david blaine; what the fuck?

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Risky Sizzle

"This cat is on some other shit" .... is an understatement. I caught it too and was equally amused with the biting and putting the quarter back together bit and the levitating trick was "so-so" <--understate that. David Copperfield better learn a trade.

i saw some shit with him a few years ago. unreal. motherfucker threw a deck of cards at a window on the street and some card he called would be stuck to the other side of the glass.. and it was. the levitating shit is just stupid. game over.

street/close-up magic is so much better than stage magic...i look at copperfield and i say yeah thats great, too bad you got stage props to help you out...i look at blaine and its great. im sure he uses a ton of different slieght of hand techniques, but for alot of the stuff he does, i cant really explain. ive seen other people do that levitation stunt before, its just an illusion (as with most magic) notice how when he levitates his back is always to the people watching, if you saw him from another angle he wouldnt be levitating at all...he pulls it off very well though. hes great at magic, nuff said...

Guest Risky Sizzle
Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

alls that I know is that right at the beginning of the show he called my card.

4 of hearts

that was everyones card. Thats the only shit he did that I boo'ed.. He fans through the deck and eventually with a little manipulation "bumps" the card everyone picks in this case being the 4 of hearts. So in other words the deck fans so quick all you catch is alot of color and then the 4 of hearts. all done subtly

A couple of friends of mine are into magic, and go to these "magic conventions" and what not to meet other heads and learn from each other. According to them, this Blaine guy's kind of a joke in "the magic world" and uses video editing tricks along with simple slight-of-hand shit to come off on TV. If such information is true, bitch gets NO dap!!

.. Sick show though.

ive been watching that cat for years and i have come to the conclusion that he has sold his soul to the devil so he could have those abilitys, that or he sold his soul to FOX networks, either way he is going to hell. haha

Originally posted by boxcarwilly

how come when i posted this months ago people hated it. i dunno whatever i feel like crap i am gonna bump my david blaine post just to be pissed.

yea , i remember that.. some links were even posted that showed how to do some of his tricks..

Blaine sucks..ive been into magic for a few years now. His tricks arent magic. theyre editing tricks. You see him come up to people and does one of his metal tricks but what you dont see is that he was already talking to them before, getting material, then he comes back. And resurecting the fly in his hand. What a joke. I learned that trick when i was like 6. he needs to get a real job and stop conning the american public. Hes no better that a fortune teller. All he does is amuse drunks on the street and retards on their couch at home

I find it funny that no matter what you talk about... magic, painting, housekeeping, masturbation... there's always those out there who choose to disbelieve a talent. These people "see" through everything and know all the "tricks" of the trade... "Know-it-alls".

So what if dude is pulling a fast one on the drunks at the bar or on your family at home. He's a magician... THAT'S HIS JOB!!! If you know how shit is done then why aren't you doing it? Why aren't we seeing your mug on TV? Why didn't you fuck Fiona Apple? Why aren't you a "sell out" magician who's a slave to Fox and Discovery? Let me guess...

... ya keepin' it real, dawg!

Like my man John Stossel says... "Give me a break!"

Archived