drinking in manhattan

Fabo 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

THIS PLACE..

CHEAP AND GOOD DRINKS..

GOOD PIZZA JOINT RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET TOO.

KOROVA MILK BAR

Korova Milk Bar is designed partially to mimic the futuristic drug den in Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange; but video screens displaying bizarre films and the distorted mannequins reaching out of the walls and tables go farther than even he dared to envision. Nevertheless, it is a wonderfully comfortable, clean, and spacious environment.

Moloko Frozen Embryo

Coffee-flavored Stoli, Butterscotch Schnapps, Cappuccino Liqueur, Ice Cream and Snickers Bar

Moloko Karen Carpenter

Banana Liqueur, Banana, Ice Cream and Chocolate Syrup

Moloko Feenie

Bailey's, White Crème de Menthe, Ice Cream and Oreo Cookies

Moloko Vic Morrow

Stoli Orange, Essence of Orange, Ice Cream

-Frothy Head Optional

Moloko Amy Fisher

Stoli Raspberry, Amaretto, Essence of Raspberry, Ice Cream and a Cherry

Moloko Jon Benet

Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Strawberries and Ice Cream

Moloko Anton Lavey

Root Beer Schnapps, White Cream de Cocoa, Chocolate Syrup and Ice Cream

Moloko Natalie Wood

Barcardi, Blue Curacao, Pina Coloda Mix and Ice Cream

Moloko Nanny Shaker

Frangelico, Kahlúa, Dark Cream de Cocoa and Ice Cream

when i was in the nyc my cousin told me i should go to "the parlay lounge" on ave A...she said the spot was crackin and it was hip hop...long story short....i finally find the spot at like 1am...but its closed for the weekend for some reason..the spot is pretty shady and this black dude sellin yay starts buggin thikin im a cop...long story short...i tell him im from cali and i hate cops cause i write graffiti....he tells me to hit up his name on this wooden wall thing....so i take my pilot and hit his name....from that point on...he was hella cool with me and let me listen to his lyrics...i chilled with him till like 4 in the morning while he sold shit to people....damn i miss nyc...but if all else fails....go to the bar code on 42nd (times square)....that place is chill...but expensive to get a drink..

I love PFFT and all, but please listen to an actual NYer. Korova Milk Bar is a tourist trap. There drinks and management sucks, and they are over priced.

That being said, I am a self proclaimed alcoholic from NY, so go here:

MAX FISH (only during the week) 178 Ludlow Street

http://www.maxfish.com/

Their drink prices are RIDICULOUS. Yes. somepeople from NY will say "ugh, what a played out place full of writers/wana be writers, hiphop MCs, and scantily clad girls" but its $5 for anything top shelf (mostly) straight up. And they are EXTREMELY heavy handed.

LIT 2nd Avenue/6th Street

Awesome margaritas and drink specials during Happy Hour. Sundays there is Karaoke downstairs and they have a pretty damn good music selection. Very hipster-ish, but worth it. Past 10pm however it gets a little bit too packed.

SWAY Spring Street/Hudson

I only go on Sundays or Mondays. Sunday is Smiths night so obviously its white-belt heaven. Mondays its one of the most ridiculous weekly parties ever. Smoking cigs and other things allowed in the back. Decent drink prices. Hipster heaven. Mostly hiphop. Check it out definitely.

DARKROOM Ludlow and Rivington/E. Houston (I believe)

This joint is a dark-lit, basement type bar. Pretty big, cool to just sit and drink, packed often. Plays decent music too. Good place to go super late when youre pretty well off on drinks.

If you're willing to venture into Brooklyn:

TRIPLE CROWN Bedford Avenue and 11th street

On Thursdays Ali Sha'ad (s?) djs amazing old hiphop/funk/soul/etc. Lots of girls, lots of fun. Everyones basically there to dance, drink and talk. Good fucking times. $5 to get in, definitely decent drink prices.

I'll add more but Im drawing a blank.