Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All religion is made up nonsense.

deformatron

Originally posted by mr.yuck+Mar 22 2006, 04:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mr.yuck - Mar 22 2006, 04:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>What if when you are dreaming you are actually awake and when you are awake, that is you dreaming? Thats deep.

[/b]

I thought about this when I was little, but it was more along the lines of what if our lives were just a dream?

I thought that maybe we were the dreams of giants.

My rationale was that I dream about things, people, and situations. These all have to fit in our head. So obviously they are smaller than us. If we were to be dreams, the ones dreaming about us would have to be much larger.

<!--QuoteBegin-Pfffffffffft@Mar 22 2006, 04:32 AM

i live in the bible belt..

you guys dont even know the half of whats thats like...

WOW!

Word. I live in the uber-conservative part of Houston.

-fuse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I have a theory.

The main concept of a religion is to keep a certain group of people alive so that they may a) live and b) spread the religion.

It is a set of beliefs and morals that if everyone follows, everyone should be able to live a long life.

For a long time, most major organized religions wouldn't allow people to eat pigs. This is because the animals were unclean and, in those days, easily caused sickness because people usually didn't store/prepare them properly.

Christianity teaches patience, love for the fellow man, and sharing. All of these things make for a happy community.

Were it a worldwide thing (aka everyone bought into it) life would be assuredly peachy.

Or at least that's the point of most religions from the way I see it.

-fuse.

"Ive said this a million times before (probably on the board as well) but personally I think religion (in all forms) is an inability to believe in oneself. People feel that they must pray to a 'higher being' for salvation, love, luck, etc. So on, so forth, I dont feel like getting into it. Holla. "

-i like that.

how could one start to argue that god is real?

"well theres a bible, you wouldn't hav that without god"

yer its just a novel, i rekon that in a couple thousand years people will think that gandalf is god when someone discovers a dusty copy of the lord of the rings underneath their space station.

the way i see it were all our own god. were all apart of everything and everything is a part of us (me). ever thought about the fact that something doesnt exist untill you know about it? when your mum told you the world doestn revolve around you she was wrong. it does. your write in the middle of the whole world. everything is above, below, infront of or behind you . and without you there is nothing. thats the way i see things. nothing matters unless i let it matter. im god because i am everything. im sure thats difficult to understand because it's hard to explain. you might get were im headed though.

Originally posted by rattleytins@Mar 22 2006, 02:47 PM

"i rekon that in a couple thousand years people will think that gandalf is god when someone discovers a dusty copy of the lord of the rings underneath their space station.

if there is a god let me pray to him now that this doesn't really happen. poor future.

SCIENTOLOGY

ALIEN SOULS FLYING OUT A VOLCANO????????

when i was younger i can remember seeing those Dianetics commercials witt the exploding volcano jaun and being like, man that looks like a cool book! ill bet theres all types of shit about dinosuars and early man and mastodons and shit in it!

then when i was older somebody said something about it being a self help pyramid scheme somehting or other and i was like ah fuck that shit.

Then, just recently i found out some more about L Ron Hubbard and his beliefs, and Scientology, and now im sorta back to where i was when i was 11, thinking holy shit that book sounds kinda cool. Aliens and mind control and volcanos and explosions and consipiracy theories? i just hope theres pictures in it.

Some like to use religion as a moral compass. If one accepts the authority of a deity (as a creator and otherwise as well) then theoretically one will do as he says, right? So when god says "don't kill," you know he means business. Just a thought, I guess ... it's a matter of societal order as much as anything.

i usually end up getting mad at god and yelling at the sky, " WHERE ARE YOU?! "

COOL HAND LUKE ...best movie ever.

Lets say that everything we see/sense/feel/taste/smell etc etc is all in our brain/mind (Idealism). Meaning reality is in our brain/mind. When we die, so does our brain/mind. Meaning so does reality. So what can there be after death? nothing? Or MAYBE whatever our mind/brain believes will happen when we die will happen when we die. SOOO If in life you believe that you are not adopted (strange example) but you really are. And you go on believing that you aren't adopted until you die. In your own reality you were never adopted. But in the REAL reality, you were adopted. But once you die, the REAL reality is gone, so all that is left is YOUR reality (the way you see/believe things). So if you truly believe that you are going to heaven when you die and you believe in god etc etc....you will go to heaven. If you truly believe for some reason you will be spat out of a volcano with aliens than that will come true.

Not saying I believe this...I just think about this shit alot and have a bunch of theories.

Originally posted by fatalist@Mar 22 2006, 11:45 AM

Some like to use religion as a moral compass. If one accepts the authority of a deity (as a creator and otherwise as well) then theoretically one will do as he says, right? So when god says "don't kill," you know he means business. Just a thought, I guess ... it's a matter of societal order as much as anything.

222px-C-homer.png

That's what I've been trying to tell you.

-fuse.