Hacking and Graffiit...related?

kennethmcgriff

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest spectr

actually i disagree alot of what was done a few years ago with rds and web pages was related dudes were just getting up on the internet check out the archives for hacked sites on the net some of this shit is great

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the outcome of each action that is similar, it's the mindset of the one who is performing it.

The art of 'hacking', or modifying electronic things to do what you want, to defy the rules set by the manufacturers and those who control them, is indeed very similar to graffiti and all forms of street art.

It's the whole idea of not being content with things the way they were 'intended'. They mayor of your city telling you that you can't create art is just the same as Sony telling you that you can't modify your Playstation. It's YOURS, and you won't stand for somebody telling you that you can't do what you want with it.

Back in the early days of computers and the internet, people would create small graphical images and animations, some in the same styling as graffiti, to go along with their pirated software.

There's a lot more that is similar between the two subjects than you may think. I guess it's really a matter of knowing what the phrase 'hacker' and 'artist' really mean, and stepping outside the stereotypes projected by the media and the uninformed public.

I am an 'artist' and I am a 'hacker'.

=hacker/graffiti writer... visual c++ and what! UNIX!!

word holla, but visual c++? ewwww

why not c# asm and perl

Back in the early days of computers and the internet' date=' people would create small graphical images and animations, some in the same styling as graffiti, to go along with their pirated software.[/quote']

do you mean ascii art in .nfo's? they still make nfo's ya herrrd

p.s. - too much 2600

I fail to see any logic in your proposal that hacking and graffiti are related in any way. Apart from their unlawfulness they have nothing in common whatsoever. I put it to you sir' date=' that you are indeed a poo brain.[/quote']

mass defacing is like getting up, right?

i mean, you try to deface as many sites as you can, for fame, politcal or religious reasons, or whatever. people do political and religious graffiti, too.

It's not the outcome of each action that is similar, it's the mindset of the one who is performing it.

The art of 'hacking', or modifying electronic things to do what you want, to defy the rules set by the manufacturers and those who control them, is indeed very similar to graffiti and all forms of street art.

It's the whole idea of not being content with things the way they were 'intended'. They mayor of your city telling you that you can't create art is just the same as Sony telling you that you can't modify your Playstation. It's YOURS, and you won't stand for somebody telling you that you can't do what you want with it.

Back in the early days of computers and the internet, people would create small graphical images and animations, some in the same styling as graffiti, to go along with their pirated software.

There's a lot more that is similar between the two subjects than you may think. I guess it's really a matter of knowing what the phrase 'hacker' and 'artist' really mean, and stepping outside the stereotypes projected by the media and the uninformed public.

I am an 'artist' and I am a 'hacker'.

applause to my man, this is definatly the case, before the internet took of between 91-94 i as well as painting traditional graffiti, was part of a ansi and ascii crew we used to release artpacks once a month and make them available for download on my BBs and other BBs's round uk would do distro also. there is still a small underground scene for this you can chek

http://forum.asciiscene.org/main.php

http://www.thuglife.org/tlv5/aabout.shtml

safe

________ ________   ________    _______  .___  _________   _____   
/  _____/ \_____  \  \_____  \   \      \ |   |/   _____/  /     \  
/   \  ___  /   |   \  /   |   \  /   |   \|   |\_____  \  /  \ /  \ 
\    \_\  \/    |    \/    |    \/    |    \   |/        \/    Y    \
\______  /\_______  /\_______  /\____|__  /___/_______  /\____|__  /
       \/         \/         \/         \/            \/         \/ 

thinking about the ascii scene has brought back alot of memorys lol so ive given it its own thread in paper chase

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106708

________ ________   ________    _______  .___  _________   _____   
/  _____/ \_____  \  \_____  \   \      \ |   |/   _____/  /     \  
/   \  ___  /   |   \  /   |   \  /   |   \|   |\_____  \  /  \ /  \ 
\    \_\  \/    |    \/    |    \/    |    \   |/        \/    Y    \
\______  /\_______  /\_______  /\____|__  /___/_______  /\____|__  /
       \/         \/         \/         \/            \/         \/