Why graffiti ruined my life...

Danger Zone

Originally posted by Weapon X+Mar 18 2006, 11:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weapon X - Mar 18 2006, 11:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Danger Zone@Mar 16 2006, 12:36 PM

It seems as though graffiti writers have more problems than most.  After years and years of this shit I havent gained anything.  And no, doing a sick burner will not make you a happier person.  Recognition will not provide redemption.  All this shit leads to is felonies, violence, headaches, health problems, lack of sleep, anxiety and social isolation yet im still am compeled to do it.  I used to have grand schemes about what graffiti meant but now I know that it doesnt mean shit.  Its an ego trip for ego manics to feel better about themselves and feel important.  To make us feel permanent in this very impermanent world.  Even when I get past that I still see no real reason.  If you are just picking this up then quit now.  It will infect your system like a virus and become a part of you.  Soon youll probably develop a double life.  Be at war with yourself between your graffiti ego and the fact that you are normal.  Everyone is as crazy as you (almost).  And yet no one will ever acknowledge, understand, or appreciate your passion like you do.  Your view of yourself will be distorted and different from reality...

I don't know, I think that's a pretty good post. I can relate to a lot of it. Especially the part where you go to war with yourself. But it never was about ego to me.

But yeah, graffiti ruined my life. It sucks when you go to jail and it wasn't for money. But I don't know about making that general statement about how writers have more problems than most. Not from what I see.

[/b]

yeah right.. writerz are fucking krazy....at least real writers are..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do we want in life? compare your life to an 'unruined' life.. we want to do things that make us happy, happy things contradict a ruined life, if graffiti makes you happy then you dont have a ruined life (based on that), what do we want (yes ultimatley to be happy, but how?) money fame love.. so just get a girlfreind you babies.. or be a player like me!.. get your fame from your name (and that doesn't mean it can't come from your personality why wouldn't it? why would any hobby).. and money.. hmm ok thats where graffiti might ruin your life.. but not really fame attention love happy without money.. but then again your girlfreind will leave you without money.. graffiti eats your money even if you rackl because the time (if dedicated writer) that you spend.. you need money for food and shit.. so i guess graffiti ruins your life.. hmm sorry

Guest Melburnian

Unless you fell off a rooftop and became a paraplegic whilst doing a piece I'd say graffiti hasn't ruined your life. You have.

From my experience people that quit graffiti move on to worse things.

Originally posted by EGO31@Mar 19 2006, 12:21 AM

dangerzone is a prick man if you don't like it give up and don't go on the forums and make threads dickhead what are you like a 7th day adventist for giving up graffiti? potofweed that's great start tagging with markers

you fucking suk as well... ill kill yo face toy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hatred:

i agree that writers have more problems than most, you gotta worry about who you talk to it about who you run with, snitch's, dick headed officers who got to much time on there hands and arnt out solvin murders, beef, etc.. basically every person you meet is another problem, if you cant trust them and they know somethin they aint suppose have the knowledge of stomp em out, but if your smart from the beginning your smooth sailin for a while

thats great killa but u would be all im tough so i roll alone id be all im gonna put u in hospital for a month so im gonna roll with everyone i know and then some more peeps and why are you being a prick the dudes silly man unless he is your bro or some shit let it slide he basically tried to make us give up writing.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Mar 16 2006, 01:55 PM

graffiti is overrated, i find cooking as a more enjoyable medium to let out my artistic expression

I think i might bake some cookies now, seriously.

As far as what graffiti has done to me. My parents dont trust me anymore and they always ask where im going. i cant sit for an hour with at least scribbling some tags.

Although in some ways it has helped me. My art is more organized Im conserned about the flow of my work and the general design, but i cant afford to buy a new canvas every week when i finish a painting the one from before. I cant sell It because i dont have a name. Even with my connections who's gunna buy my work.

Its a viscious cycle for me. I cant become known because I dont have the work and I dont have the work because I dont have the money and since i cant show work it wont sell and Im back to square one.

But i cant really blame that on graffiti can i? [/rant]

Originally posted by TAXI DRIVER+Mar 18 2006, 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TAXI DRIVER - Mar 18 2006, 05:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Mar 17 2006, 05:40 PM

Graffiti gets me laid

you look up to artfags im sure your name doesnt get you laid or you only tax goth bitches :rolleyes2:

[/b]

Haha Lens you're such a pussy. At least I'd call dude and say the word feelings one time.

Originally posted by SilentBob+Mar 22 2006, 11:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SilentBob - Mar 22 2006, 11:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by TAXI DRIVER@Mar 18 2006, 05:58 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Mar 17 2006, 05:40 PM

Graffiti gets me laid

you look up to artfags im sure your name doesnt get you laid or you only tax goth bitches :rolleyes2:

[/b]

hahaha that shits hilarious...............

Originally posted by Danger Zone@Mar 16 2006, 12:36 PM

It seems as though graffiti writers have more problems than most. After years and years of this shit I havent gained anything. And no, doing a sick burner will not make you a happier person. Recognition will not provide redemption. All this shit leads to is felonies, violence, headaches, health problems, lack of sleep, anxiety and social isolation yet im still am compeled to do it. I used to have grand schemes about what graffiti meant but now I know that it doesnt mean shit. Its an ego trip for ego manics to feel better about themselves and feel important. To make us feel permanent in this very impermanent world. Even when I get past that I still see no real reason. If you are just picking this up then quit now. It will infect your system like a virus and become a part of you. Soon youll probably develop a double life. Be at war with yourself between your graffiti ego and the fact that you are normal. Everyone is as crazy as you (almost). And yet no one will ever acknowledge, understand, or appreciate your passion like you do. Your view of yourself will be distorted and different from reality...

dude... wahts your problem. Graffiti is fun, not like its supposed to make you a millionare and get you hot babes, its about the excitement, joy and thrill. Get over yourself... NOW