musicians what you play

EGO31

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes the thread is alive alive.

it probably was made a couple of years back but oh well.

man so many djembe's man i was gonna buy a djembe but $200 ain't cheap man i'm getting tama 5 peice soon 3 dark crashes 1 dark k china and a dark k ride should be rad man.

the band i'm in now plays originals only except for one cover by area 7. we play ska and root's more than anything else.

Play guitar. I've been playing for about 7 years. I play in two bands with different influenes. One band is like melodic hardcore, not metalcore bullshit though. Some say we sound a little like Unbroken and a little like Modern Life Is War but MLIW sucks, I think anyway. My other band We kinda sound like old Biohazard a little bit. Hard shit.

Originally posted by Some1+Mar 21 2006, 02:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Some1 - Mar 21 2006, 02:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ego maniac@Mar 21 2006, 01:02 PM

what gets the bitchs?

bein'a preppy white boy?

er playin... funk... on...

the drums?.?

actually funk is the shit i study alot of funk dennis chambers is one of my favorite drummers and is a monster funk player Questlove too great influence

what is hip by tower of power gets girls moving and there is nothing like a little bit of the james brown sex machine always works the girlslove that shit

p.s. any bass players in the ct area wanna jam?

[/b]

The fact that YOU even

know who Tower Of Power is

makes you very very rad......

I grew up on all that shtuff....

so-cal like whoaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by EnimeeOne+Mar 22 2006, 01:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EnimeeOne - Mar 22 2006, 01:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ego maniac@Mar 21 2006, 01:03 PM

hahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhh

the congas!

ahh I bet ya look

fanfuckingtastic playin those.....

nerd.

Dont make me beat yo ass woman... with infectious afro cuban rythem!

[/b]

hahahah

;)

damn my neighbor in so cal toured with tower of power as a drummer..

i remember being 12 over at his house jamming on the baritone sax and him on the drums all the time..

he told me once.. " there was a point in time when i just got tired of having sex with groupie girls...thats when i found out that a person can have too much sex"

me being 12 ..i couldnt believe this..

another thing was... every member of his families name started with an M

mikel

missy

melissa

michel

and manja their cat

and they lived in apt 13..... alpha numerical for m

weird

Drums for 6 years..influences are primus and jazz and funk (tower of power fucking rules) when I started....moved on to punk..then hardcore then metal..now im into tech metal/grindcore and frank zappa..and more jazz

old photo but I have a 6 piece pearl maple cast with mostly sabian crashes (all 18'/19') a 21' Ufip hand hammered ride. NEW CUSTOME MAPLE SNARE!!! 14' wide 7' deep with a dark purple stain..mmmMMMM!! DW 9000 db pedals and vader fusions and vader power 5A's as sticks.

DSCN0018.jpg

we gots to have a drum off some1

or just trade sound

man a drum off would be awesome but my kit sound's crap at the moment i hit a tom and the bottom hoop fell off,gay.

some one has given me 25percent warning i'm sure they meant ego maniac so if they could take it off i'm sure it would be just fine.

• 1 year later...

beautiful set!

I have 3 guitars, a parker p-44 for blues, an abelene that i have all sorts of fucked up for thrash and metal, and an ibanez RG something, i forget what exactly, but it's got a floyd rose, and if i feel like stretching the strings, and all that shit it's a really good guitar for when i want to play in B or C. Aside from that, i use a boss metal zone with my shit, bad horsie wah, boss equalizer, and a small digitech multi effect pedal for when i want to fuck with weird shit that i can't consistantly use in many songs.

and as of my check coming in, a digitech whammy, or just a straight up octave pedal....mmmm octave pedals