So my mom was on MTV...

SpyD

http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/truelife/epis...episodeID=90401

So that kid from PemBROKE, IL was learnin how to read and shit at the library and my mom dukes works there and you could see her for a min in the episode. Pembroke is a fucked up place man. Shit's not even on a map.

FROM THE PAGE:

DeMarlon is 19. He and his family live under horrifying conditions and he sees joining the army as his ticket out. But DeMarlon has to pass a literacy test so he'll be allowed to enlist. DeMarlon lives in a house in Pembroke, Illinois with his parents and five brothers and sisters. The rent is $280 per month, they have to pump drinking water and Demarlon shares a room with his siblings although there are only two beds. He does odd jobs with his father to make money. Since DeMarlon has spent two months in jail for robbing a car, he is on probation. To make it to his probation appointment on time, DeMarlon and his father begin walking 18 miles, but are fortunate to get a ride. Things go from bad to worse for DeMarlon's family. His mother reads an eviction notice stating that they have 5 days to leave their home for non-payment of rent. They owe $2,800, and only have $100. In this moment of despair, DeMarlon calls on his faith by attending church. DeMarlon's father arrives home with news that he's found another home for the family. Their next home needs many repairs, but it has running faucet water. DeMarlon is determined to improve his reading skills and continue studying for the army test. However, he will not be able to take the test until he is off probabtion in two years. He keeps a positive attitude.pic_dead_broke.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

20051012_101_284x218.jpg

haha, I guess Oprah even visited Pembroke:

http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200510/200...2_284_101.jhtml

In the township of Pembroke, Illinois, the state's most impoverished community, 55 percent of the residents live beneath the poverty level and 40 percent live without running water. The average income is $9,700 a year.

With no opportunity for jobs in the near future, Pembroke has no bank, no drug store, no real medical facility and very few paved roads. The mayor, the Reverend Jon Dyson, says every day is a struggle for survival.

Guest spectr

man that dude is going to go through all that trouble to learn to read better then get his ass blown up in iraq now thats some fucked up shit

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by spectr@Mar 25 2006, 06:14 AM

man that dude is going to go through all that trouble to learn to read better then get his ass blown up in iraq now thats some fucked up shit

Originally posted by spectr@Mar 25 2006, 09:14 PM

yeah it's fucked up, but that's exactly the type of person the american government wants signing up for the army.

i feel sorry for the kid, i mean he could be out robbing and stealing cos let's face it, he ain't got shit else, but he's trying to go legit. more power to him for not giving up.

Guest spectr
Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Mar 25 2006, 12:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Mar 25 2006, 12:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-spectr@Mar 25 2006, 09:14 PM

yeah it's fucked up, but that's exactly the type of person the american government wants signing up for the army.

i feel sorry for the kid, i mean he could be out robbing and stealing cos let's face it, he ain't got shit else, but he's trying to go legit. more power to him for not giving up.

[/b]

i know its a fucked up situtation that the goverment creates and exploits

GET A FUCKING JOB AT FUCKING CLEANING FLOORS FUCKING SOMETHING GO TO A MOVING COMPANY THEY WILL HIRE ANYONE WHO HAS A BACK WHAT THE FUCK FUCK THIS FEELING SORRY BULLSHIT THESE FUCKS ARE JUST LAZY GOD DAMN... AWW THEY ARE POOR AND CANT PAY THEIR RENT FUCK THAT NOISE GET A FUCKING JOB AND SHUT THE FUCK UP...MOM DAD AND SON GET A JOB AND FUCKING GET OFF THE TV...I HATE MTV WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?

WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?WHERE IS THE MUSIC1!?!?!?

WE NEED FUCKING HEADBANGERS BALL BACK!!!

I FUCKING HATE SEEING THESE PUSSY ASS FUCKING REALITY SHOWS ON MY MUSIC TELEVISION I WANT TEH MUSIC

ck.jpg

Originally posted by Mr. ABC+Mar 25 2006, 11:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. ABC - Mar 25 2006, 11:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-spectr@Mar 25 2006, 09:14 PM

[/b]

exactly,i feel bad for em too,all these niggas in here hatin on em and shit for being poor,walk a mile in his shoes,then lets see whats up

Originally posted by Gat:Bush+Mar 25 2006, 06:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gat:Bush - Mar 25 2006, 06:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MaKeItHaPpEn@Mar 25 2006, 01:29 PM

you could run a good meth market out there.

thinking with your brain.

[/b]

someone should hook up the "How to run a meth lab" FAQ like the "How to start your own Gang" one

Originally posted by Some1@Mar 25 2006, 01:03 PM

GET A FUCKING JOB AT FUCKING CLEANING FLOORS FUCKING SOMETHING GO TO A MOVING COMPANY THEY WILL HIRE ANYONE WHO HAS A BACK WHAT THE FUCK FUCK THIS FEELING SORRY BULLSHIT THESE FUCKS ARE JUST LAZY GOD DAMN... AWW THEY ARE POOR AND CANT PAY THEIR RENT FUCK THAT NOISE GET A FUCKING JOB AND SHUT THE FUCK UP...MOM DAD AND SON GET A JOB AND FUCKING GET OFF THE TV...

you sir are an idiot