Why graffiti ruined my life...

Danger Zone

It seems as though graffiti writers have more problems than most. After years and years of this shit I havent gained anything. And no, doing a sick burner will not make you a happier person. Recognition will not provide redemption. All this shit leads to is felonies, violence, headaches, health problems, lack of sleep, anxiety and social isolation yet im still am compeled to do it. I used to have grand schemes about what graffiti meant but now I know that it doesnt mean shit. Its an ego trip for ego manics to feel better about themselves and feel important. To make us feel permanent in this very impermanent world. Even when I get past that I still see no real reason. If you are just picking this up then quit now. It will infect your system like a virus and become a part of you. Soon youll probably develop a double life. Be at war with yourself between your graffiti ego and the fact that you are normal. Everyone is as crazy as you (almost). And yet no one will ever acknowledge, understand, or appreciate your passion like you do. Your view of yourself will be distorted and different from reality...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhh Danger Zone... I'm not even cracking jokes are being critical here.. the real the real .. but ummm... you probably have a mental disorder and you just think it's graff doing that to you.. get your head checked homeboy... I have no problem with my identity as a regular, honest, responsible human being.. although I still have mental issues.. and live the graffiti double life.. it's a big world with a bunch of different human beings homeboy.. get your head right....

if it wasnt for graffiti i wouldn't have any freinds.. kiddin.. but if it wasnt for graffiti i wouldnt know so much geography.. and perhaps half the people i consider freinds i met through that common interest still.. like anyone whos intersted in whatver sport cars etc.. but freindship also comes from girls common interst in being a player and some other things im into word.. whats the problem with having another identity? fuck it having 'double life' rules

I think everything danger zone said is legit. It is ridiculous, but shit i think of the other things i could do for fun and nothing can really compare (for me that is, everybody's different) to the feeling of painting stuff and hanging out with fellow writers (for me those people are who i'd consider my best friends) and yeah it might not be very rewarding when you think about it, i mean shit i could go help people with my life and im sure id feel like a better person. but; im an asshole and im selfish. I quit writing for a while a little bit back, and i thought i was done for good, and it felt good not being stressed out about shit, but there was an intense void that i needed to fill. Without graffiti my life is boring. I wish it wasnt that way but it is..... that's life.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by Danger Zone@Mar 17 2006, 02:36 AM

And yet no one will ever acknowledge, understand, or appreciate your passion like you do.

hate to keep adding to the critique of your rant, but i think this board stays filled with people, well, just like you...

but don't quit and start rollerblading or sightseeing on a segway.

Originally posted by you enjoy myself+Mar 16 2006, 12:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (you enjoy myself - Mar 16 2006, 12:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Danger Zone@Mar 16 2006, 12:36 PM

All this shit leads to is felonies, violence, headaches, health problems, lack of sleep, anxiety and social isolation...

derr. it's all listed on the application. you must not have read the fine print.

[/b]

Shit, it aint the fine print, shits bold

Originally posted by Danger Zone@Mar 16 2006, 12:36 PM

It seems as though graffiti writers have more problems than most. After years and years of this shit I havent gained anything. And no, doing a sick burner will not make you a happier person. Recognition will not provide redemption. All this shit leads to is felonies, violence, headaches, health problems, lack of sleep, anxiety and social isolation yet im still am compeled to do it. I used to have grand schemes about what graffiti meant but now I know that it doesnt mean shit. Its an ego trip for ego manics to feel better about themselves and feel important. To make us feel permanent in this very impermanent world. Even when I get past that I still see no real reason. If you are just picking this up then quit now. It will infect your system like a virus and become a part of you. Soon youll probably develop a double life. Be at war with yourself between your graffiti ego and the fact that you are normal. Everyone is as crazy as you (almost). And yet no one will ever acknowledge, understand, or appreciate your passion like you do. Your view of yourself will be distorted and different from reality...

I don't know, I think that's a pretty good post. I can relate to a lot of it. Especially the part where you go to war with yourself. But it never was about ego to me.

But yeah, graffiti ruined my life. It sucks when you go to jail and it wasn't for money. But I don't know about making that general statement about how writers have more problems than most. Not from what I see.

Originally posted by symbols@Mar 16 2006, 10:44 AM

speak for yourself bud.

leave it alone if it's not working for you, but don't assume it's not working for anyone else.

:bawling:

fuck yuo you dirty little bitch.... go back to your horrible town...you fuckin loser

EASTBAY UGGGNNNGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...learn real shit..

Originally posted by potofweed@Mar 18 2006, 02:44 AM

I'm a toy and haven't used cans yet but I sketch a lot and I think about graffiti almost all the time... Wether it's a new style or a tight place to put up a piece or a sticker or a tag etc., I can't stop thinking about writing... And it's AWESOME!! :biglaugh:

go back to fuckin gay town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clown2: