PIXACAO - SAO PAULO GRAFFITI

Abracadabra

Re: PICHAÇÃO

pixacao kills it, you really have no idea how fucking up these guys are. ENTIRE fucking cities are killed with this. plus the fact that it is a fucking dope movement, absolutely and entirely independent of american graffiti. they arent trying to do pieces or handstyles what you see is what they do. as someone alreadysaid, you don't get it because you arent supposed to.

o pixacao e o estilo mais original, entao, voce nao entendeu isso, vai tomar no cu.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its gritty and it stands out alot. a brazilian writer came to osaka and his stuff stood out alot compared to all the crap tags. it kinda reminds me of cholo style.

since the majority of us havent ever been to brazil i think its a bit difficult to realise how hardcore a

place that brazil is.

You have to walk/drive around in Sao Paulo to truly appreciate how grilled it is... there's no city on earth that even comes close to how painted it is. Glad to see that people are interested in this stuff.... if anyone's curious to dig and learn more, find a copy of Swindle Magazine issue 1 - you can probably order one from swindlemagazine.com - I did a 14 page article/photo essay on the stuff. And I wish we had put more pixa in the Graffiti Brasil book, but space doesn't always permit.

just found details of this book.

Title: “ TTSSS… pixação, the vastest art, sao paulo, brazil ”

Organized by Boleta (Daniel Medeiros)

Photos: João Wainer and Boleta

Paperback: 154 pags.

Publisher: Editora do Bispo

Language: english and portuguese

Isbn: 859930708

120 color images

Product dimensions: 24 cm x 17 cm

about 500 gr.

tssss013.jpg

tssss011.jpg

tssss001.jpg

tssss008.jpg

dope thread, :) :) its a different world over there, i remember when i got to chile (south of brasil,) i gutted a blunt i brought, and the look on dudes faces. they picked up the tobbaco off the ground and looked like they wanted to smack me for wasting it..i learned alot quick and i suggest traveling in general to those hating in here.

in an old 12 oz magazine there was an article about this stuff, PICHAÇÃO and about one guy in paticular that did whole buildings like shown above^.breaking out windows and robbing the places, and finally burning them so when the fire department came his work got on the news

i wish i still had the magazine.....it was like 97' ...maybe somebody gots it still?

anyrate i like this shit alot and find a serious comparison, in a good way! to philly hands.

thanks for the thread

heavy heavy stuff. phenomenal. diggin the article. I don't like how they try and seperate the two writing styles of US and theirs, because if you get all right down to where the rubber meets the road all those concepts and ideas they associated with brazil's writing exist also within the styles of aerosol art.

to even think that there's a whole other "graffiti" movement besides the aerosol writing culture we know of today. I really didn't have an idea up until now. I wonder if this movement in Brazil while it was in its baby stages was somehow influenced even by the slightest writing being done in the US.

sure seems like the lot of them do bomb and goto the super extreme and face dangers that overly exceed a yard's, billboard, or hanging off a rooftop building with a roller.

I know that i have a tendency to argue and all but hear me out. I just don't think that most people outside of Philly understand what goes into writing in Philly. Actually there is years and years and years of practice and multiple different styles of writing in Philly. It takes a really really really long time to get a descent hand in Philly. Most writers up these days in Philly including myself aren't even fully there yet. I understand that these guys in Brazil are still new to graff and that's probably why their style is alot less developed. But they deffinately know how to kill shit (and they take THAT to a whole nother level). And their whole aproach to graffiti is similar to Philly's. And they deffinately get props. I just feel like compareing them to or saying that they are equal to Philly style wise is an insult to Philly handstyles.

I know that i have a tendency to argue and all but hear me out. I just don't think that most people outside of Philly understand what goes into writing in Philly. Actually there is years and years and years of practice and multiple different styles of writing in Philly. It takes a really really really long time to get a descent hand in Philly. Most writers up these days in Philly including myself aren't even fully there yet. I understand that these guys in Brazil are still new to graff and that's probably why their style is alot less developed. But they deffinately know how to kill shit (and they take THAT to a whole nother level). And their whole aproach to graffiti is similar to Philly's. And they deffinately get props. I just feel like compareing them to or saying that they are equal to Philly style wise is an insult to Philly handstyles.

seriously dude, i know you love the fact that you live in philly, but it is not the be-all and end-all of the graffiti universe. " I understand that these guys in Brazil are still new to graff"?????? this shit isn't new fool. the style is not "less developed". just shut the fuck up and realise that there is dope shit happening outside of philidelphia, and that your universe won't implode if you acknowledge that. these fools are scaling the front of 20 story buildings and standing on fucking air conditioners to do 6 foot tall tags in spraypaint with killer style. case fucking closed.

let me reiterate:

just because some of the tags these dudes do are constructed with tall slim letters doesn't mean they have anything to do with philly styles, or are related in any way. that's like saying that american football and soccer are the same thing because they're both played on a grass rectangle with a ball.

seriously dude, i know you love the fact that you live in philly, but it is not the be-all and end-all of the graffiti universe. " I understand that these guys in Brazil are still new to graff"?????? this shit isn't new fool. the style is not "less developed". just shut the fuck up and realise that there is dope shit happening outside of philidelphia, and that your universe won't implode if you acknowledge that. these fools are scaling the front of 20 story buildings and standing on fucking air conditioners to do 6 foot tall tags in spraypaint with killer style. case fucking closed.

Did you even bother to read my post? I was responding to the people that keep compareing this shit to Philly and espescially to the guy that said it was better than Philly. Nobody said anything about Philly being some "be-all end-all". Doesn't sound like you even read what I was saying. Whatever. As I ALREADY SAID, these guys are dope for doing what they do.