and they did the botch cover. didnt really expect that. yeah graf orlock is waaaaay better. i wish my friends and i would have picked a better time to go smoke weed out in the car than during ghostlimbs set.... i hear a lot of good things about them...