A question of wedding etiquette.

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MESTHREE@Mar 30 2006, 07:01 PM

solo, with the boys...get drunk for free and eat alot of good food.

Mind you, There is a list of people I can think of that you probably should not have arround free booze. hahaha. you know the ones. hah

haha, there's a couple of gems on this thread, but anyway, I gotta bad (overblown) rep round these parts for being stupid when I binge drink. however, I can attest to the powerful sobering effect of the suit and tie. And that's why..shit I forgot what i was saying..been smoking that shit that gives me some sorta neuronic sensation that feels so good that it can't be healthy.

Originally posted by fatalist@Mar 31 2006, 11:58 AM

don't put a girl in that awkward situation.

The girl wouldn't be in an awkward situation. This is more about me. No one would say anything to the girl; it wouldn't be like some bad bollywoodmeetswestern movie.

Of course, it'd be all good and understood (as long as she ain't black!), but I've just never been comfortable with broads around family.

ANother thing is, I think something stems from the fact that my brother's friends are all brown, whereas only a percentage of mine are - and they're not exactly engineering students. Ah, shit, whatever - hard to explain.

advise from me (i was a bride's maid a couple of months ago):

if the wedding is for a family member or you're in the wedding, it is sooooooo much easier not to take a date. once you are there you will have to play host, say hello to old faces, catch up with people, help with what you have to, always on the go. i suggest you invite 4 buddies who can keep each other company and whom you can go and drink/chat with here and there. try your best to have the seating arranged so they can sit together and at a table with some younger guests. that is all and good luck =)

Originally posted by SukiSukiNow@Mar 31 2006, 01:45 PM

advise from me (i was a bride's maid a couple of months ago):

if the wedding is for a family member or you're in the wedding, it is sooooooo much easier not to take a date. once you are there you will have to play host, say hello to old faces, catch up with people, help with what you have to, always on the go. i suggest you invite 4 buddies who can keep each other company and whom you can go and drink/chat with here and there. try your best to have the seating arranged so they can sit together and at a table with some younger guests. that is all and good luck =)

For real. I totally agree with you. I'm taking your advice.