Pizza Pizza

Capitan Cronch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Capitan Cronch@Mar 27 2006, 03:52 PM

My dad told me about this Brick oven spot in Brooklyn that was supposed to be the first pizzeria in America but I have no idea what its called

I think it might be Grimaldi's, right at the base of the Brooklyn bridge, that he was talking about. They win awards every year, and are pretty much regarded as the best pizza around. It's not my personal favorite, but it's pretty good.

According to the food network, the oldest spot is actually in Little Italy... I'm not sure what the name is though.

Funny story to kick off page two: me and my boy are walking around Hoboken, hungry as shit, trying to decide where to eat. This kid walks by, kind of fat and really Italian looking. He's eating a huge slice of pizza, which looks and smells awesome, and I mention this to my friend. The little kid overhears, turns around, and (real enthusiastically) says "I got it at Benny Tudino's, down the block... they're givin 'em away free today!" So we're like "word, thanks li'l man" and we head into Benny's. I ask the guy behind the counter for two slices, and then try to walk away without paying. The guy gets pissed and asks for his money, so I ask what's up with free slices, and he just gives me the look like "Free pizza? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

That little fucker got me good.

The best pizza I've ever had is at this spot called Casserta Vecchia in Carrol Gardens, in Brooklyn. I've eaten there with a ton of people who have all spent time in Italy, and they all said that the food there is just like the real Italian shit.

Joe's pizza on West 4th is really good, but you probably knew that 'cuz everyone does. That's the spot where Peter Parker was working at the beginning of Spider Man 2. If you're a Benny Tudino's fan, you'll like Joe's.

Papa ginos used to be the best fast food pizza in New England...they're mostly gone now, but they're still my favorite...

best slice in Boston:

Haymarket Pizza...only get cheese slices, heated... $1...truly best slices...

I tried pizza in nYC and other cities, including Paris...only like Boston pizza, italian not greek

Originally posted by sillysiphilis@Mar 28 2006, 09:56 PM

Is that in Vancouver?

I practically lived off the buck fifty slices over there. Never bothered trying anything of greater quality

Maffei's is in manhattan. Vancouver buck slice is a way of life. you gotta go to either uncle fattih's at broadway and commercial (get a slice of the potato), FM classic on pender at seymour, or numero uno on davie at granville.