Papoopse

Avancier

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by deformatron@Mar 27 2006, 01:33 AM

and a papoose is a native american pouch to carry around a baby, right?

so why the fuck is he papoose?

nahh its not the pouch

a papoose is a native american baby

i know crip niggas that will fuck up blood like HIV

and blood niggas that will part the c like moses

or something along those lines he said

• 6 months later...

i knew a guy named papoose. actually that wasn't his real name, he just chose the nickname "pappy" which slowly evolved to "papoose." he hated rap and threw out all his rap cd's once he became a born-again christian. dude was a bit of a hypocrite though. a little conniving and hateful yet always preached about the lord. my .02

Aight so 3 people who made it off the strengths of their mixtapes..and because they could actually put together a full album.

Papoose isn't the type of person to craft an entire album and have it succeed. Atleast not in my eyes.

trust me, there's far more than 3 people that got big off of mixtapes. those were just 3 examples. the majority (if not all) rappers out today that "made it" started off on mixtapes.

Aight so 3 people who made it off the strengths of their mixtapes..and because they could actually put together a full album.

Papoose isn't the type of person to craft an entire album and have it succeed. Atleast not in my eyes.

But that wasn't the point of your comment. What you said is "once a mixtape artist, always a mixtape artist", which just isn't true. Maybe this homo couldn't put together a whole album, but you didn't say, "in this case I think my flimsy theory of once a mixtape artists, always a mixtape artist, will be true".

Lemme guess, you're going to curb stomp my whole family or some gay fake gangster shit because I disagree with what you say, and your little fragile ego can't handle that..

street mixtapes in the rap game is seen as the starting point. that's like saying "once an ncaa basketball player, always an ncaa basketball player..." -- even though the majority of NBA players came from the NCAA. the mixtape comes before the record deal. mainstream rappers aren't just born with record deals -- they had to put in work through mixtapes. there are exceptions, like Vanilla Ice, Kris Kross, P. Diddy -- Vanilla Ice was just manufactured by record execs and was more or less a gimmick... Kris Kross was just "discovered" by Jermaine Dupri at the mall, and he liked their "look" and taught them for months how to rap and do tracks... P. Diddy was music mogul/exec/producer, who, once achieved power through rap acts, could use it to put out his own albums... other than people like that, the majority of rappers you see in the industry started on the mixtape

I don't know I don't listen to mixtapes unless it is already someone I listen to in the first place anyway, so I guess I don't see how people come up off of them. They also anger me because now every emcee from here to fucking Europe is out spamming their poorly photoshopped mixtape across Myspace.

Sorry Eastbay, people from the West Coast's opinion on hiphop holds no weight to me. Go get thizzy or something.

And actually the point of my comment was that you fucking retard.

I was saying that even if dude goes platinum tomorrow, he will still be a mixtape rapper. Thats what he will be remembered as. "Oh Pap sold out hes on G-Unit now, his mixtape shit was hot though."

Whatever though I still feel like an asshole debating music with people that Go Dumb. Im out.