All religion is made up nonsense.

deformatron

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by rattleytins@Mar 22 2006, 02:47 PM

"i rekon that in a couple thousand years people will think that gandalf is god when someone discovers a dusty copy of the lord of the rings underneath their space station.

if there is a god let me pray to him now that this doesn't really happen. poor future.

SCIENTOLOGY

ALIEN SOULS FLYING OUT A VOLCANO????????

when i was younger i can remember seeing those Dianetics commercials witt the exploding volcano jaun and being like, man that looks like a cool book! ill bet theres all types of shit about dinosuars and early man and mastodons and shit in it!

then when i was older somebody said something about it being a self help pyramid scheme somehting or other and i was like ah fuck that shit.

Then, just recently i found out some more about L Ron Hubbard and his beliefs, and Scientology, and now im sorta back to where i was when i was 11, thinking holy shit that book sounds kinda cool. Aliens and mind control and volcanos and explosions and consipiracy theories? i just hope theres pictures in it.

Some like to use religion as a moral compass. If one accepts the authority of a deity (as a creator and otherwise as well) then theoretically one will do as he says, right? So when god says "don't kill," you know he means business. Just a thought, I guess ... it's a matter of societal order as much as anything.

i usually end up getting mad at god and yelling at the sky, " WHERE ARE YOU?! "

COOL HAND LUKE ...best movie ever.

Lets say that everything we see/sense/feel/taste/smell etc etc is all in our brain/mind (Idealism). Meaning reality is in our brain/mind. When we die, so does our brain/mind. Meaning so does reality. So what can there be after death? nothing? Or MAYBE whatever our mind/brain believes will happen when we die will happen when we die. SOOO If in life you believe that you are not adopted (strange example) but you really are. And you go on believing that you aren't adopted until you die. In your own reality you were never adopted. But in the REAL reality, you were adopted. But once you die, the REAL reality is gone, so all that is left is YOUR reality (the way you see/believe things). So if you truly believe that you are going to heaven when you die and you believe in god etc etc....you will go to heaven. If you truly believe for some reason you will be spat out of a volcano with aliens than that will come true.

Not saying I believe this...I just think about this shit alot and have a bunch of theories.

Originally posted by fatalist@Mar 22 2006, 11:45 AM

Some like to use religion as a moral compass. If one accepts the authority of a deity (as a creator and otherwise as well) then theoretically one will do as he says, right? So when god says "don't kill," you know he means business. Just a thought, I guess ... it's a matter of societal order as much as anything.

222px-C-homer.png

That's what I've been trying to tell you.

-fuse.

• 4 weeks later...
those scientists always try to give me a stress test' date=' whenever im downtown.[/quote']

yea those motherfuckers be litterin union square with those damn things

but heres the fucking deal. in a few generations, say 100 or so years, religion will be gone. if you at the US like a timeline it goes like this

1800- SUPER FUCKING RELIGIOUS, burnin bitches at the stake type ish

1900- still super fuckin religious

1950- somewhat fucking religious

1970- hippies arive, theories of evolution overcome story of creation

1990- scientology and all these things appear that are rippin apart the bible

2000- most kids in school no longer believe in religion

2006- 12oz prophet member, eager for the truth, makes a thread on religion and it soon reveals that most 12oz prophet members dont believe in God

2050- the kids of the 12oz prophet generation arent taught about religion

2100- slowly and slowly, religion fades away

2101- the earth is invaded by crazy scientolgy aliens who buttfuck everything that moves

Think about it. So muc death and destruction is the cause of religion. Religion is gayest shit ever. The Crusades,Holocaust,hell look at the middle east right now. The sunnis and the shiite's are cutting each others throats. Just think about how many people have acctually died because of religion.

Fuck religion.

Think about it. So muc death and destruction is the cause of religion. Religion is gayest shit ever. The Crusades,Holocaust,hell look at the middle east right now. The sunnis and the shiite's are cutting each others throats. Just think about how many people have acctually died because of religion.

Fuck religion.

wellsaid...

AMEN......

I got my own beliefs, faith an fear in

jesusdechristo....

AND....

whats with Titheing? (I mayhave spelt that wrong)

where ya have to give a church 10% of yer earnings....

pffffffffffffffffffttttttt.....

religion is population control. think about all the fucking retarded "followers" that would still be around if they didnt blow eachother up in car bombs. religion is for people who are aimless and have never done shrooms or acid

seriously, the moment i realized that religion is bullshit and life is just a simple ass thing i was shroomin off an a few 8ths and was high off salvia and a few blunts.....

wellsaid...

whats with Titheing? (I mayhave spelt that wrong)

where ya have to give a church 10% of yer earnings....

pffffffffffffffffffttttttt.....

religion and church has always been a business.....they make so much god damn money. i dont understand why priests just buy young boys from 3rd world countries instead of raping ones who might go tell their mommy

i think that one day religion will be laughed at just as we make fun of the fact that we used to think the earth was flat. a lot of things are understandably beyond our comprehension, like death. i don't feel the need to comfort my lack of understanding with such things as religion. i myself find happiness in the fact that it's a mystery...it's exciting! i love to philosophize about the unknown, especially ever since i've come to the understanding that it's ok not to fully understand everything. knowledge is constantly advancing.