dis-till-ation

isor357

anybody know anything about distilling? I been tryin to find information online. Nothing availabe at Borders. I sorta doubt a public library would hold any info.

Im looking for something easy safe and small. Does not need t be perfect or elaborate. Inexpensive Anybody know what macrate is?

Im fucking tired. Keep blinking out

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Resurrection
Originally posted by isor357@Apr 1 2006, 07:06 AM

anybody know anything about distilling? I been tryin to find information online. Nothing availabe at Borders. I sorta doubt a public library would hold any info.

Im looking for something easy safe and small. Does not need t be perfect or elaborate. Inexpensive Anybody know what macrate is?

Im fucking tired. Keep blinking out

DISTILLING WHAT??

Originally posted by sarahyoulose@Apr 1 2006, 02:24 PM

get a round bottom flask

and a claison-head adaptor

and a water cooled condensor

and a drying tube

and a thermometer

and a heat plate

and you distill chemicals! yay organic chemistry lab!

Macro-steam distillation kit...lol....dont forget your magnetic stir bar to keep the solvent homogenous....

FUCK I HATED ORGANIC CHEMISTRY!!!

you're gonna get fucked uuuuuuppppp....you're gonna get fucked up.... Home made absinthe= bad news. There is a reason the recipe is hard to get.

Originally posted by wikipedia

Homemade kits

There are numerous “recipes� of homemade absinthe floating around on the internet, many of which revolve around soaking or mixing a kit or store-bought herbs and wormwood extract with high-proof liquor such as vodka or Everclear. Even though these do-it-yourself absinthe kits have gained a lot of popularity, it is simply not possible to produce absinthe in this manner. Absinthe distillation, just like the production of any fine liquor, is a science in itself and requires great expertise and care to properly manage.

Besides beings highly unpleasant to drink and pale impressions of authentic distilled absinthe, these homemade concoctions can sometimes be downright poisonous. Many of these recipes call for the usage of liberal amounts of wormwood extract, or essence of wormwood in hopes to increase the believed psychoactive effects. Consuming essential oils will not produce a high, but can be dangerous. Wormwood extract can cause renal failure and death due to excessive amounts of thujone, which in large quantities acts as a neurotoxin. Wormwood extract should never be drunk straight.

Originally posted by CALIgula+Apr 1 2006, 02:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CALIgula - Apr 1 2006, 02:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-sarahyoulose@Apr 1 2006, 02:24 PM

get a round bottom flask

and a claison-head adaptor

and a water cooled condensor

and a drying tube

and a thermometer

and a heat plate

and you distill chemicals! yay organic chemistry lab!

Macro-steam distillation kit...lol....dont forget your magnetic stir bar to keep the solvent homogenous....

FUCK I HATED ORGANIC CHEMISTRY!!!

[/b]

oh yes! cant forget the stirbar!!

yeah ok. So what if you just use wormwood instead of wormwood extract? Im assuming that there is a difference.

Question 2. I want to try the primative method. Im not that technical. So.... Basically i need a pot with a cooling coil and i collect the condensation? Im not burning off impurities. Instead im boiling the raw mix and collecting the vapors.

man fuck that my boy makes the best absinthe shits bomb

fuck buying that shit on the internet

and as long as you no what you,re doing it aint poisioness

go for it isor ........i wont say shit ,nowadimean,i think i no what your talking bout anyway

shit .........bars and bars

holla at cha boy

Not sure, but I have smoked opium and drank some absinthe before.

Needless to say I got really fucked up. All i remember is this kid having a game cube emulator and playing old video games all night....then me and this girl were in tears laughing because our buddy had a cigarette in each ear and one in his mouth, but none of them were lit and he kept taking drags off the one in his mouth all the while holding asking people if he could bum a cigarette...

That was an interesting time indeed. I got real silly.