longboards

FuzZy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by FuzZy@Mar 28 2006, 03:54 PM

so I used to skate a lot growing up but then I grew old man balls

this past weekend i bought myself a longboard for the beach

I thought about getting a longboard but even though they're lots of fun to cruse on the practicality just escaped me. I could do most of the same on my regular skateboard.

And who ever was talking about carving, get a slalom board if your really serious.

c81_u.jpg

If you outfit it right it can also be tight for pool riding. In general though, they are really heavy.

edit:....spelling....

Originally posted by 455@Mar 28 2006, 04:38 PM

Yeah brah....totally bitchin'.....all you need now is a pair of vintage Ocean Pacific swim trunks,a cut-off at the sleeves hot pink Local Motion t-shirt with a neon green fanny pack,a Vision street wear skull and crossbones beret,a pair of knock-off Ray-Bans with the strap around your neck and a pair of red and white checkered Vans and a SOBE drink while pulling a hangten giving the "chaka" sign to every chick you pass on a pair of rollerblades......when you're done....make sure you flip the board up to your hands with the 70mm Kryptos still spinning and grab yourself an ice cold Corona at the nearest Tiki bar......don't forget to find some Mr.Zogs Sex Wax stickers for your board.......God I hate longboards.....and to quote Chris Pastras in 411#3(Scott Johnston profile)...you'll be "The rippingest thing in town!!"

LMFAO

srsly.

longbourds are great for geting up. it way eazyer to tag on a long bourd than a bike because it eazyer to bust a tag down low because you can just neal down but you would hhave to get off your bike to do that. plus you alway have two free has to uncap your marker as you roll up to the pole

Originally posted by doozy@Mar 29 2006, 04:57 PM

longbourds are great for geting up. it way eazyer to tag on a long bourd than a bike because it eazyer to bust a tag down low because you can just neal down but you would hhave to get off your bike to do that. plus you alway have two free has to uncap your marker as you roll up to the pole

INSIGHTFUL.

Gotta get the concave.

Longboards are boring.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by LENS@Mar 28 2006, 07:11 PM

that thing looks like a death wish....

...or a wish to have all the meat on your palms erased in the span of two seconds

It's actually not as scary as it looks. As long as you're moving downhill, this thing was FAR more stable than any other board I tried. Completely useless on flat land though, just like a snowboard. Here's a clip of some herman riding it rather lamely.

The Dirtsurfer on the other hand...

dirtsurfer_b2.jpg

...is every bit as fucking scary as it looks. We all ate shit pretty hard on it.

When I was in CO I didn't have a car and went EVERYWHERE on my Sector 9. It's a retardedly fun way to get around. + CO has more paved bikepaths than any state in the country. Now I live in the ghetto part of boston and the longboard isn't cutting it...

This is where it's at though...

You can legit carve/slide/spin on pavement. Peep the videos!

http://www.freebord.com/ride/

http://www.freebord.com/mammoth/

http://www.freebord.com/indexFlash.htm - Old site

i_freebord.jpg

freebord.jpg

freebord_75x.gif

I'd kick a nun in the box for one of these things :yuck:

Originally posted by LENS+Mar 28 2006, 06:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LENS - Mar 28 2006, 06:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Mar 28 2006, 10:51 PM

Win-Boards.jpg

This thing is sooooo fun....

that thing looks like a death wish....

...or a wish to have all the meat on your palms erased in the span of two seconds

[/b]

its a god send, for snowboarding on pavment.