CREATIVE JOB IDEAS?

dumy

alright, here's some ideas i've been tossing around:

airbrushing tshirts, cars, whatever

writing books

comic books

joining the graphic artists guild (to see what kind of resources they gots)

working for the gubment

i've already tried tattooing and my nerves can't handle it properly. You need surgeons hands for that. And I have alot of nerve damage.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Mar 10 2006, 02:19 PM

that looks like that would get boring as hell drawing the same technical shit over and over and over.

I have a an obsession with flowers I draw and paint them regularly so this seems like the obvious movement.

Originally posted by dumy+Mar 9 2006, 04:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dumy - Mar 9 2006, 04:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LENS@Mar 9 2006, 04:45 PM

Sales....

it's not all sleazy car dealership and door to door steezie.

I work as a sales executive and the best thing I find about sales is that your income is only limited by the amount of work you put in. The more work, the more money you earn. If I work overtime, it shows in my paycheck.

But you have to be a social person for this kind of work. If you hate people, you're shit out of luck. Then again, if you dig manipulating folks, sales might be right for you.

yeah I've worked in sales before Lens..I'm pretty good at it..but the thing is theres a lot of pressure involved in that line of work..if sales are going great..they love you..as soon as they fall off..no matter if its your fault or not..start looking for another job..i'm in that situation right now..thats why I'm looking for another job..

[/b]

dude i am great at sales especially music equipment. I sold $10,000 more than every person in the store the first month that i was at this one store. Other workers got jealous said I was opening the store late stealing things and taking hour and a half lunches all of which was untrue I didnt know any of this was going on the managers didnt get it because they saw how great I was doing so they talked to me and said they had 9 complaints from co workers about me. They told me the whole thing and said they had to write me a written warning even though they though it was bullshit. I just looked at the regional manager and said you know what I proved my fuckingself and I told you from the begining that "I am the shit" and that I would amaze him and I get a warning because some employees are to stupid to realize that there is no I in team and we are here together as a company not as individuals and they should be happy our store is up in sales I T.O.'d (turnedover) tons of sales cause other people were having bad days and I didnt even get a thank you and I still beat out everyone in this place. I told him that when their employees start getting some balls and doing what it takes to make sales to call me and gave him back his store key. I went back a while later and one of the kids I was cool with said that the manager said he fired me on the spot. What a fucking pussy couldnt even tell the truth to his own employees.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars+Mar 9 2006, 10:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iloveboxcars - Mar 9 2006, 10:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Mar 9 2006, 04:09 PM

Work for the railroad.

The union for that shit is insane.

Especially around here.

You really have to "know someone" in it, but once you're in you're pretty much set.

Conductors here pull down over $100,000 a year.... plus the benefits and all that shit? Forget it.... golden.

Or get in with a freight company I guess? I dont know how to go about that though.

Stable, good union, good pay, good retirement plans...

you dont have to know someone to get in.. i have an interview with union pacific on the 17th.

[/b]

Interesting....

I was more referring to the "passenger lines" when I was talking about "knowing people".

But the more I think about it the more I really want to drive trains.

I just dont think that it's feasible right now given my "extracurricular activities" and how that could be a serious conflict of interest.

Just need to stay out of trouble until I find something more "substantial" in my life.... as far as "extracurricular" stuff goes.

I'm thinking of possibly applying for the conductor position they have open around here. you travel (it says you should expect to be away from home for about 3 days at a time) and you would also see a lot of the shit you would never see if you weren't on the rails. i dont see how painting would get in the way of you getting a job there. as long as you dont wear tribal gear or whatever the fuck, im sure you'll be fine.

sell shit. I could literally shit in a box and sell it for 5 bucks all day

FANCY FERTILIZER BITCH

I make between 450 and 600 a week selling stuff door to door. I dont go residential. Business to business. I kinda enjoy it to be honest. No supervision. I control my income. Its fun. Look up innovage.com. I think thats it. The biz isnt for everybody but i definitly had worse jobs. I get to holla at bitches all day long and i drop my resume all over town every day. I get calls for new jobs all the time but i like soliciting.

The other thing. After less than 2 years you can start your own company with the same people. Those guys make 60-75 K per year and its looks probably pretty easy

Maybe you could just fake a resume, there's so much corruption out there already, it's not going to matter really... as long as you can do the job who really gives a fuck? I always thought they checked that shit, but not as much as one may think.

do something sales. May not be creative...however, if you can sell shit you will never go hungry. Today i sold $400 worth of impulse items. Shit nobody needs. Of that i got to keep 125 and it took about 6 hours. Not awesome money but not terrible either.

A good salesman can make 150K per year.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars+Mar 10 2006, 03:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iloveboxcars - Mar 10 2006, 03:46 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Shark Hammil@Mar 9 2006, 04:09 PM

Work for the railroad.

Especially around here.

You really have to "know someone" in it, but once you're in you're pretty much set.

Conductors here pull down over $100,000 a year.... plus the benefits and all that shit? Forget it.... golden.

Or get in with a freight company I guess? I dont know how to go about that though.

you dont have to know someone to get in.. i have an interview with union pacific on the 17th.

[/b]

You really don't.

I start training with Canadian Pacific on Monday.

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 9 2006, 09:45 PM

Sales....

I work as a sales executive and the best thing I find about sales is that your income is only limited by the amount of work you put in. The more work, the more money you earn. If I work overtime, it shows in my paycheck.

thats really revolutionary, who would have thought? Fuck sales though you vampirous sleaze bag, and your not allowed to call yourself an executive unless you make a huge amount of dough...people with their delusional job titles these days

Start a religion. Be like L Ron Hubbard and tell people there's the ghosts of dead brainwashed aliens called thetas attached to your body which cause chemical imbalances and mental illnesses, and charge folks up the ass to remove the ghosts. Sure, people wil commit suicide over the money they've lost, but you'll make millions and live your days doing recreational drugs with little boys on your own private yacht while your wife does time for wiretapping the feds so she can hear how the investigations against scientology are going.

Your legacy will live on through episodes of South Park that dont even need to satirize your beliefs to make them funny, as well as through hollywood's biggest celebs proselytizing your religion at the same time coining phrases like "jumping the couch."

Guest im not witty
Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Mar 10 2006, 12:09 AM

Work for the railroad.

Especially around here.

ive been thinking alot about this lately. the ONLY thing holding me back is the schedule the first few years.

Originally posted by Johnny Blaze+Mar 12 2006, 03:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johnny Blaze - Mar 12 2006, 03:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cloner@Mar 12 2006, 11:47 AM

set up a webcame and tell the internet your 15.

ding ding ding!!!

[/b]

You could get double paid.

Once by your clients.

And a second time by the government.

-fuse.