Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fuse=--action

Pandora

Music Genome Project

A friend found this the other day and sent it to me. I gave it a try with some pretty obscure artists and it worked, so I assume that it's database is pretty robust.

Also, it will play a song from each artist that it brings up, giving you a sort of preview of the artist.

Give it a try.

-fuse.

Someone change the thread title to something more interesting.

Even if it is brokeback.

ive been using it for a while now. its turned me on to a few new artists but mostly its like radio for me w/o the commercials. I'm kinda disappointed with their lack of international artist but i guess its understandable.

theres also a site called http://www.last.fm that is similar and has way more obscure and international artist. my only issue is sometimes their connection is a bit wonky.

Guest spectr

i am checking this out right now.... seems like it could be dope...

we're listening to it right now, it's good for obscure jazz.

They have no selection for classical or opera, no I'm not homo, I was looking for the background song to the Halo 3 commercial. Wait, that sounds homo.

And nerdy. Somebody punch me and take my lunch money.

fuck, nevermind.

Guest spectr

its spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what to play next on the station i set up... i don't know about this... it played some really shitty music for me...

I like pandora because you can make infinite channels, all for the same artist and different songs, so you can just flip channels instead of their little limit of 5 in track skipping

Grooveshark and Imeem are pretty good as far as sticking to genres, whereas Pandora seems to have a tendency to be all over the map.

• Like 1

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now