My first Flash animation.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Haha, bump cause I still think this thing rocked. Slow connections and slow processors need not apply. Beer,

El Mamerro

Yeah, I still have 350 mhz. That shit was killing my processor. I think the funniest part was the end... it was like a firecracker and then some zippity doo dah music.

Mamerro: On a side note, my friend came over yesterday with a GeForce4 card, brand new.... he wanted $125 for it..... word, I'mma get it in a couple days. Ok, sorry for the off topic.

Zesto, funny what you said about the submarine, that was pointed out in my crit... shit was the absolute last thing I did, a few minutes before crit and completely burned out, hahahah. I thought it was funny how shitty it looked.

However, I don't get what you mean about the boat continuity... it's always facing right, all throughout the movie... shit man, I spent a couple of days storyboarding that shit alone, I took care of continuity... Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest seno.oner
Originally posted by El Mamerro

Haha, bump cause I still think this thing rocked. Slow connections and slow processors need not apply. Beer,

El Mamerro

MAM- 2 questions..what kind of computer do you have and how did you make the images (drawing the fame by frame or what?)

Yeah, like I said before, there's a way in StudioMax, or even with Swift3D, to export those wireframes as vectors, and shit would get shrunk to about 600 kb including scripting the whole thing instead of straight up animation. But my teacher never bothered to show me how to do it, and I moved on. I know the filesize is enormous, and I was blasted on that on the crit, but I just blamed it on the teacher and it was all good. I did a batch processing on Fireworks and lowered them as far as I could before the lines tunred into blurs and artifacts. And I know what you mean about dropping every second frame, but that either made the scene half as long (wouldn't cue with the music), or fucked with the framerate so it looked jerky.

Seno, I got a G4 Cube, but that was all done on school PC's... all I know is they got Pentium III's. The images I did either in Illustrator or Flash itself (mostly the former), and then just worked with motion tweening.

Effyoo, I got my software from school and former work. Thanks for digging it, people. beer,

El Mamerro

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Glik0

The most I do with flash is web design.

Besides the metapost mini-animation, and a demo I'm working on for some company right now, I haven't done any more animation with Flash since that thing, only interactive stuff. It's weird getting back into it, it's almost completely different when you have some idea of using scripting to help you out.

Chups, good luck, and I highly recommend you follow through. The nerdfactor inherent in Flash and Actionscripting is awesome and fulfilling.

mams, nice job for your first one! i like the torpedo launching when it hits the water and slows then speeds up. if you ever get seriously into 3d shit, check out a prog called Bryce 3d. i couldnt figure out how to even close the fuckin program for like the first 30 mins. but its super powerful and awesome, so its worth the learning curve.

Archived