CREATIVE JOB IDEAS?

dumy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

find a government job.. decent pay, good benefits... you can be totally incompetent and there is little accountability. as for creativity, just bring a sketch pad for your down time... however, if you have a criminal record, don't bother.

Holding a sign off a freeway enterance saying "will work for food".....im not saying this to be an ass but these motherfuckers can make ALOT of money on a busy weekend....i remember 20/20 doing a report on it back when i was younger....dude went straight from begging for change to a nice ass car....all caught on hidden cam!

Originally posted by dumy@Mar 9 2006, 04:32 PM

I stopped selling w**d and pills hella long ago..

WORST BUSINESS DECISION EVER!

how about bank robber?

-creative work day,

should i take over the bank all hostile like? or do i hand the teller a note?

-you set the hours

rush hour to lose the fives in traffic? or when the police shift change occurs?

-you choose your salary

just the cash in the front? or should i empty the vault too?

Other perks:

-Casual dress

-Extended vacations

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Mar 9 2006, 06:09 PM

Work for the railroad.

The union for that shit is insane.

Especially around here.

You really have to "know someone" in it, but once you're in you're pretty much set.

Conductors here pull down over $100,000 a year.... plus the benefits and all that shit? Forget it.... golden.

Or get in with a freight company I guess? I dont know how to go about that though.

Stable, good union, good pay, good retirement plans...

damn this is what i wanna do.

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Mar 9 2006, 04:09 PM

Work for the railroad.

The union for that shit is insane.

Especially around here.

You really have to "know someone" in it, but once you're in you're pretty much set.

Conductors here pull down over $100,000 a year.... plus the benefits and all that shit? Forget it.... golden.

Or get in with a freight company I guess? I dont know how to go about that though.

Stable, good union, good pay, good retirement plans...

you dont have to know someone to get in.. i have an interview with union pacific on the 17th.

Originally posted by CACashRefund+Mar 10 2006, 01:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - Mar 10 2006, 01:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Mar 9 2006, 04:32 PM

I stopped selling w**d and pills hella long ago..

WORST BUSINESS DECISION EVER!

how about bank robber?

-creative work day,

should i take over the bank all hostile like? or do i hand the teller a note?

-you set the hours

rush hour to lose the fives in traffic? or when the police shift change occurs?

-you choose your salary

just the cash in the front? or should i empty the vault too?

Other perks:

-Casual dress

-Extended vacations

[/b]

Dumy, i think we have a winner

alright now before you jump on me for even suggesting this, how about selling some type of graffiti like product. trucker hats sell really really quickly and are also i nice way of attracting pink pussy. airbrushing shirts and kicks especially now with nicer weather. yeah it's corny as hell but with a good plan it will pay the bills.

it aint as creative as doing the ads but maybe try wroking as a media planner/buyer..it's not the most exciting but once you've got a year or two under your belt it'll become a lot more interesting.Online is booming for this stuff and eventually you can dictate the way the creative team work..

Just a thought-I don't hate it too much!

EDITED spelling mistakes

Originally posted by ARCEL@Mar 9 2006, 11:43 PM

hamburger assembly technician

best line ever.

Anyhow:

• Personal shopper.
    Proffessional food taster.
    Illustrator.
    Male model.
    Male prostitute.
    Male order bride.
    Letter carrier.
    Luthiar (violin maker)
    Ichiologist.
    Ornothologist.
    Gynocologist.
    Orthoscopic Surgien (sp?)
    English teacher.
    Professor of art.

I could think of more but this aut to get you started.

Originally posted by SteveAustin+Mar 9 2006, 11:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveAustin - Mar 9 2006, 11:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-El Mamerro@Mar 9 2006, 04:12 PM

I don't really like getting home and feeling like turning off my brain and imagination and not having the energy to apply creativity to my personal life.

exactly.

dumy...I'd be a con man if I were you.

[/b]

Being a con artist is fun. It's like being an actor with no cameras rolling and its lucrative money.

Originally posted by boner@Mar 10 2006, 09:25 AM

find a government job.. decent pay, good benefits... you can be totally incompetent and there is little accountability. as for creativity, just bring a sketch pad for your down time... however, if you have a criminal record, don't bother.

this is exactly the job im trying to find at the moment. a desk job where i can get away with finishing my work quick then just fucking around hopefully on a computor. thats the sweetest plum.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe+Mar 10 2006, 12:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mackfatsoe - Mar 10 2006, 12:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>When I worked at Macy's as a part of the "Visual Team" I worked for a couple people who used to be succesful set designers in LA, but they said the money dried up with the quickness. Maybe they just sucked at what they did.

[/b]

You know this makes sense because I just read in the new issue of Wired how computer generated animation is becoming more and more prevalent in hollywood movies. Perhaps the question is, is it more cost effective for a movie studio to create a set in the real world or in simulation?

Originally posted by skullnbones@Mar 10 2006, 05:21 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-boner@Mar 10 2006, 09:25 AM

this is exactly the job im trying to find at the moment. a desk job where i can get away with finishing my work quick then just fucking around hopefully on a computor. thats the sweetest plum.

Meeeee Toooooooooooo........ Seriously government work is on an entirely different system than civilian work. It's not motivated and operated by profitability.

Right now I'm collecting unemployment and doing art stuff, so unless something miraculous happens between now and when my ui runs out i'm going into government work.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by villain@Mar 10 2006, 08:29 AM

You know this makes sense because I just read in the new issue of Wired how computer generated animation is becoming more and more prevalent in hollywood movies. Perhaps the question is, is it more cost effective for a movie studio to create a set in the real world or in simulation?

Regardless of the set being real or virtual, it needs art direction, design, and construction. And I don't think you can make a CGI Macy's. Yet.

i haven't read the thread, so this is out the cut

but medical illustration always sounded so cool to me

unforuntately you do need a degree in it

what about teaching?

no money in that, but some friends of mine have enjoyed their jobs.

i know some people who do set-up for productions: music tours, conventions, etc. they travel all over and do some creative shit

and some people who are more about theatrical and set design

they do more furnture building type shit, which can be lucrative after you get experience

Originally posted by El Mamerro@Mar 10 2006, 08:57 AM

Regardless of the set being real or virtual, it needs art direction, design, and construction. And I don't think you can make a CGI Macy's. Yet.

You may be on to something mams.... you should perhaps capitalize on that.... there's already alot of preconstructed cg people sell out there. a one stop shop till you drop could be a lucrative endeavor.

You could start up a company where you have really wealthy business owners pay you to befriend unsuspecting caucasions from Vermont. It'd be like the hooker scene in that movie Rat Race, except they'd have you hang out with some corn-fed bumblefuck white dude in a really rural area and film it for the sake of playing it in the background at Board Meetings.

Think of it as guerilla friendship... but totally sadistic and wrong on all levels.

Originally posted by symbols@Mar 10 2006, 10:38 AM

i haven't read the thread, so this is out the cut

but medical illustration always sounded so cool to me

unforuntately you do need a degree in it

what about teaching?

no money in that, but some friends of mine have enjoyed their jobs.

i know some people who do set-up for productions: music tours, conventions, etc. they travel all over and do some creative shit

and some people who are more about theatrical and set design

they do more furnture building type shit, which can be lucrative after you get experience

Im getting my degree in medical/scientific illustration with a focus on botany.

it pays on average 68,000 a year. not bad and you can do other illustration jobs also.