The Greatest Rapper Of All Time Died On March 9th

2 blaazed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does a thread about Big have to turn into some bullshit transcendental experience?

You know why people worship celebrities? Because deep inside of every man, woman, and bipedal conscious being, caught right up at the intersection of creativity and emotion, is unbridled insanity. Artists learn how to hug, mass produce and market their madness in a neat little package, this way those who lack the conviction (or capacity) to fully understand themselves can pay $15 to experience, second-hand, what it feels like to really let go and completely lose yourself inside of yourself (no mo). Every so often an artist, like Big or Pac or Eminem (for the sake of using rappers), comes along and perfectly captures the most raw, rugged, 'anyman' features of society and people can relate. Because people can relate, and they're a little crazy to boot, they project themselves onto said artist and, whether conscious or not, see celebrities as the 'polished' versions of themselves; the versionsof themselves that could have been, if not for 'regular-life reponsibilities'.

So we pay celebrities to live the lives we wish we could. It's the general public's little way of saying 'Hey, it's good to see one of us get there! You toughed it out where I got caught up in life's bullshit, and for that I'll pay you endless amounts of money!'

Yeah, that's 26. Talking about crazies again.

Originally posted by 26SidedCube@Mar 9 2006, 07:06 PM

Why does a thread about Big have to turn into some bullshit transcendental experience?

You know why people worship celebrities? Because deep inside of every man, woman, and bipedal conscious being, caught right up at the intersection of creativity and emotion, is unbridled insanity. Artists learn how to hug, mass produce and market their madness in a neat little package, this way those who lack the conviction (or capacity) to fully understand themselves can pay $15 to experience, second-hand, what it feels like to really let go and completely lose yourself inside of yourself (no mo). Every so often an artist, like Big or Pac or Eminem (for the sake of using rappers), comes along and perfectly captures the most raw, rugged, 'anyman' features of society and people can relate. Because people can relate, and they're a little crazy to boot, they project themselves onto said artist and, whether conscious or not, see celebrities as the 'polished' versions of themselves; the versionsof themselves that could have been, if not for 'regular-life reponsibilities'.

So we pay celebrities to live the lives we wish we could. It's the general public's little way of saying 'Hey, it's good to see one of us get there! You toughed it out where I got caught up in life's bullshit, and for that I'll pay you endless amounts of money!'

Yeah, that's 26. Talking about crazies again.

dope post..

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Mar 9 2006, 04:43 PM

You guys got the wrong big.

BIG L Rest In Peace!

Throw your L's up!!

actually you got it wrong too....dont get me wrong Notorious B.I.G. was sick with the flows...and Big L was nice.....but you guys got the wrong big.....BIG PUN.....that fool had rhymes for days.....lesson learned: if youre an emcee, dont have your name start with "big"

R.I.P. Pun,Biggie, big L, 2pac, eazy-e

Originally posted by Steve Miller@Mar 9 2006, 11:36 PM

ill mitch lives.

Hello to rap fans, I am ILL Mitch. I come from Russia to America now I am free to do 3 favorite things. These are rap and ride on my skateboard and hit my boxing bag. But most favorite thing is rap.

SkatePose1small.jpg

This board is fast and danger

Classic.. anyone got stILL Mitch? i've only been able to find a few of the tracks off p2p :(