musicians what you play

EGO31

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The project was originally all Scott, he's probably the best guitarist I've ever met

We made a bunch of strictly noise demos under the name Japanese Torture Comedy Hour

Then came our infatuation with perfecting the most consistantly brutal blast beats on drum machines & the rest is history

• 1 year later...

i ended up getting this, its a fuckin beast. its so reactive i seriously felt like i was 5 times better just using it, the pedals stay like glued to your feet. whenever i do double bass i'll play on the balls of my feet and will be lifting my whole legs. this thing, you shake your toes and its like a machine gun. its friggin sweet.

pearlP3002D.jpg

parker p-44, unidentified ibanez RG series, abilene strat style with new bridge, nut, tuners, etc...

ibanez soundgear bass

ran through all sorts of the amplitube series, most importantly, x-gear to bind them all together, ran through live 7, using a shitty marshall practice amp as a pre-amp, ran to a marshall mg250 dfx amp.

novation synth

manteray guitar (its was my first guitar and it was cheap but i still like it)

dr rythem drum machine

a circa 1970's ibanez bass (its was my dads)

i for recording i use ableton as well as an boss 8track demending on my mood

i also got 2 stanton t80's and a newmark mixer as well as i cdj 400

.....does any one know a good torrent for ableton 8????

so, this can fit in here...

last night I got a call from a frenemy... we don't chill brcause of the 'unpleasantness' but he's prolly the best natural muxician I know (excluding pro's) and he got this complete Beatles book plus he had beer and buds so i went over... still not sure what happened but I think it was because we never actually gelled on the songs, but I fully learned The Night Before and Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite (to be fair, it was re-learning) but his girl was around for most of it and she was distracting and then his roommate came home but, anyway, I had shut the door to the studio, we were all outside, I thought it was a done deal but... out of nowhere dude just flipped out and fully ripped my shirt off.

I think he was trying to throw me out but he fully failed because I only walked about 2 steps closer to the door and then he had my shirt in his hands and I was looking at Roomie saying "WTF is happening? Has he done this to you? Is this a 'gay' thing?"

and then he tried to steal my Alien Sex Fiend cd...

ah, the joys of long term musical collaboration...

search, "jay playing beachesin real time" on you tube.. i run a les paul with a gr-33 roland pedal,two looping pedals, i can play 300 digital instruments and sounds loop them real time and be on own motherfuckin shit. handful of peple doing this type of thing , but i gotta pat myself on the back and say most cant solo or cant use the equipement smooth, , i was performing my ass off, manager the whole deal, but decided to ditch and go back to school pre med, bust my ass and make 3 day a week 250k a year loot ya dig. also the clip is old and kicks in about 2 minutes in. blah blah enough