The Hills Have Eyes

CRAMPS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fermentor666+Mar 11 2006, 05:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Mar 11 2006, 05:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-master bait@Mar 11 2006, 05:17 PM

winner:

eh14.jpg

You're with me now, you're with me....and I have such sights...to show you.....

[/b]

What is this movie?

I may have seen it. I'm not sure.

It looks familiar.

-fuse.

Event Horizon. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119081/

I'm telling you, Slither is even more of a rip-off of Cronenberg's Shivers, almost right down to the title. And no doubt, the guy who made it must have seen both Creeps and Shivers, but Shiver's was actually a good film. And it came over 10 years before Night of the Creeps. Shivers is one of Cronenberg's early works, 1975.

Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073705/

to pamento6666

well the thing is gunn even said the movie is a more of a homage than

anything else..

and this is a response from a question my ex asked at the fangoria film festival..its not really an attempt to break any ground in this type of horror genre

and i'll post up the torrent link to dead or alive..or dead alive?

dead or alive i know..dead alive i'll look for

downloaded dirty ho last night.

A homage, yes, but a covert one. A real homage would make people aware of the films to which it paid tribute. The sad fact is that 98% of the people who will watch that film will never know. Cronenberg constantly gets fucked over, from History of Violence not getting any major nominations despite the fact that the only film that equaled it in quality and greatness this year was Capote, to Paul Haggis blatently overstepping artistic boundries in naming his film Crash (Cronenberg's "Crash" from 1996 is miles better and also well-known, as was the book it was based on), to people ignoring the revolutionary visual effects in films such as Naked Lunch and Videodrome.

Originally posted by fermentor666@Mar 13 2006, 12:12 AM

Event Horizon. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119081/

I'm telling you, Slither is even more of a rip-off of Cronenberg's Shivers, almost right down to the title. And no doubt, the guy who made it must have seen both Creeps and Shivers, but Shiver's was actually a good film. And it came over 10 years before Night of the Creeps. Shivers is one of Cronenberg's early works, 1975.

Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073705/

Originally posted by fatalist@Mar 12 2006, 08:48 AM

two of my friends caught this movie yesterday, and ended up walking out.

I totally know why they left

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

This girl has a baby and is breast feeding her..these mutants have her at gunpoint, while one is raping her younger sister, the other begins to aggresivly suckle milk from her teet..then proceds to blow her brains out with a 44 magnum..but doesent fully kill her-in the background her father is being burned alive and you can see his flesh peeling off.

yeah..like I said its gross..

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by fermentor666@Mar 12 2006, 07:33 PM

History of Violence not getting any major nominations despite the fact that the only film that equaled it in quality and greatness this year was Capote

Very much agreed. I have yet to see Capote, but I actually think A History of Violence was the best film I saw last year.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Mar 13 2006, 01:26 AM

I really need to see Naked Lunch.

Great movie, but it's completely fucked up and hard to make sense of. Just like heroin, I guess.

Mams, Capote was great. It goes pretty steady, plotwise, until about 2/3's of the way through when you'll just get blown away. And the best actor Oscar was inevitable, he was that good.

Cronenberg had a recent interview with the Toronto Star where he said that he was pissed about his movie not getting recognized at the Oscars, but he had a lot of that "eh, whattya gonna do?" mentality. He also said that he mentioned to Paul Haggis that it wasn't cool to take his movie title.

I saw 'History' in the first couple of days it came out, and I'm probably gonna rent it tomorrow..

Speaking about the Oscars, he said that there was no way that his movie's theme could have gone over the Academy's heads; that the movie has a clear message that is very relevant in these times; that they're shallow, and he went on to criticize their picking Crash over Brokeback Mountain for best picture.

He's right on all accounts. Crash was a mediocre film with a couple of manipulative scenes that were disguised as "moving". For fuck's sake, it had Sandra Bullock and Brendan Frasier in it. I would have rather seen a gay cowboy movie get the Oscar. Hollywood is afraid of Cronenberg, because he has never made a "fluff" film.

It's also kinda wack that History of Violence isn't up for a Genie award (the Canadian Oscars that get really poor ratings) because even though the film was shot in and around Toronto, and had a mostly Canadian crew, it was produced and distributed by Americans. But that's the right decision by the Genie Awards.

Cronenberg was happy that his film has reaped a ton of awards in places like Europe, though.

a few years ago, i was lucky enough to catch a screening of Braindead (aka Dead Alive) around Halloween at an independent theater. i would highly recommend it to anyone interested in horror/gore.

as far as remakes are concerned, hollywood these days is remaking films of every genre, so horror will be no exception. the original texas chainsaw massacre is one of my favorites and the recent remake was a joke. the saddest part is that alot of people dont even know about the original versions.

at least i can always rely on stuff like cannibal exploitation and asian gore

Originally posted by fermentor666+Mar 13 2006, 02:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fermentor666 - Mar 13 2006, 02:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-26SidedCube@Mar 13 2006, 01:26 AM

I really need to see Naked Lunch.

Great movie, but it's completely fucked up and hard to make sense of. Just like heroin, I guess.

[/b]

Yeah. Talk about a creative process:

1. Do a shitload of heroin.

2. Find out about other weird drugs.

3. Do them.

4. Shoot wife in face.

5. Flee country.

6. Hide in a hut.

7. Eat more drugs.

8. Write stuff down.

9. Collect paper from floor.

10. Give to friends to 'organize'.

11. Publish.

Writers live the good life.

Here's the thing about this film - If you're the type of person who really feel's that character development and plot are crucial to you enjoying a horror film - SKIP THIS MOVIE. The plot is beyond weak, there is hardly a back story for the characters, and the acting is barely above b-level. With that said, if you enjoy gore and a decent soundtrack - this film's for you.

Oh, and on the Gore tip - HIGH TENSION was much better.