i liked high on fire better when they....

boogie hands

i just heard this band for the first time. apparently these guys took terrors lead and decided to play music that sounds like it was made 10 years ago. fucking great. if you happen to think these guys are a great band then your musical taste is garbage and you should never, ever talk about music again with anyone.

just though i would pass that along. back to work.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Never heard of these guys, but what kind of music would you consider suitable for awesomeness?

10 years ago would be 1996. I can't recall much good music coming out then. I believe that was the year when someone thought rap-rock would be a great idea. 1986 would be a different story.

Guest nutsonmychin!

and also...

very true to his roots.

their music is also fucking good??? i mean...what planet are you on?!?!

then...

130377035_l.jpg

now...

130377138_l.jpg

Scott Vogel was in Despair in 1996. So he's ripping off music that was made when he was in a major band? Weird.

I'm not really that big a fan of High On Fire, but surrounded by thieves or whatever the fuck its called has some killer riffs brah. Its way more stoner rock than any slayer/discharge rip off band i've ever heard is.

Originally posted by PushbuttonWarfare@Mar 22 2006, 04:24 PM

Scott Vogel was in Despair in 1996. So he's ripping off music that was made when he was in a major band? Weird.

your missing the point. im talking about progression....its something musicians strive for, helps move musical genres forward, etc. etc.

to contradict myself (which i dont mind doing because i really dont care that much) i do enjoy terror....mostly because i love despair and that general period in hardcore.

anyway...

isnt bottles and skulls a fucking awesome band?

Guest KING OF HELL

Actually, i dont have any problem with high on fire. theres nothing wrong with playing a style of music that recalls a a different time in music. they sound great live, i love the record. its a good style. for the record DISCHARGE is a whole lot more raw. I feel they sound like slayer and motorhead. thats only a good thing. name any one band that you like and im sure they sound like something else that has been around for a while.

and my musical taste is not garbage.

thanks.

Guest spectr
Originally posted by insane30@Mar 22 2006, 03:55 PM

y is it that i still think were in 2000...so 10 years ago for me would be 1990,lol

wait it isnt the 2oh oh oh fuck man tha kinda throws my plans out of wack