just had an amendment where i said

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by guerillaeye@Mar 10 2006, 12:12 PM

my credit sucks.. and its fucking up my trying to buy a home.. my score is 505... i have no credit as opposed to bad.

I had a friend who paid one of those credit improvement services and they increased his rating by some 200 points... a pretty significant amount. I'm not sure how much they charge for that.. but it could be worth looking in to.

student loans are bitchy

i refused to do it and worked my way through college

sooooo glad about that!

i know too many people just fucked with that shit

you can get a credit card that you actually put money onto then use

(just like a devit card, but it's a 'credit' card)

to build credit

you can also purchase something that costs more than 2K in cash

you can get a phone and be sure to pay the bill on time every month

or utilities, like cable

or you can get a cosigner moron

but damn hesh, you don't have plastic?

i rented a car last sunday for forty bucks and that included insurance.

how do you buy plane tickets?

(i know i know, it's not impossible..but it's so convenient!)

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Originally posted by symbols@Mar 10 2006, 03:35 PM

student loans are bitchy

i refused to do it and worked my way through college

sooooo glad about that!

i know too many people just fucked with that shit

you can get a credit card that you actually put money onto then use

(just like a devit card, but it's a 'credit' card)

to build credit

you can also purchase something that costs more than 2K in cash

you can get a phone and be sure to pay the bill on time every month

or utilities, like cable

or you can get a cosigner moron

but damn hesh, you don't have plastic?

i rented a car last sunday for forty bucks and that included insurance.

how do you buy plane tickets?

(i know i know, it's not impossible..but it's so convenient!)

You buy them with mind bullets if your a badass!

Originally posted by guerillaeye@Mar 10 2006, 03:12 PM

my credit sucks.. and its fucking up my trying to buy a home.. my score is 505... i have no credit as opposed to bad.

to get your credit up, have your mom put your name on her good card.. dont use it.. just piggy-back on on-time payments and watch your rating go up.

if my mom had credit, thats what i would do.

You can get a loan through most sub prime lenders... but you'll pay out the ass in interest.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

How to get a credit card

‎1. Get a stable job. Work for a year.‎

‎2. Get a loan of above 1000; pay it off over the years.‎

‎3. Apply for your first credit card. You will get one but it will be at a high interest. ‎

‎4. Enjoy buying shit off the internet you don't need and getting yourself into crippling debit.‎

Originally posted by HECZONER@Mar 10 2006, 02:08 PM

Go to your local bank, deposit 500.00 in a special savings/credit program account, they will in return give you 500 back which is considered a loan, you pay back the original 500 (which you've gotten back already) in 2-3 mths on time ofcourse and bam! you've just started your credit history. People with bad credit can use this program to bump up their credit points a notch or two.

it's called "WASH" since no money is ever really moved from one pocket to the next.

This is your best bet.

Also, Chase has some sort of deal where you can deposit cash against a credit card.

Maybe I'm wording that badly....

But, as it was explained to my girl, you deposit $1000, you get a card with a $1000 limit.

In the event you fuck up with payments and such, they take your deposit.

It's meant to help people with bad credit or no credit get their shit up to par.

My girl fucked her credit up years ago and has had an impossible time trying to find any card.

I also fucked my credit up years ago.

While working at a certain large department store my boss asked if anyone wanted to apply for this shit (The more credit apps the store fills out, the better it is for them with the people in corporate...). I did it for the sake of getting to take a few hours off to fill out the stuff. I got the card, used it once to buy a pair of pants, and was under the impression that it was paid off....

Because of an interesting series of events, that one pair of pants ended up not being paid for and destroying any kind of credit I had. My mom sorted some shit out with the people at the company because I was young at the time and really had no idea how to handle it. In the end things were sorted out but my credit was very fucked.

2 years ago my mom told me that she got an offer from her credit card company about a type of card you could cosign for a young adult or someone in need of help with building good credit. She applied for it and I got a Visa with a $14,000 line of credit.

I put one large purchase on it (15'' Powerbook...) and paid all my shit off on it. I'm going to get rid of that card soon. I think my credit score is good now because I applied for a few cards through various stores (Home Depot, Best Buy.....) a while ago and got cards with limits over $1,500 on them. I recently got rid of all of them and just got a good Visa Platinum and make sure that I pay that off religiously.

So, if you dont have "bad" credit per se, get a card from Home Depot (I found they gave it to me the easiest of the stores I went to....) with a $500 or so limit on it, use it for bullshit and dont max it out, after a few months try getting a regular Visa. I dont know why people get 5 or 6 cards. It's retarded. Get one card and only buy shit you know you can pay off.

I need to try to buy a house soon....

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Mar 10 2006, 04:35 PM

I dont know why people get 5 or 6 cards. It's retarded. Get one card and only buy shit you know you can pay off.

Seriously.... I have friends who are tens of thousands of dollars in debt because they keep making the minimum payments only, and getting screwed on the interest, all because they wanted to splurge. Eff that.

Yeah. Exactly.

I'm relatively young, I have good credit, and NO debt whatsoever....

Well, other than my parents, but thats neither alot or a real debt situation.

I think the worst shit is people buying new cars that they cant afford.

Why the fuck do you need a brand new car?

Oh, thats right. You're flossing.

Enjoy that shit, I'll have a nice home though in a few years, you wont "own" anything.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
Originally posted by dubsface@Mar 10 2006, 04:44 PM

I never had a credit card and plan to never have one. I know too many people who are ass deep in debt because of the ridiculous things they bought as college students. Not my steelo.

Yeah but credit cards do help you out, if your smart you would get one but only buy little shit you can pay off, or for emergancies like say you need to buy some new tires for your ride. Shit like that

Guest R@ndomH3ro

I only use my credit cards to buy shit off of amazon, and I easly pay it off on my next billing cycle. Thanks to that I was able to buy a brand new car at a low finace intrest when my other car went to shit. Thanks smart credit managment!! I also aggre with Shark, I think its stupid to buy shit out of your means just because you want to live the big life. When I bought that new car the dealership wanted to put me in some 24 thousand dollars card becasue my credit was so good, but I was like fuck that. I just need something that gets me to work, and has air conditioning cause its fucking hot outside.

Originally posted by Herbivore+Mar 10 2006, 04:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Herbivore - Mar 10 2006, 04:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-guerillaeye@Mar 10 2006, 03:12 PM

to get your credit up, have your mom put your name on her good card.. dont use it.. just piggy-back on on-time payments and watch your rating go up.

if my mom had credit, thats what i would do.

You can get a loan through most sub prime lenders... but you'll pay out the ass in interest.

[/b]

ive been trying.. like im going bald, trying. no body wants to give me a mortgage, however my girls dad is trying to help buy this home as an "investment property", and then transfer the deed when i get my numbers up enough. the interest is going to be a bit over 7%.. which is high, but not too high.