scooters

Future Droid

anyone here like scooters? i have owned an assortment of scooters in my lifetime, fixed some up too. here are some:

1962 vespa GS

Vespa160-GS-62.jpeg

59 cushman highlander

highland2.jpg

79 vespa

CSV-010.jpg

never had a lambretta:

Lambretta.jpg

note: these arent my pics i found them off the web, but i have own(ed) some of these same models

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Dude, scooters have blown up to extreme levels of ridiculousness here in PR. EVERYBODY HAS A FUCKING SCOOTER. There's literally a scooter store every 5 blocks in any direction, it's really getting out of hand.

I've been starting to see a lot of really bad accidents involving people who think scooters are adequate means of highway transportation.

So basically, fuck scooters.

most of the people i knew growing up rode scooters because they had so many DUIs thats all they could get near....then i move to my current location and the only people riding scooters are 18 - 20 year old black kids in maternity dresses who would probably beat the shit out of me if i even hinted at how amazingly gay they looked doubled up on a scooter going 25 miles an hour (with one on a cell phone).

so basically, fuck scooters.

dude...no offense...but I hate scooters. I can't wait till that stupid trend dies. I can't believe how fucking expensive some of those things are as well. Damn, for that money you could have a motorcycle with some sack.

disclaimer:

they're only an acceptable form of transportation if you're in Europe.

Originally posted by boogie hands@Mar 31 2006, 03:50 PM

the only people riding scooters are 18 - 20 year old black kids in maternity dresses who would probably beat the shit out of me if i even hinted at how amazingly gay they looked doubled up on a scooter going 25 miles an hour (with one on a cell phone).

A few years back i came across someone like this, except they weighed upwards of 350 pounds and they crashed trying to take a corner too fast. Funniest shit I've ever seen

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Mar 31 2006, 09:38 PM

dude...no offense...but I hate scooters. I can't wait till that stupid trend dies. I can't believe how fucking expensive some of those things are as well. Damn, for that money you could have a motorcycle with some sack.

disclaimer:

they're only an acceptable form of transportation if you're in Europe.

trend? since the mods in the 60s....still going strong, it probably wont die soon. ive had mine for almost 10 years. have you ever seen quadrophenia? anyways i got a 62 GS for 200 bucks and can flip it for a few Gs in the condition it is in now, and only a few hundred went into it.

Originally posted by AlwaysBombin+Mar 31 2006, 04:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AlwaysBombin - Mar 31 2006, 04:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mero quote, eh?

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Mar 31 2006, 05:43 PM

I was just going to reference that "hipster Bentley" quote.

Ah, so that's where I remember that from.

Anywho, one of my friends got a Vespa and I laughed at her because for the same price, you can get a decent used car which:

A. Provides protection from the elements

B. Goes faster

C. Also acts as storage

D. Provides one more place for sex

E. Isn't gay.

-fuse.